Alloa vs Airdrie

The midfield is OK in my book. Twenty one shots last week and one goal to show for it would suggest the forward line is needing to step up. I think we have been too reliant on the midfielders like Easton to chip in with the goals when our strikers are not doing the business on a regular basis.

Feeling a bit nervous for this one as it was a missed opportunity on Saturday against clyde. Feel that Callum Smith has to start upfront and would prefer McCabe to be in defensive midfield so he can dictate the play. Great to see Gabby McGill back again and feel he can have a big part to play between now and the end of the season. Will also be interesting to see how Alloa are since Ferguson has left and Brian Rice has taken over. Dont care how we do it but we have to get 3 points. 

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Will also be interesting to see how Alloa are since Ferguson has left and Brian Rice has taken over.

Far better mate ! we are playing again , but another tough gig on saturday  no mistake .

If alloa play the way they did until the sending off on Saturday I think they can  win, and keep 11 men on the park 🙉

Alot of these boys played as if a huge weight had been lifted off their shoulders and it was refreshing to hear some positive encouragement from the bench  for a change 

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Can see this being decided by a goal, Euan Henderson loves a goal against us so need to keep him quiet. 

Not sure if he'll start, although he is available again after a 2 game suspension. Sammon was a standout last week and manager signed Ross MacIver during the week on loan. Suspect he'll play some part though.

I have gone for an away win, more in desperately hoping to reel in Cove, but we were way off last time at Alloa. Getting shot of Barry would help most clubs, and I want a more assertive midfielder to take the game up the park. So out goes Agnew and Smith must start.

It will be tough whatever side appears. 

2 hours ago, dextermorgan said:

The midfield is OK in my book. Twenty one shots last week and one goal to show for it would suggest the forward line is needing to step up. I think we have been too reliant on the midfielders like Easton to chip in with the goals when our strikers are not doing the business on a regular basis.

Spot on, Smith is a good player and does have pace and workrate is good, it's a boy to put the ball in the net we desperately need to keep challenge going, don't think we have addressed the problem, it has been there from start of season, Smith and McGill would start  is that maybe hard on Gal who we have had to rely on so often, it's a hard choice for manager 

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I have gone for an away win, more in desperately hoping to reel in Cove, but we were way off last time at Alloa. Getting shot of Barry would help most clubs, and I want a more assertive midfielder to take the game up the park. So out goes Agnew and Smith must start.

It will be tough whatever side appears. 

Agnew definitely out for me too but for Kerr as a bit of physicality required to deal with Sammon. I would also go with a front two of Smith and Gabby.

Kyle MacDonald might come into it too if fit.

First-half was terrific last week and a similar level of performance will cause problems for any team in the league. We should have held out with 10 men anyway, but no doubt that the game did change on a debatable refereeing decision. Hopefully we can reach similar levels tomorrow and keep 11 men on the park. 

I'd have Taggart back out on the flank and I'd be happy to see Howie come in if we're keeping the same shape. Big call on whether or not Henderson starts after strong showings from Sammon and Boyd last week. Big call also between the sticks. Hutton is often a bit of a scapegoat for some fans because of the circumstances in which he arrived at Alloa but he isn't a bad keeper. However, hard to recall many saves you wouldn't expect him to make, and more to the point I was disappointed in him being stuck to his line last week when Cove were putting us under siege in the last half hour. Someone like Neil Parry would have come and collected a few crosses and calmed it all down. Strong case for giving the new lad a shot tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Agnew definitely out for me too but for Kerr as a bit of physicality required to deal with Sammon. I would also go with a front two of Smith and Gabby.

Kyle MacDonald might come into it too if fit.

Forget Kyle, he's not fit!

8 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Very good and the commentary is one of best you'll find in Scotland IMO.

Are you one of the commentators like?

Joking, from what I vaguely remember  from the last visit in September/October, the package was pretty decent. You’d like to think so for £18!

14 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Are you one of the commentators like?

Joking, from what I vaguely remember  from the last visit in September/October, the package was pretty decent. You’d like to think so for £18!

Commentary is very good, up there with Dumbarton's for me. Unfortunately the main commentator, Kieran?, I could be making that up was missing last week. 

5 hours ago, Waspie said:

First-half was terrific last week and a similar level of performance will cause problems for any team in the league. We should have held out with 10 men anyway, but no doubt that the game did change on a debatable refereeing decision. Hopefully we can reach similar levels tomorrow and keep 11 men on the park. 

I'd have Taggart back out on the flank and I'd be happy to see Howie come in if we're keeping the same shape. Big call on whether or not Henderson starts after strong showings from Sammon and Boyd last week. Big call also between the sticks. Hutton is often a bit of a scapegoat for some fans because of the circumstances in which he arrived at Alloa but he isn't a bad keeper. However, hard to recall many saves you wouldn't expect him to make, and more to the point I was disappointed in him being stuck to his line last week when Cove were putting us under siege in the last half hour. Someone like Neil Parry would have come and collected a few crosses and calmed it all down. Strong case for giving the new lad a shot tomorrow. 

Both Boyd and Sammon deserve to start for me. Henderson contributes very little apart from his goals - yes I know his goals are a huge plus, but for me I'd rather see the level of work rate we got from everyone last week again. 

With Robbo out I'd go with the same starting eleven (I'm assuming the formation will be the same) with the possible exception of Hutton making way for Morrison (who I can't remember seeing play).

Unfortunately I can't make this one, so will be relying on the stream. We need to be looking to put a run of home wins together.