Clyde v Falkirk

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The picture in the FFCTV banner is the goal. I know because I took it. This is it cropped tighter & sharpened a little. You can clearly see Gomis making contact with the ball. 

I couldn't see the flight of the ball afterwards because the players were in the way, but from the FFCTV replay the only person who could have touched it after Gomis was your number 18. He may have knocked it into the net from about a yard out, but it was going in anyway so for me it's a Gomis OG. 

Goal Falkirk .jpg

And there we have it! Excellent picture too.

On 05/03/2022 at 17:54, SLClyde said:

Falkirk fans being given the main stand away section really just confirms them as a small league 1 club. League 1 forever. 

Given the symphony of shite we've been served up on the park for the last four and a half seasons that is an outstanding away support imo.

Fair play to anyone that went yesterday, I certainly couldn't be arsed 

1268806696_ScreenShot2022-03-06at19_30_21.thumb.png.6cb1aeb6c838d5ce4e3f355b49047429.png

15 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Given the symphony of shite we've been served up on the park for the last four and a half seasons that is an outstanding away support imo.

1268806696_ScreenShot2022-03-06at19_30_21.thumb.png.6cb1aeb6c838d5ce4e3f355b49047429.png

Aye, the support's holding up very well considering.

On the game; I thought we played quite well 1st half and I actually thought that Miller was OK at that point. His legs have gone though and it's his lack of speed, both physically and in thought process, that lets him down. Rennie has no choice but to play him though as the alternative is Hetherington and, slow as he is, I'd still rather have Miller in that position. The failure to bring in a better and more mobile defensive mid is what's killing us at the moment IMO. The only other option would be to play a defender out of position and I thought of ATS for all of half a second, then Dixon? McKay? Nah, only Mills would be likely to do a decent turn in there and we need him in CD. I thought he was good on Saturday although he tends to take a few unnecessary risks at times. I also thought that Telfer was completely out of sorts, one of the worst games he's played for us I thought. Dowds was poor and Griffiths was like a man down unless he was taking corners or free kicks.

16 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Normally you will fill the opposite stand.  1331 is a paltry figure for a Clyde v Falkirk game.  I sizeable number must have stayed away. 

4 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Normally you will fill the opposite stand.  1331 is a paltry figure for a Clyde v Falkirk game.  I sizeable number must have stayed away. 

There was less than that at the game in October.

On 06/03/2022 at 10:05, Mick1867 said:

So you've decided to re-emerge from your cave after making a spectacular fanny of yourself on twitter last week. That was before you set it to private of course. Absolute shitebag.

Yeah some laugh to see him in here referring to other people as creeps and losers given his track record 

2 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

We haven't really come close to filling that stand since we came down but from over 1500 away fans to just 800 on Saturday is quite a drop - as I said still around 800 more than our gutless shitebags deserve at the moment 

69183352_2326693387647761_91900737051647

88357308_1448414601995369_11514440272670

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We haven't really come close to filling that stand since we came down but from over 1500 away fans to just 800 on Saturday is quite a drop - as I said still around 800 more than our gutless shitebags deserve at the moment 

But what has happened?  Recently, Falkirk seem to have fired more managers than Alan Sugar has apprentices.  With each one, there seems to have been great hope.  And now with a new board and a new manager, things don't seem to be improving.  I accept that Martin Rennie can only work with the resources that are available to him, but there has been a transfer window during his tenure.  How have you got the the place, on a full-time budget, of having so many bang average players at best?  Will the new board and management team bring about any changes needed to get you to the playoffs, and then through them?

2 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

But what has happened?  Recently, Falkirk seem to have fired more managers than Alan Sugar has apprentices.  With each one, there seems to have been great hope.  And now with a new board and a new manager, things don't seem to be improving.  I accept that Martin Rennie can only work with the resources that are available to him, but there has been a transfer window during his tenure.  How have you got the the place, on a full-time budget, of having so many bang average players at best?  Will the new board and management team bring about any changes needed to get you to the playoffs, and then through them?

It's quite mystifying really.

He brought in 6 players (7 if including Dowds returning from loan) and, with exception of Taylor-Sinclair, all are better than what we had (although Griffiths is a bit of a luxury signing), yet we're not getting results. I would say that the individual performances have been better but it's not translating into improving the team as a whole for some reason.

We're definitely suffering from not being able to bring in a better defensive midfielder. You maybe noticed on Saturday the amount of time and space that Gomis had which allowed him to pull the strings. If we'd kept him (which I'm not for a second saying that we should have done) then he'd have played for us because he's still better than anything we've got in that position and I'm fairly sure that we would have won.

I honestly think that we're not that far away; if only we could get that one good signing, I think it would make a world of difference.