Clyde v Falkirk

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Well, that’s me convinced. I’d only be more convinced if it was all in caps. 

Seriously it’s true- highly unlikely now that your Club would admit it but it’s absolutely true.

I thought we played okay in the first half but Falkirk played a bit better. We had a massive chance through Cunningham and a few scraps from Jamieson but Falkirk hit the post and saw Maley make two great stops. No surprise that we concede from a corner kick, especially with a better than average delivery coming into the box. Defending set pieces is still a weak spot with us missing a really dominant defender.

The second half I was amazed that Falkirk became so passive. They still had a couple of good opportunities but they basically kept us in possession the whole half. I wasn't sure that we would score as we struggled for that final bit of quality but it was a smart finish from Jamieson to catch out a goalkeeper that will feel he could have done better. Over the piece, I think we possibly deserved a point but accept that if Falkirk had netted a second it would have been game over.

Falkirk under Sheerin did indeed beat us twice but we've actually only lost twice in the 16 league games since then so it's also fair to say that we're a much tougher proposition. As far as I'm concerned, the Bairns get worse every time I see them (I think the original McKinnon team would thump this one) and I don't think Gregory Tade could believe that there was another L1 striker who moves even slower than him. Griffiths looks completely and utterly done, we were just taking the ball off him all game.

Clyde should be moving on from this week and giving Lennon, Cuddihy, Splaine, Cunningham and Livingstone new contracts, before starting to explore if we can get McAllister away from Ayr. In some ways, an awful Dumbarton side rolling over the top of us has sparked us into being a bit better on the ball and I've actually enjoyed big parts of the last three matches; we are still scrapping away but playing a bit better football in the process without Jones getting in the way. Jamieson won't carve out opportunities for himself like Goodwillie did but if we get him chances he'll score. That finish was actually reminiscent of when Griffiths was first coming through, short back-lift to catch out a 'keeper that isn't set. Gary Maley did a decent job and given he's at the tail-end of his career I'm sure he'll be as happy as anyone that we got the equaliser. I actually thought that Gomis had an excellent second half as well.

The disagreement between the two managerial teams probably stems from the fact that Cunningham's original injury came from a Falkirk player committing a classic "taking one for the team" foul which left him in a sling after the Boxing Day game. I thought today's was fairly innocuous. It would be a huge blow if he has to miss a similar period of time.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

You have absolutely no proof we tried to sign him. Even if we did try, we didn’t sign him.

If we had I’d never have given Falkirk another penny in my lifetime and would have actively advocated against others doing so. 

He’s a fucking rapist. I don’t think there’s a high enough horse. 

Taking the moral high ground with Leigh Griffiths at your club. Really? Where is the backlash against a person asking for photos of an under 16 female and allso complained about for allegedly photographing his female neighbour? Be righteous, but be consistent.

24 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Salty tears on here (particularly from  Reginald) are delicious.

The amount of 'we should be out this league' pish I've heard last few years is laughable.

See you next season ❤😂

And the year after that............

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave😀

Some turn around from Splaine (and a few others) since earlier on in the season. I remember being absolutely seething at his performance during the Clydebank cup game but to be fair, I was seething with every person associated with that performance. He has really turned it round though and turned into a pretty big player for us. That Dumbarton game was a big example of how important he is for us in midfield. His physicality alone makes us a stronger team and he seems to have, generally speaking, gotten better at cutting out a lot of the frustrating wee mistakes we were seeing earlier in the season. I think he’s a player who has really benefited from playing so much football as he was clearly very raw at the start of the season. Despite being 25, this appears to be the most football he’s ever played in a season.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Griffiths swings in a good set piece but our defending at such situations is absolutely criminal, with our centre halves the biggest culprits. Can anyone work out who actually scores the opener? 

I didn't appreciate at the game how good Splaine's ball to Jamieson was. Cracking finish as well. 

From trying to watch the opener back at 0.25x speed, I’m not convinced it’s not actually an own goal from Gomis. It’s VERY hard to tell though as it could either Watson or Page. However, it does make me wish that we had a big dominant defender winning that header in the first place.

In fact, further analysis shows that Watson is nowhere near that! If any Falkirk player is claiming that it should be Dowds but I think it looks like an own goal from the Falkirk TV angle.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Some superb ball winning from Rumsby and Splaine in the build up to the goal aswell.

I thought the Falkirk goal was an OG at first but I can't seem to make up my mind watching it back.

Few things to take from today... 

- Falkirk are fucking honking

- Became an established league 1 side by ending up in our main stand as their massive support isn't quite so massive anymore 

- Griffiths is finished

- Falkirks moral compass is all over the shop. Raging at the idea of signing an accused rapist (not criminally convicted as call Kaye had to keep reminding people), but sign a convicted racist who messaged a 15 year old for nude pictures, where was the rage there? I'm going to assume that messaging wee girls for nudes is acceptable to you lot. 

- Marshmallow the raging Falkirk VL spending yet another Saturday evening Red dotting people, fucking loser of a boy.

- Clyde played well again today, especially in the second half. I did fear for life after Goodie but we have more than enough in the tank to get us over the line at the end of the season then in the close season we regroup and improve across the squad with a more balance budget. 

- Yet again my son can go into his new school in Falkirk and wind his pals up again.

See you next season Falkirk! Mon the part time pub team! 🇾🇪

7 hours ago, David W said:

I thought we played okay in the first half but Falkirk played a bit better. We had a massive chance through Cunningham and a few scraps from Jamieson but Falkirk hit the post and saw Maley make two great stops. No surprise that we concede from a corner kick, especially with a better than average delivery coming into the box. Defending set pieces is still a weak spot with us missing a really dominant defender.

The second half I was amazed that Falkirk became so passive. They still had a couple of good opportunities but they basically kept us in possession the whole half. I wasn't sure that we would score as we struggled for that final bit of quality but it was a smart finish from Jamieson to catch out a goalkeeper that will feel he could have done better. Over the piece, I think we possibly deserved a point but accept that if Falkirk had netted a second it would have been game over.

Falkirk under Sheerin did indeed beat us twice but we've actually only lost twice in the 16 league games since then so it's also fair to say that we're a much tougher proposition. As far as I'm concerned, the Bairns get worse every time I see them (I think the original McKinnon team would thump this one) and I don't think Gregory Tade could believe that there was another L1 striker who moves even slower than him. Griffiths looks completely and utterly done, we were just taking the ball off him all game.

Clyde should be moving on from this week and giving Lennon, Cuddihy, Splaine, Cunningham and Livingstone new contracts, before starting to explore if we can get McAllister away from Ayr. In some ways, an awful Dumbarton side rolling over the top of us has sparked us into being a bit better on the ball and I've actually enjoyed big parts of the last three matches; we are still scrapping away but playing a bit better football in the process without Jones getting in the way. Jamieson won't carve out opportunities for himself like Goodwillie did but if we get him chances he'll score. That finish was actually reminiscent of when Griffiths was first coming through, short back-lift to catch out a 'keeper that isn't set. Gary Maley did a decent job and given he's at the tail-end of his career I'm sure he'll be as happy as anyone that we got the equaliser. I actually thought that Gomis had an excellent second half as well.

The disagreement between the two managerial teams probably stems from the fact that Cunningham's original injury came from a Falkirk player committing a classic "taking one for the team" foul which left him in a sling after the Boxing Day game. I thought today's was fairly innocuous. It would be a huge blow if he has to miss a similar period of time.

My thoughts on us for the last 3 years condensed into 2 sentences.

8 hours ago, David W said:

Griffiths swings in a good set piece but our defending at such situations is absolutely criminal, with our centre halves the biggest culprits. Can anyone work out who actually scores the opener? 

I didn't appreciate at the game how good Splaine's ball to Jamieson was. Cracking finish as well. 

The commentator is at it if he thinks either of Rumsbys challenges in the lead up to our equaliser are fouls.

Guest TedCrilly

@David Wsummed the game up perfectly. Griffiths again was absolutely ganting in his general play - his legs look gone. Can we afford to keep him on the park for his delivery at set pieces alone? His delivery is excellent and he’ll certainly provide a good number of assists between now and the end of the season but for me he’s a total passenger and I’m still convinced he won’t score a goal from open play this season. 

Edited by TedCrilly

I had a pretty decent view of the first goal and thought at the game it hit of Page's back and went in. Impossible to tell from that angle on the highlights though. Griffiths set pieces gave us bother all game.

Surprised the Cunnigham chance from the first half wasn't included thought it was pretty much a sitter. The finishing from Falkirk was awful, cost them the game.

Our goal was lovely. Rumsby and Splaine getting stuck in to win the ball. Excellent pass from Splaine and control and finish from Jamieson.

7 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Few things to take from today... 

- Falkirk are fucking honking

- Became an established league 1 side by ending up in our main stand as their massive support isn't quite so massive anymore 

- Griffiths is finished

- Falkirks moral compass is all over the shop. Raging at the idea of signing an accused rapist (not criminally convicted as call Kaye had to keep reminding people), but sign a convicted racist who messaged a 15 year old for nude pictures, where was the rage there? I'm going to assume that messaging wee girls for nudes is acceptable to you lot. 

- Marshmallow the raging Falkirk VL spending yet another Saturday evening Red dotting people, fucking loser of a boy.

- Clyde played well again today, especially in the second half. I did fear for life after Goodie but we have more than enough in the tank to get us over the line at the end of the season then in the close season we regroup and improve across the squad with a more balance budget. 

- Yet again my son can go into his new school in Falkirk and wind his pals up again.

See you next season Falkirk! Mon the part time pub team! 🇾🇪

So you've decided to re-emerge from your cave after making a spectacular fanny of yourself on twitter last week. That was before you set it to private of course. Absolute shitebag.

15 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
15 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:
Griffiths fat wages paying dividends again eh? emoji23.png

No really, but what we save on his wages next season we will put towards taking Murray off yous.

😂 Save on his wages. Good one. Another request for fans to dip into their pockets then? 

Let's come back to this one in a few months eh? 

10 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

From trying to watch the opener back at 0.25x speed, I’m not convinced it’s not actually an own goal from Gomis. It’s VERY hard to tell though as it could either Watson or Page. However, it does make me wish that we had a big dominant defender winning that header in the first place.

In fact, further analysis shows that Watson is nowhere near that! If any Falkirk player is claiming that it should be Dowds but I think it looks like an own goal from the Falkirk TV angle.

The picture in the FFCTV banner is the goal. I know because I took it. This is it cropped tighter & sharpened a little. You can clearly see Gomis making contact with the ball. 

I couldn't see the flight of the ball afterwards because the players were in the way, but from the FFCTV replay the only person who could have touched it after Gomis was your number 18. He may have knocked it into the net from about a yard out, but it was going in anyway so for me it's a Gomis OG. 

Goal Falkirk .jpg