Clyde v Falkirk

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Tremendous input there, thanks.

I’m hopeful that we can get something out of this, think if we set up similar as we have the last two games (with Parry back perhaps), and with big Nick down the right, I think we could do OK. Obviously Falkirk are likely to be a different side to the one we faced on Boxing Day, but going by the result v EF last week, they don’t look insurmountable.

Pretty sure I watched us beat EF 3-1 last week.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

When was the last time Airdrie played Falkirk? Probably then mate.

While we do admirable work on the pantomime villain front I'm afraid we're now more upwardly mobile rather than laughing stock. C+ for effort though and well done for avoiding "Clydebank in disguise". For you at the moment that's a win "mate".

Edited by cb_diamond

Does anyone know if season ticket holders need to buy tickets in advance? I can't find anyway of having the season ticket discount applied.

There is also no way of buying an under 12 ticket as they aren't available on the app/ticket website and the Clyde website has them as only been available to buy with cash on the day of the game.

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I just paid the fiver for my U12, sod queuing up to save a couple quid.  Probably making a mistake, as last time you got in quicker with cash because the scanners didnt work..😡

If need be I'll do the same, just grudge giving our competitors any more money than required, even if it is only a few quid 😃

The mob have had their say on DGW so I'll have mine too.  While I was not a particular fan of the guy and he has undoubtedly done some bad things in the past his general behaviour while at Clyde has been exemplary.  The mob are saying "he wouldn't be anywhere near my kids" and yet before the home game v QP on 22 January he was fist-bumping young fans at the tunnel and posing for selfies with them.  Not the behaviour I'd associate with a monster.  I truly believe Goodwillie is not only a fine player, but a reformed character too.

I thought that given time Raith Rovers and Clyde would have resolved the DGW situation between them.  Unfortunately some clown from NLC has chosen to publish an aggressively-worded letter before Clyde could even respond.  Weak arguments from a coward who can't even put their name to their bile.  It's added unnecessary heat to tomorrow's game. 

If NLC are that moralistic, that outraged, why aren't they evicting Clyde from Broadwood right now?  I know.  It would leave them with an expensive white elephant on their hands.  Before you do anything hasty, please consider some of the good things Clyde FC does like backing the excellent Suicide Prevention charity and running worthy causes like The Clyde Foundation and Clyde Powerchair FC.  Tomorrow we've organised a collection for those affected by the Ukraine crisis.  We're not all bad.

As for tomorrow the goalkeeping position is a concern.  The match preview isn't on the site yet so I don't know if Parry is fit or not.  I thought JB-H did quite well last Saturday but obviously got clobbered near the end.

On a lighter note tomorrow is the twentieth anniversary of one of my favourite Clyde games.  6-1 away to Falkirk at Brockville, midweek in the pissing rain with hat tricks from Carrots and Leigh Hinds.  I don't expect a repeat tomorrow sadly but whatever happens ... a treasured memory.     

4 minutes ago, Scarves said:

The mob have had their say on DGW so I'll have mine too.  While I was not a particular fan of the guy and he has undoubtedly done some bad things in the past his general behaviour while at Clyde has been exemplary.  The mob are saying "he wouldn't be anywhere near my kids" and yet before the home game v QP on 22 January he was fist-bumping young fans at the tunnel and posing for selfies with them.  Not the behaviour I'd associate with a monster.  I truly believe Goodwillie is not only a fine player, but a reformed character too.

I thought that given time Raith Rovers and Clyde would have resolved the DGW situation between them.  Unfortunately some clown from NLC has chosen to publish an aggressively-worded letter before Clyde could even respond.  Weak arguments from a coward who can't even put their name to their bile.  It's added unnecessary heat to tomorrow's game. 

If NLC are that moralistic, that outraged, why aren't they evicting Clyde from Broadwood right now?  I know.  It would leave them with an expensive white elephant on their hands.  Before you do anything hasty, please consider some of the good things Clyde FC does like backing the excellent Suicide Prevention charity and running worthy causes like The Clyde Foundation and Clyde Powerchair FC.  Tomorrow we've organised a collection for those affected by the Ukraine crisis.  We're not all bad.

As for tomorrow the goalkeeping position is a concern.  The match preview isn't on the site yet so I don't know if Parry is fit or not.  I thought JB-H did quite well last Saturday but obviously got clobbered near the end.

On a lighter note tomorrow is the twentieth anniversary of one of my favourite Clyde games.  6-1 away to Falkirk at Brockville, midweek in the pissing rain with hat tricks from Carrots and Leigh Hinds.  I don't expect a repeat tomorrow sadly but whatever happens ... a treasured memory.     

34DE9649-CFC5-4B06-80DF-3BDB19898959.jpeg

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We were very fortunate to win last week all it did was paper over another stinking performance. Still think Clyde could take something from this Goodwillie or not. 

I think we started well and had a few decent individual performers overall but can only say It was better than Peterhead and that's saying fuk all good. 

I said after Saturday a draw or a Clyde win but one can hope last Saturday has increased confidence.

Guest TedCrilly
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

As long as Dixon is sat in the stands we will do ok IMO.

Stop the negativity for crying out loud. Rennie is watching these guys in training, just trust his judgement ffs. COYB.

10 hours ago, Scarves said:

The mob have had their say on DGW so I'll have mine too.  While I was not a particular fan of the guy and he has undoubtedly done some bad things in the past his general behaviour while at Clyde has been exemplary.  

By "some bad things", you mean raped a lassie and shown no remorse?

10 hours ago, Scarves said:

What a guy hasn’t raped anyone while playing for Clyde, a true modern day hero.

11 hours ago, Scarves said:

He is a rapist not a paedo. Not sure what fist bumping youngsters signifies? It's my wife I'd keep him away from not my weans. The guy is a fucking w****r and has been all his life. Hasn't shown his face in Stirling for over a decade for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

For a lot of our posters, negative is their default setting however to be fair to BPM I don’t think his comment was overly negative there.

Says the man who every week on the predictions thread predicts Falkirk to lose.😋

Are you being negative or a realist then?

28 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He is a rapist not a paedo. 

Better tell your fans that were chanting "paedo, paedo" at the first meeting this season that then. 

He's also played numerous times in Stirling for us in the past 10 years. Do you mean in a night out sense?

Edited by CM.