Clyde v Falkirk

Don’t think the football will distract from the obvious but after 2 decent draws away from home, we need to take something from this. 

Dumbarton, Peterhead and Alloa all playing teams in the top 4, could be a chance to pull away. 

Following the January window what are the thoughts on the Falkirk team? Better than before?

I thought they were poor in our game against them on Boxing Day but see they’ve brought in quite a few players. The most notable being Griffiths, how has he been so far?

Worth noting that you need to buy a ticket for this game in advance online. Normally you can buy on the day at broadwood but for this match that is not the case. 

MR has pointed to back to back wins as the next milestone. Hasn’t happened since early in the season. We shall see. 

Clyde are currently below us, so that gives us some hope. The last game at TFS was MR’s first gig,…….we lost. If that happens again on Saturday, and QP pick up anything at all, then expect the “poisoned chalice” conversations to be rolled out…….I have no confidence in us winning, I have some hope that we won’t lose. A draw seems the most likely outcome.

49 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Following the January window what are the thoughts on the Falkirk team? Better than before?

I thought they were poor in our game against them on Boxing Day but see they’ve brought in quite a few players. The most notable being Griffiths, how has he been so far?

Worth noting that you need to buy a ticket for this game in advance online. Normally you can buy on the day at broadwood but for this match that is not the case. 

Obviously it's from the outside looking in and their results haven't been brilliant but on paper they look much better than pre-January with players like Watson, Jacobs, Griffiths, Kabia and the return of Dowds. 

Reckon same team as last week for us, unless Docherty's back then probably him starting with Livingstone at LM and Love up front and one of Cunningham/Jamieson on the bench. Can't see Goodwillie starting anyway given he's not played or probably trained in weeks bar a 20 min cameo in that complete waste of time Glasgow Cup the other night.

I'll go for another draw.

The squad has certainly improved on paper but Rennie has struggled to get them playing with much cohesion so far. We had been repeatedly playing 3-5-2 in games which hadn't been working, before trying both 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 in the game on Saturday so it will be interesting to see how we actually line up. We've also been insisting on playing out from the back which has been hilarious to watch.

Coupled with the fact that despite the number of new signings we are still woefully short of quality in the middle of the park and have very little pace in the side (Morrison and Kabia injured at the moment) hence we've still laboured badly against pretty much everyone. So you'll still see some of the jobbers from the Sheerin era with Miller or Hetherington pretty much guaranteed so start and we'll probably have to suffer McKay as well if he's back from suspension.

We do seem to have stopped conceding as many goals from set pieces and are more of a danger to scoring from them ourselves, but as above there are still plenty of deficiencies in our open play.

Vital we pick up 3 points here both in the race for the play-offs and also to underline the fact that we are making some sort of improvement under Rennie and get a bit of confidence into the players. Hopefully the rapist is severely lacking match sharpness otherwise he'll probably have his usual field day against us 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

59 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Never wanted Falkirk to win a game of football until now. Hope we get absolutely horsed. At least if we get relegated all the way down and cease to exist the club can't embarrass itself any further.

A while since I’ve seen a meltdown like this. 

58 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Never wanted Falkirk to win a game of football until now. Hope we get absolutely horsed. At least if we get relegated all the way down and cease to exist the club can't embarrass itself any further.

We don't need to take everything to extremes like this.   I agree the Club have made the wrong decision but there's no need to go that far.  The club has existed for 140-odd years and will continue long past this furore as long as the fans get a grip and stop seeing people with a different view as enemies.

Having said that, I don't expect anything from the game (other than some negative headlines and much comment on the fans reactions to one player, if he even plays).

I actually think we stand a decent chance here. East Fife looked from the highlights as though they could've, with a bit of luck, nicked a win over Falkirk last week. As has been said, Rennie is yet to string two wins together in his spell in charge and he's even started deviating from what seemed like the formation he was keen to implement and stick with. If we field Cunningham and Jamieson up top then I expect their pace and directness to cause a pretty fragile defence some bother. I'd still make Falkirk favourites obviously but I wouldn't be surprised to see us take something from the game.

1 hour ago, CM. said:

Reckon same team as last week for us, unless Docherty's back then probably him starting with Livingstone at LM and Love up front and one of Cunningham/Jamieson on the bench. 

I think it’s important we keep Cunningham & Jamieson in the starting team. The pace & energy they bring is crucial. Only change for me would be to bring Elsdon back into the side. 

Parry back in goals as well hopefully. Docherty can replace Love if he is back, with Livingstone moving forward.

Elsdon for Rumsby is an absolute necessity; Dowds will spend the whole game rolling past him.

Am I reading the pre match info correctly in that we will be housed in the home end?

Also does anyone know if the ticket office accepts card on matchday? For whatever reason clyde wont let me purchase an u12 ticket online when purchasing mine and my other kids tickets. I really dont understand why clyde want to make things unnecessarily difficult.

We're trying for an emergency goally  loan I believe.

See we are gonna shoehorn the Bairns into the home stand on Saturday...should be cozy.  

I know Falkirk are a little inconsistent, but have no idea where our collective head will be.  

My prediction is either a Home or Away win unless it's a draw.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo I meant goally but said globally

Tremendous input there, thanks.

I’m hopeful that we can get something out of this, think if we set up similar as we have the last two games (with Parry back perhaps), and with big Nick down the right, I think we could do OK. Obviously Falkirk are likely to be a different side to the one we faced on Boxing Day, but going by the result v EF last week, they don’t look insurmountable.

Guest TedCrilly
49 minutes ago, Adam said:

Obviously Falkirk are likely to be a different side to the one we faced on Boxing Day, but going by the result v EF last week, they don’t look insurmountable.

Don’t worry, we won’t be much different from Boxing Day. We’re a kick and run outfit hoping our forward players do the business and play on second balls in the final third. Couldn’t call this as I see both teams pretty evenly matched.

When was the last time Falkirk went into a league match not in the position of pantomime villains/laughing stock? Must be a refreshing change for them for once!

When was the last time Airdrie played Falkirk? Probably then mate.