Cove v Peterhead

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Is there PATG here? Last time I was there was pre-covid.

You can buy a ticket at the ticket office (hatch in the wall) which is right next to the away end turnstiles. Just trying to find the link for online tickets

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

When we were there recently it was online tickets but I have a feeling you could also PATG but it could be slow? Take a point at least please!

Will try our best, got absolutely murdered last time in there but have been hard done by a couple times against them either by referees or fluke goals. We need to work closing them down & hope for a break in front of goal. Cove will have the advantage of not having played 90 minutes on a bog on Tuesday night.

Guest Bluetoon

Absolutely pumped last time at Cove 3-0 and could have easily been a lot more. 5 goals against, none score in the 3 league games against them this season is such a poor record. If you include the 2 matches last season, it's 8 conceded, none scored. Been better in recent weeks but maybe the fact this will be the 5th game in 14 days will be a factor.

When we were there recently it was online tickets but I have a feeling you could also PATG but it could be slow? Take a point at least please!

Could be slow is being generous. It is easily the worst PATG I have ever come across. Hopefully we can do Airdrie and ourselves a favour by taking at least a point.

Cove coming into Saturday after a disappointing 1-0 semi final cup loss to Queen of the South. A game which we dominated possession and territory for large spells but didn't create enough and weren't ruthless enough when we had chances. This has happened, in spells, over the last 5 league games and has cost us points. We have the players to create and score the chances but hasn't worked out.

I feel it's coming and momentum will return. Hope it starts on Saturday as this and the following week are big games for us. We need points on the board going into the following 4 games.

Who knows what's happened to Shay and if he'll appear on Saturday. He's been out 7 weeks and not a peep from the club to tell us what the injury is, is he training, when he'll be back. I was planning on arranging a search party, chapping on his door or seeing if he'll do my bathroom to ensure he's still alive! BIG player for us not only as an accomplished RWB but as it means Scott Ross can go back to CH or Blair can get back in CM.

Harry returns after his cup suspension. He'll be a very welcome return being one of, if not our best player. Certainly up there with Mitch, Rory and Blair.

Looking forward to seeing Peterhead play as well. In particular Ryan Duncan if fit?, Savoury, Ritchie and Scott Brown.

Hoping for a big crowd, nice to think we'd get close to 1000. Peterhead normally come down in numbers and with the Dons languishing, being away to Rangers where a hiding is likely, we might get a few neutrals.

Guest Bluetoon
15 hours ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Will probably be another hiding but should be a good day out. A good laugh if nothing else. Hopefully we take a decent crowd down

A goal would be nice 😂

42 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

A goal would be nice 😂

It sticks in the throat of how well Cove Rangers have progressed over the last few seasons and are likely to be promoted to the Championship. Meanwhile we seem to have stagnated and have hovered around the bottom of Division 1 for a few seasons and seem to be making no progress whatsoever, with Division2 becoming a reality - back where we started 20 odd years ago.

Convincing 5-2 win today. The early goal perhaps forced Peterhead into a much more open game than they wanted.

Harry Milne was exceptional and unplayable down the left side. Driving run made the pen, scored 2 and an assist.

Mitch and Rory linked up well and caused problems to the Peterhead back line.

Hamish Ritchie, Andrew McCarthy and Grant Savoury played well for the away side.

Guest Bluetoon
7 hours ago, Balmoor Boy said:

It sticks in the throat of how well Cove Rangers have progressed over the last few seasons and are likely to be promoted to the Championship. Meanwhile we seem to have stagnated and have hovered around the bottom of Division 1 for a few seasons and seem to be making no progress whatsoever, with Division2 becoming a reality - back where we started 20 odd years ago.

Whole heartedly agree. Jim has been too comfortable in recent years and I think the chairman must be scared of him or something. Likely to lose Si Ferry as a coach in the summer, so we'll probably have to put up with McInally for another season. He won't get the sack and he won't leave.

28 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

Whole heartedly agree. Jim has been too comfortable in recent years and I think the chairman must be scared of him or something. Likely to lose Si Ferry as a coach in the summer, so we'll probably have to put up with McInally for another season. He won't get the sack and he won't leave.

I remember not too long ago that we had ambitions to emulate Ross County and move up through the leagues and build a new Soccer Academy indoor facility. Those plans seem to have fallen by the wayside and we are in a constant struggle to avoid slipping back into Division 2. Fresh eyes and ideas are needed urgently before we go the same way as Brechin City.