Motherwell vs Dundee - 5/3/2022

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Fair play to Dundee for putting out a team that weakened and getting a point away from home.

For us not beating that covid ravaged weakened bottom of the league Dundee team at home with a full squad to choose from is the biggest minter of the season so far. 

We are absolutely appalling. 

You messed up the you know whats last week !

Fair play to Dundee, to go away from home with a covid ravaged squad and pick up what could prove to be a very valuable point is a decent days work.

As for us, with a pretty full complement to choose from that was another absolute shitshow, truly horrific stuff week after week. Alexander can go and have  long hard f**k to himself, that's not football or entertainment on any level. Keep subjecting myself to it purely because I have a season ticket, if I didn't I'd have chucked it weeks ago.

Edited by 'WellDel

I am firmly in the happy clappy camp and not ashamed to admit it. On Wednesday I thought we were unlucky. Certainly did not deserve to lose and not impressed with a Ross County side that the media are jizzing over at the moment.

A dodgy penalty which was little different to the rugby tackle on Woolery that did not even result in a foul. Sums up our referees in those two moments. You genuinely don’t know what they are going to do.

My point is that I am also having severe reservations about the current set up and tactics. I say tactics but even I can say to the goalie or defenders to punt it as far up the park to no-one as often as you can 🤷‍♂️. Is the difference down to Tony Watt leaving ? 

As for Dundee. Would rather they stayed up. They performed well enough with the issues they had, but I was saying to my friend I was surprised they did not attack more. They will genuinely not have as good a chance to get 3 points against an insipid Motherwell whose fans were booing and on their back for most of the game. 

As for Dundee. Would rather they stayed up. They performed well enough with the issues they had, but I was saying to my friend I was surprised they did not attack more. They will genuinely not have as good a chance to get 3 points against an insipid Motherwell whose fans were booing and on their back for most of the game. 

Appreciate your comment re is staying up but wrt is attacking.

10 players out, a young goalkeeper making his debut, Ashcroft’s first game after having been out injured for months, no strikers resulting in McDaid, who has been out of the picture, on loan etc, for months starting through the middle - another first. The never before seen Chapman making his debut off the bench.
I was surprised we attacked so much in the first 70 minutes.

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Great finish tbf. Although he is helped by the absolutely rancid defending from SOD.

The take down out of the air is impressive too but clear the ball.  Later on Woolery could have played the ball up the line out of danger but he took another touch and got closed down.  Are we trying to play too much football? (Not serious).

How was the young lad in goal? Would anyone say he looked.... Sharp?

Didn't make it through for the game and having only seen the highlights it looks as though he could've done a wee bit better for the goal but did the job other than that? 

I've suggested it on here before, and I know that he was only playing due to injuries/covid, but I'd like to stick with him for a a few more games to see if he's got anything about him. Personally I think we're done for this season so it would be nice to see if he could be a potential long-term solution to the current dog shit goalkeeping options we have. 

2 hours ago, EH6 DEE said:

How was the young lad in goal? Would anyone say he looked.... Sharp?

Didn't make it through for the game and having only seen the highlights it looks as though he could've done a wee bit better for the goal but did the job other than that? 

I've suggested it on here before, and I know that he was only playing due to injuries/covid, but I'd like to stick with him for a a few more games to see if he's got anything about him. Personally I think we're done for this season so it would be nice to see if he could be a potential long-term solution to the current dog shit goalkeeping options we have. 

Did well I thought, had a great one handed save near the end, that was going in.

Thank you.