Motherwell vs Dundee - 5/3/2022

Fair play to Dundee for putting out a team that weakened and getting a point away from home.

For us not beating that covid ravaged weakened bottom of the league Dundee team at home with a full squad to choose from is the biggest minter of the season so far. 

We are absolutely appalling. 

Battling performance. Marshall at fault for the mistake that led to the goal. Daley-Campbell is a powerful young lad but pretty raw. Cammy/Sweeney/Ashcroft battled for everything. Thought, again, Byrne disappointed. McMullen is a cracking wee player and if he could repeat today’s feet more often he’d be the real deal. The long awaited Chapman appearance didn’t really excite. Special mention to McDaid, so harshly criticised by me (and others) - did a great job today and ran himself into the ground. Young keeper stood up bravely to the challenge but obviously won’t be in goal when the more experienced keepers are fit and well.
Motherwell - before we started sitting in were no better than us and against our tiring makeshift outfit never really threatened.

It's not surprising that we looked instantly better when Slattery came on. Having a midfielder who actually wants the ball and looks to pass inside rather than boot it long makes all the difference.

Donnelly can get to f**k in all honesty

It's not surprising that we looked instantly better when Slattery came on. Having a midfielder who actually wants the ball and looks to pass inside rather than boot it long makes all the difference.
Donnelly can get to f**k in all honesty
As soon as Slattery and Tierney came on we had both a midfielder looking to get on the ball and play it forward and to feet, and someone looking to get into spaces and looking for the ball to feet. No coincidence we were so much better when we tried to play some football.

Mental that he didn't change that earlier, especially in a game we needed to win.

Trying to look at the positives. Thought we improved after the subs came on. It’s grim it really is but with a different manager I think there’s some decent players hiding in there. 

Im sure Alexander will stay for a bit yet but he’s doing everything to resemble a man crumbling under pressure atm. 

Just now, Londonwell said:

Trying to look at the positives. Thought we improved after the subs came on. It’s grim it really is but with a different manager I think there’s some decent players hiding in there. 

We're a vastly better team than what we're being served weekly, imo.

4 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

As soon as Slattery and Tierney came on we had both a midfielder looking to get on the ball and play it forward and to feet, and someone looking to get into spaces and looking for the ball to feet. No coincidence we were so much better when we tried to play some football.

Mental that he didn't change that earlier, especially in a game we needed to win.

So why are they not starting? It’s beyond inexplicable. 

Stubbornness or arrogance from Alexander? Either way it has to change as it’s killing our chances of picking up points.

Yep. Meaning neither of them will start the next game.

Alexander is a complete fud and needs to go one way or another.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Yep. Meaning neither of them will start the next game.

Alexander is a complete fud and needs to go one way or another.

I know you have had your profile pic for a while, are you waiting on big Mark McGhee to return next season to replace Alexander?

He is near 1000 games in charge, ye know.

Alexander hasn't got a clue.

He watched Dundee make a sub and get on top (we were lucky not to concede) but sat there with his thumb up his arse. Fucks knows what he and Lucketti were talking about. 10 minutes of vague pointing at nothing.

Pulls O'Hara when he was clearly the only midfielder performing today.

Goes back to the horrific tactics of stringing the front 3 across the whole park. I understand wanting to isolate Woolery on Kerr but sticking Efford out on the other wing makes no sense. not only does he have no ability it gives the Dundee centre backs an easy time keeping Van Veen out the game. When we had Tony Watt we never played 2 forwards exclusively wide. Formations don't have to be symmetrical.

Also just pull Efford after about 65 minutes. You have other options and Efford was doing nothing worth keeping him on the park over giving Roberts a run out.

P.S. f**k Stephen O'Donnell.

35 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Now firmly in the Alexander must go camp. 

Yep, I wasn’t even in it yet after the County game but count me in now too. The County game set the foundations for me and seeing Mark O’Hara who wasn’t having a bad game at all sacrificed instead of Donnelly has me in. 
Paying off Alexander wasn’t exactly how we planned on using our profits from the last year I guess but I think it has to happen. That was fucking rank and can’t continue.

Playing this god awful hoofball while having our three strikers as far from each other as possible isn’t going to cut it anymore.

Also someone could maybe give SoD a shout to look at his jersey every now and then, might remind him which ones he’s supposed to aim at. Even as far as punts up the park go, his were particularly rotten.

The (very) short spell of play in the run up to the equaliser at Ibrox gives me some comfort that there’s a team there with talent, that can press, pass to one another, and create chances.

Alexander must have been raging with it.