Motherwell vs Dundee - 5/3/2022

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

In an effort to replicate Graham Alexander's thought process I've used Google's random number generator to choose 10 players between 2-32 based on squad numbers. I can confidently predict Saturday's lineup will be;

Kelly

Nirennold Solholm Carroll

Amaluzor Cornelius O'Hara Shaw Woolery 

Tierney 

Van Veen 

... don't hate this??

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

In an effort to replicate Graham Alexander's thought process I've used Google's random number generator to choose 10 players between 2-32 based on squad numbers. I can confidently predict Saturday's lineup will be;

Kelly

Nirennold Solholm Carroll

Amaluzor Cornelius O'Hara Shaw Woolery 

Tierney 

Van Veen 

Disappointed that you have selected Kelly for goals now that we have seen what he can do up front.

Bevis and Liam is the partnership we want to see.

Think Dundee are a bit less clueless away from home as they don't have to try create much. Sort of game with an old manager coming back where we might get a win before reverting to normal again after offering a little bit of hope.

On another note, what's the deal with that PCA for the Motherwell centre back? aren't these thing normally announced if the deal goes through? Don't remember seeing anything official.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

10 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Think Dundee are a bit less clueless away from home as they don't have to try create much. Sort of game with an old manager coming back where we might get a win before reverting to normal again after offering a little bit of hope.

On another note, what's the deal with that PCA for the Motherwell centre back? aren't these thing normally announced if the deal goes through? Don't remember seeing anything official.

I think it's signed already. There was a bid to sign him in January but we knocked it back because it was so low. Which is mental because actually I'd now be chuffed if Lamie was sticking about. 

I reckon we can deem this game a must win for Grezza. If he doesn't then the pressure on him will skyrocket. The mental bit is I actually wouldn't rule out that team @YassinMoutaouakil picked out a raffle. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I reckon we can deem this game a must win for Grezza. If he doesn't then the pressure on him will skyrocket. The mental bit is I actually wouldn't rule out that team @YassinMoutaouakil picked out a raffle. 

Could be a decent marketing opportunity for the club I reckon.  Sell mini lottery sets in the club shop as a Build your own Graham Alexander starting 11.

If Lamie plays and has a man of the match performance including heading the winner my assumption is that Dundee fans say, we have a good player there he will add to our squad next season, rather than turn against him as a traitor to his future employers?

An alternative is that he knows his future may be better if Dundee get the points and his challenges are less than robust, this gets noticed by the ‘Well fans, bridges are burned and he falls out of the match day squad for the rest of the season.

So do we play him?

5 hours ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Given the nature of PCA's - I would be very surprised if Lamie didn't have an escape clause in the event that Dundee go down in May. If that were the case, he would likely have an offer on the table from us as his get out of jail/greenock card - which may explain why he's still firmly in the team at the moment when other PCA types have been hunted. /baseless speculation.

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Or we play a much weakend Dundee side and still lose.

If we think things are a bit sour now, I think we're looking at an exponential increase in sourness if we lose to the bottom side's reserves managed by Mark McGhee.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

If we lose to a weakened weak Dundee side then I’ll be fully behind Alexander out.

Depends how weakened. Let’s be honest if 5/6/7 of our team that started v Ross County were out with Covid you could make a strong case that the replacements would be just as good / bad 🤷‍♂️.

I read Charlie Adam went off v Hibernian and likely to miss the game regardless of Covid. I just remember the last game at Fir Park when Dundee were well on top until he went off. So would b quite happy if that were true.