Certainly becoming closer to a case the bottom 2 been decided and just a case of who gets the chance to save themselves in the play offs. Those in 8th or above are going to need to go on a very poor run and at least one of us to go on a very good run for them to be caught. Morton downwards will want a few more points to feel safe but it is only a few and plenty of time for them to get them.

Given how dogshite the league is, I'd suggest that the bottom two are nailed on now - as those few extra points are inevitably going to arrive from any random weekly source. 

8 points is a much larger gap than it would be, if teams above were getting pumped every week.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Given how dogshite the league is, I'd suggest that the bottom two are nailed on now - as those few extra points are inevitably going to arrive from any random weekly source. 

8 points is a much larger gap than it would be, if teams above were getting pumped every week.

Mostly agreed,  if someone else is going to drop into the bottom 2 they are going to need to be pumped most weeks for the rest of the season, and even then they might get enough points.   Only thing leaving them potentially vulnerable is that these clubs have shown the can go through those shite spells, all be it under different managers.

Edited by parsforlife

Looking like 4 separate leagues for the run in barring an amazing run or total collapse by a team. 

1-3 (Kilmarnock vs Arbroath vs Partick Thistle) straight fight for the title, Killie should be favourites with their January spending. 

4-5 (ICT vs Raith) both have been on shocking runs but won yesterday so whoever comes out their slump gets 4th. Can’t see Morton, Ayr or Accies catching either unless one goes on a great run but even then ICT or Raith should shitfest a few more points to hold on. ICT probably get 4th after their thumping of Arbroath.  

6-8 (Morton vs Ayr vs Hamilton) all look to be safe barring a collapse and a great run by Pars or Queens.  As above small chance of catching 5th due to games running out and the size of the gap. Nothing much between the teams. 

9-10 (Queen of the South vs Dunfermline) looks pretty much decided for the bottom two after both failed to win today. The gap looks too big with only 7 left to play straight shoot out for a chance at the playoffs. Can’t really call this one will probably depend on who has the easier run in. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Results were okay for us today. If we can get a point next week against Arbroath I’ll be pleased.

In an ideal world we’re be just safe enough before we play Dunfermline and QOS in consecutive weeks. Could really do with Morton and Killie beating them next week.

Two A*rshire wins please.

Despite wins yesterday it's feasible enough to see one of Raith and ICT being shite for the rest of the season and ending up 6th or 7th. It would take a ridiculous turn of events for them both to collapse badly enough to let one of Morton/Hamilton/Ayr into fourth though. You'd need them both winning no more than once for the rest of the season while one of those teams wins 4 or 5 of their remaining 7 games - that's not happening.

If we had won on Friday night I think we could’ve maybe used that as momentum to challenge for top 4 but realistically our squad is no where near good enough and I’d be happy with 7th or 8th now.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we had won on Friday night I think we could’ve maybe used that as momentum to challenge for top 4 but realistically our squad is no where near good enough and I’d be happy with 7th or 8th now.

Your turn will come. With the beginnings of an infrastructure build in place it may take a few years. But I would think given a bit of luck and Mathie and Bullen making the correct decisions playing the derby in the Premier league could happen. Best of luck.

Your turn will come. With the beginnings of an infrastructure build in place it may take a few years. But I would think given a bit of luck and Mathie and Bullen making the correct decisions playing the derby in the Premier league could happen. Best of luck.

We’ve given ourselves a better chance by getting Mathie in and that’s great but we need to hope that Bullen is the right choice as well. Staying up without a lot of fuss would be a start but next season will tell us a lot more.

12 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Looking like 4 separate leagues for the run in barring an amazing run or total collapse by a team. 

1-3 (Kilmarnock vs Arbroath vs Partick Thistle) straight fight for the title, Killie should be favourites with their January spending. 

4-5 (ICT vs Raith) both have been on shocking runs but won yesterday so whoever comes out their slump gets 4th. Can’t see Morton, Ayr or Accies catching either unless one goes on a great run but even then ICT or Raith should shitfest a few more points to hold on. ICT probably get 4th after their thumping of Arbroath.  

6-8 (Morton vs Ayr vs Hamilton) all look to be safe barring a collapse and a great run by Pars or Queens.  As above small chance of catching 5th due to games running out and the size of the gap. Nothing much between the teams. 

9-10 (Queen of the South vs Dunfermline) looks pretty much decided for the bottom two after both failed to win today. The gap looks too big with only 7 left to play straight shoot out for a chance at the playoffs. Can’t really call this one will probably depend on who has the easier run in. 

If Nicky Low can stay fit and play every game, think 2nd is the worst we will finish, thus avoiding the 1st playoff round

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We can speak from experience that momentum from the end of one season can give you a boost for the following one provided you keep a bit of continuity in the side.

I would say the team that ends up in 9th place would win the relegation playoff's

Unless the League 1 team hits a bit of luck the standard isn't as good as the Championship.

We did it lat year, and they were nerve racking  to be involved in however...