1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
On 06/03/2022 at 08:35, diegomarahenry said:
I think one of the current bottom 6 will make the promotion play-offs at the expense of Raith or Inverness. I think Arbroath will win the league.
At the bottom end, I can see one of the new managers hitting a poor run after an initial “bounce” and taking their team down. But I don’t think Dunfermline will go straight down. I think Hughes will keep Dunfermline up via the playoffs and then quit.

Out of interest why do you think Yogi would jack it in?

Seems to be his way, achieves something then chucks it. 

19 hours ago, eez-eh said:

You’d think they could wait before deciding what game to show that night,

The BBC deal only allows for 2 home games for each club to be televised live, so their hands are tied as to the fixtures they cover.

51 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The BBC deal only allows for 2 home games for each club to be televised live, so their hands are tied as to the fixtures they cover.

That made a lot more sense when games were all being streamed so teams were missing out on PPV equally - should be a bit more flexibility added now.

I'm torn on the whole bbc offering.

On the one hand, its great exposure for the league and some of the games have been really good. Also gives fans an excuse to get pished on  a Fri night. On the other hand,  i keep hearing the deal itself is worth peanuts and clubs generally make a loss on their TV games as some homes fans will stay in the house and watch it and many away fans wont bother travelling cross country on a Fri night through rush hour traffic etc.

Killie having 8 of their 18 away games on a Fri night is nuts, albeit amusing.

Does anyone know how much each club actually makes from it?

What i think would be good is a highlights package of the Championship. Have its own half hour show like Sportscene on a Sun night on the BBC Scotland channel. Couple of players or managers in the studio. Failing that, even just add 10-15 mins onto Sportscene and cover them then.

Edited by madton

1 hour ago, madton said:

On the one hand, its great exposure for the league and some of the games have been really good. Also gives fans an excuse to get pished on  a Fri night. On the other hand,  i keep hearing the deal itself is worth peanuts and clubs generally make a loss on their TV games as some homes fans will stay in the house and watch it and many away fans wont bother travelling cross country on a Fri night through rush hour traffic etc.

What i think would be good is a highlights package of the Championship. Have its own half hour show like Sportscene on a Sun night on the BBC Scotland channel. Couple of players or managers in the studio. Failing that, even just add 10-15 mins onto Sportscene and cover them then.

The BBC used to add "selected" lower league fixtures to Sportscene between 2012 and 2016, but they seem to have mysteriously dried up since then. Can't think why. 🤔

1 hour ago, madton said:

This was a thing about 15-20 years ago.

4 hours ago, madton said:

I'm not sure they get anything specifically for a game being on. Pretty sure it all goes into the pot with the Sky deal and all other sponsorships to be paid out as prize money.

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I really can't see us finishing higher than 9th. Almost resigned to relegation now. What a time to be alive.

You contrived to finish 7th in the league below with an actual full-time squad in 2015, so this is arguably a high point in Dunfermline's recent history. 

4 hours ago, madton said:

There'll be no highlights package due to lack of 'viewer demand', yet the BBC will produce a highlights package for the SWPL that nobody watches live in the first place. 

My opinion on whether we go down changes with every passing week. Hopefully that’s the end of QOS new manager bounce and they can sink like a stone. I think it could go right to the wire though.

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

My opinion on whether we go down changes with every passing week. Hopefully that’s the end of QOS new manager bounce and they can sink like a stone. I think it could go right to the wire though.

By 10.00 o'clock on Friday your team will be back in the mix. We are aware that your previous win against the big club in Ayrshire achieves your biggest aspiration for the season. You have enjoyed the gloating which you have waited a long long time for. Time to take a deep breath and accept your place in the chain.

On 08/03/2022 at 16:56, Fuctifano said:

They have to have everyone playing 2 home games as part of the deal, Arbroath have already been on twice at Gayfield (both vs Killie) . Full list of the games below. 

Would make sense for there to be a 21st game which could be flexed on the last day. 

20220308_154322.jpg

was thistle pumping hamilton not also live , sure i watched it live , maybe not.......🤔

18 hours ago, madton said:

Pretty much my thoughts. The coverage isn't great either. Pundits who seem to be outwith their comfort zone at times trying to talk about clubs that they aren't that familiar with and haven't bothered to read up on.

For some reason I have it in my head that the deal is worth only a few thousand to each club. I think the money from the deal goes into a big SPFL pot and is then divided out amongst all the teams in the league? :unsure: 

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Pretty much my thoughts. The coverage isn't great either. Pundits who seem to be outwith their comfort zone at times trying to talk about clubs that they aren't that familiar with and haven't bothered to read up on.

For some reason I have it in my head that the deal is worth only a few thousand to each club. I think the money from the deal goes into a big SPFL pot and is then divided out amongst all the teams in the league? :unsure: 

Indeed, I mean what the fuck does Chris Iwelumo or Leanne Crichton know about The Caley or Raith Rovers?  How hard can it be to get players or ex players who have recently played for or against these sided.

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed, I mean what the f**k does Chris Iwelumo or Leanne Crichton know about The Caley or Raith Rovers?  How hard can it be to get players or ex players who have recently played for or against these sided.

Harsh on Leanne imo, she always seems to have a decent knowledge of club form, players, etc and doesn't sound too  condescending, probably the best of the pundits doing Championship games.