This weekend has settled nearly everything then.

We know who's going up as champions and we effectively know the composition and order of those in the promotion play-off places.

We also know who is getting relegated in bottom place.

The one significant unknown is 9th place, for who might join them.

It's funny, given how tight it's been, that there's not much left to decide on the last day.

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

You're right, but the point our Texan friend was making is that Thistle are not guaranteed to be in the play-offs, as was mentioned by the previous poster.

However unlikely it is (and your 1 in 1000 seems about right) it is still mathematically possible for Raith to get 4th place.  But aye, it's never going to happen.

He was being pedantic.

Rovers *could* lose 10-0 on Friday but it's not going to happen so it's not discussed.

49 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I'd actually be a lot more accepting of being in the play-offs but it didn't mean another trip to Firhill.

That pitch is a total disgrace and even if we won you know it's going to be an abysmal game of football.

I don’t disagree in general, but the surface yesterday was much, much better than it’s been since about January. The sun these last few weeks seems to have helped a lot.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I don’t disagree in general, but the surface yesterday was much, much better than it’s been since about January. The sun these last few weeks seems to have helped a lot.

That boggles the mind tbh.

Wonderful that it will now get used across two play-off campaigns as well!

For the playoffs how do things work for the gates- for instance does the home team keep the gate? I’ve heard it mentioned previously that the gates are split 50-50 and elsewhere that the home team keeps half the gate but that the SPFL keeps the other half?

for any games on television or the radio- do the clubs get a fee or does it just go straight to the SPFL?

Thanks 

57 minutes ago, third lanark said:

For the playoffs how do things work for the gates- for instance does the home team keep the gate? I’ve heard it mentioned previously that the gates are split 50-50 and elsewhere that the home team keeps half the gate but that the SPFL keeps the other half?

for any games on television or the radio- do the clubs get a fee or does it just go straight to the SPFL?

Thanks 

From what I can gather all TV money goes into an overall pot and then gets divided up between all SPFL clubs on a sliding scale.

There was a post on the pecentage split of gate money between SPFL, home and away teams on another thread, thou not sure if it's acurate or not.

Edited by C4mmy31

All TV money(whether BBC Scotland Championship deal or the Sky Premiership telly deal) goes into a centralised pot and is distributed on finishing position - Championship clubs probably win in this regard as they get more money guaranteed based on finishing position for the inconvenience of two Friday night games. 

For the Premiership play-offs, each team keeps their home gates and the SPFL take 50% of the profits, after a 15% cost expense is deducted - I believe it helps to partially fund the parachute payments from Premiership to Championship for relegated teams. There are also minimum prices that were introduced after Rangers charged everyone a 5er for their play-off v Motherwell.

Happy final day of the season everybody 👋🏼

Other than Arbroath's heroics, I don't think it's one that will live long in the collective memory banks.

I would say we may all see some last-day drama but most folk won't because the BBC are showing the completely meaningless Raith vs Killie game instead of Ayr vs Thistle.

Hoping the Pars can avoid the play-offs but I feel Ayr will get the job done tonight.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Happy final day of the season everybody 👋🏼

Other than Arbroath's heroics, I don't think it's one that will live long in the collective memory banks.

I would say we may all see some last-day drama but most folk won't because the BBC are showing the completely meaningless Raith vs Killie game instead of Ayr vs Thistle.

Hoping the Pars can avoid the play-offs but I feel Ayr will get the job done tonight.

I'm not so sure. Raith signing a rapist, defending signing a rapist, backing down, then the owner saying he considered folding the club will live in memories for quite a while I'd imagine.

On the pitch you're probably correct however.

Yeah this season has been shite. Get rid of it.
Aye, its been fucking pish.

Nah. Even having suffered relegation this season has still been much better than the previous two streaming seasons.

This has definitely been one of the longest seasons I can remember although I’m not sure if it’s because the last two seasons were either cut short or played with reduced games. Either way it’s been a fucking slog and I can’t wait to see the back of it. Hopefully this is our last game for a couple of months and we don’t have to go through the rigmarole of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

shite season .hope this is the last game for us tonight .think we can all agree the killie crowdwanking has been the worst thing about this season .

Worse than Raith signing a rapist?