19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Got to love the Daily Record:

The SPFL have confirmed Dunfermlinepossess a crucial advantage over Ayr United as they go into the last two games of the season neck and neck in their relegation battle. 

Reporter reading the rules counts as the SPFL "confirming" 😂

Who is Daire O Connor? Another centre back that slipped through the cracks?!

The SPFL have confirmed Dunfermlinepossess a crucial advantage over Ayr United as they go into the last two games of the season neck and neck in their relegation battle. 

Reporter reading the rules counts as the SPFL "confirming" [emoji23]

Thank f**k for the DR telling us what we already knew last week.

I’ll never understand how rags manage to get players names wrong. A quick google or look on Twitter would tell you exactly who it is.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Reporter reading the rules counts as the SPFL "confirming" 😂

I write a "Weekend in Numbers" column for the SPFL every week where I focus on 5 games from the weekend and pick out some key facts and figures from each (eg "Team X are now unbeaten in 10 matches against Team Y"). In the one that went up on their website yesterday I covered the Dunfermline game and said that the result had put them above Ayr in the table as a result of their better head-to-head.

That's probably where the Record article has got their idea of the SPFL "confirming" it - not some official statement, but just some dafty sitting in his house writing a column for their website. I could have said Dunfermline were ahead of Ayr because they had more letters in their name and the record would probably have published that as official confirmation too.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I SPFL every week where I focus on 5 games from the weekend and pick out some key facts and figures from each

I really like that, think it gives a nice round up of the weekends big news.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I write a "Weekend in Numbers" column for the SPFL every week where I focus on 5 games from the weekend and pick out some key facts and figures from each (eg "Team X are now unbeaten in 10 matches against Team Y"). In the one that went up on their website yesterday I covered the Dunfermline game and said that the result had put them above Ayr in the table as a result of their better head-to-head.

That's probably where the Record article has got their idea of the SPFL "confirming" it - not some official statement, but just some dafty sitting in his house writing a column for their website. I could have said Dunfermline were ahead of Ayr because they had more letters in their name and the record would probably have published that as official confirmation too.

Didn't realise you wrote that - it's good weekly content.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You'll know who wrote it on Monday if we win the league and it's 40000 words.

We will also know if Arbroath win and its one word. Bugger. 

On 16/04/2022 at 21:12, stevoraith said:

It feels really wrong to contradict someone who has created such an exceptional model in excel, but when it became clear that Dunfermline and Ayr had identical records they looked into it on Sportsound and confirmed that if it’s like that at the end of the season then it will be decided by head-to-head.

Dunfermline are ahead in that measure since they have two wins and a draw.

Ah, but did Sportsound look into what happens if Ayr, Dunfermline and QoS finish with identical records? 😀

For possibility of this even happening QoS would need to win final two matches so finish with 2W 1D 1L v Dunfermline and 3W 1L against Ayr.

Ah, but did Sportsound look into what happens if Ayr, Dunfermline and QoS finish with identical records? [emoji3]
For possibility of this even happening QoS would need to win final two matches so finish with 2W 1D 1L v Dunfermline and 3W 1L against Ayr.
Would go head to head so in that scenario would likely be:
QoS
Dunfermline
Ayr

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If results are:

Thistle 1-0 Pars

Queens 1-0 Ayr

&

Pars 0-1 Queens

Ayr 0-1 Thistle

Then all three sides will finish with 35 points, -17 GD and and 35 goals scored.

😳

Thats not so unlikely either. 

58 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Thats not so unlikely either. 

The results definitely aren't, although all four games ending 1-0 is unlikely.

Bet 365 is giving me 62/1 just for those exact results this weekend.

Edited by Cardle is Magic