1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Only 1 time out of 1000 did Inverness not make the playoffs, 2 times out of 1000 Accies finished 9th, 4 times out of 1000 QoS managed automatic safety and 5 times out of 1000 Ayr went straight down. 

Screenshot_20220411-081739_Photos.jpg

As far as I can see the only results which could put Morton in the playoff from here are Dunfermline winning all their remaining games and Ayr winning their other two, while Morton either lose all three or lose two and draw one. The draw scenario would mean Ayr also needing to make up eight goals on us and Dunfermline ten. I think we might just be safe now.

I'm amazed the Hamilton 9th scenario even came up twice!

Edited by Dunning1874

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Only 1 time out of 1000 did Inverness not make the playoffs, 2 times out of 1000 Accies finished 9th, 4 times out of 1000 QoS managed automatic safety and 5 times out of 1000 Ayr went straight down. 

Screenshot_20220411-081739_Photos.jpg

Whilst we still technically need another point or Dunfermline to drop any points at all, it's astonishing to see us "Safe" when we think of the shambles that we were when Imrie took over.

Boxing Day table, before Dougie's first game in charge.

1132092279_2021_12.26LeagueTable.jpg.152b4f477b49f7d24596d47f4442bfd7.jpg

If Killie drop points against Inverness and Arbroath win their game against Queens…my goodness will we be in for a Friday night title show down on the TV the following week, as Killie play Arbroath at Rugby Park in the penultimate game of the season.

Quite an amazing turnaround by Morton since they got Imrie in, kudos to him.

As for us, I think most of our fans would have taken a playoff spot at the start of the season given the previous couple of years and we started well, but if/when we stagger into 4th it will be in the most underwhelming way possible, and with very low expectations of winning play off ties. 

A weird, and ultimately pretty "meh" season, not helped by giving away our best striker half way through for the equivalent of a fiver and a traffic cone.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

If Killie drop points against Inverness and Arbroath win their game against Queens…my goodness will we be in for a Friday night title show down on the TV the following week, as Killie play Arbroath at Rugby Park in the penultimate game of the season.

The only way that game won't matter is if we win at the weekend and Arbroath lose.

24 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Whilst we still technically need another point or Dunfermline to drop any points at all, it's astonishing to see us "Safe" when we think of the shambles that we were when Imrie took over.

Boxing Day table, before Dougie's first game in charge.

1132092279_2021_12.26LeagueTable.jpg.152b4f477b49f7d24596d47f4442bfd7.jpg

The table from his first game in charge onwards:

960013009_SmartSelect_20220411-122549_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7b2603ff6991b3e01f7c74c2eb8cef69.jpg

It's an incredible turnaround. While we weren't cut adrift from 8th to the same extent, getting such a transformation, doing it immediately and with very little change in January means it should be considered every bit as impressive as Ian Murray at Dumbarton and Jack Ross at St Mirren. We still need to see how he handles a summer transfer window when some of our best players will be away, but I'd have a contract extension in front of him today.

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The table from his first game in charge onwards:

960013009_SmartSelect_20220411-122549_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7b2603ff6991b3e01f7c74c2eb8cef69.jpg

It's an incredible turnaround. While we weren't cut adrift from 8th to the same extent, getting such a transformation, doing it immediately and with very little change in January means it should be considered every bit as impressive as Ian Murray at Dumbarton and Jack Ross at St Mirren. We still need to see how he handles a summer transfer window when some of our best players will be away, but I'd have a contract extension in front of him today.

Seriously impressive.

What site did you use to generate that table by the way?

I think the most impressive factor in what Dougie Imrie has achieved is that he’s doing it with a fairly poor squad of players. This isn’t someone coming into a situation like Dunfermline who have a pretty strong squad for this level but have just underperformed. Imrie has orchestrated a turnaround of this magnitude with a squad which on paper is probably no better than 8th in the division. It’s really impressive stuff, and if he can sign some players which fit his system then Morton will be in the hunt for playoffs at the very least next year.

23 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s really impressive stuff, and if he can sign some players which fit his system then Morton will be in the hunt for playoffs at the very least next year.

Edited by Fuctifano

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think the most impressive factor in what Dougie Imrie has achieved is that he’s doing it with a fairly poor squad of players. This isn’t someone coming into a situation like Dunfermline who have a pretty strong squad for this level but have just underperformed. Imrie has orchestrated a turnaround of this magnitude with a squad which on paper is probably no better than 8th in the division. It’s really impressive stuff, and if he can sign some players which fit his system then Morton will be in the hunt for playoffs at the very least next year.

I don’t think it takes too much at this level. From his interviews I think he’s a good guy and can see players taking to him and wanting to play for him. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

Creating a more enjoyable environment for a group of young guys, if you’re playing at this level you’ve got ability. Team spirit and work rate can change a teams fortunes dramatically. 

22 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Whoscored.com allows you to view the table between specific dates

Lovely thank you.

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Seriously impressive.

What site did you use to generate that table by the way?

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/71/Seasons/8637/Stages/19822/Show/Scotland-Scottish-Championship-2021-2022

This site has a filter for custom dates, if anyone wants to trace the decline/turnaround of their own seasons to the dates of specific appointments, results, injuries, signings of wrong 'uns, etc.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

What really encourages me is that he’s gotten these results while saying he doesn't even want to play this system long term, he felt it was a necessity with the players he inherited. You can't argue with the results he's managed with it and showing the flexibility to do that rather than trying to impose some 'philosophy' on a squad which can't adapt is an encouraging trait in a first time manager, but if he could get even more out of a squad he recruits to play his preferred way then we could be in for a really good season.

Equally you have to acknowledge that we're going to have a bit of a defensive rebuild to do between loanees leaving and Strapp probably getting better offers, so it's easy to see where we could face problems. Actually looking forward to future seasons with optimism for the first time since about 2004 is jarring.

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

It could easily end up helicopter Friday on the 29th, thou from my POV I doubt my ticker could handle that tbh.

Quick question 

@craigkilliewill probably know 

If we draw tomorrow but win at rugby park next weekend say 1-0

Then us and Killie be equal on everything? Who would be top? Does it go to head to head 

Also I’m fully expecting us to make a c**t of this but I’m genuinely pinching myself that I’m talking about this stuff