20 hours ago, virginton said:

Dick 'dick' Campbell braying in his weekly column that nobody ever mentions that Arbroath are part-time and whinging that they aren't getting the credit they deserve.

Yep, because we really haven't heard this at all - there are probably tribes in fucking Outer Mongolia who have heard all about Arbroath and their budget by now. 

RpaYRMeapf0X.gif.6862e537e2add589002e47006d6e3f2f.gif

That gurning bigot and his latest appeal for a title 'miracle' has swung my decision. Get Kilmarnock to f**k out of the league and stick a fork in Arbroath, to spare us any more of this frankly pathetic 'siege mentality' setting in. 

It's what he does, mostly we don't pay much attention to what he says

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last night will be a good point if Raith can do us a favour against Dunfermline. If QOS lose their next two games and we can pick up a point then we’ll be safe from 10th*.

*I think

Agree, how good of a point that is for you really depends on how Wednesday night goes. 

You need more than a point to be safe after game at east end. 

Edited by parsforlife

On 25/03/2022 at 11:45, craigkillie said:

On the title race, I'm expecting us to take something like 10 points from the last 6 games. We've picked up 16 from the last 6, which would guarantee us the title if we repeated it, but those were easier fixtures than the ones we have left, and even at that probably only the wins over Ayr, Hamilton and Raith were comfortable.

I'd expect that 10 to be comfortably enough if 3 of them come against Arbroath - I can't see them winning 4 of their other 5. But our three away games are all tricky, and if we stumble tomorrow at home, which is entirely possible with our record against Thistle this season, then that would put us under a lot of pressure.

On 25/03/2022 at 17:52, ecto said:

Exactly where we want to be

On 25/03/2022 at 18:02, craigkillie said:

I'm not even sure what that means.

On 25/03/2022 at 18:34, ecto said:

Being written off

On 25/03/2022 at 19:41, craigkillie said:

Saying I don't think Arbroath will win 4 of their other 5 if we beat them is not writing them off. Barely any team ever wins that many games in this league, that's why nobody has a high points tally.

That's Arbroath played just 2 of those "other 5" games and it's already impossible for them to win 4 of those. It's now guaranteed that what I said is correct - 10 points from our last 6 games (now 6 points from our last 4) will be enough as long as 3 of those are against Arbroath.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last night will be a good point if Raith can do us a favour against Dunfermline. If QOS lose their next two games and we can pick up a point then we’ll be safe from 10th*.

*I think

:lol:

Did you not see the nick of us when you beat us 4-0?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's Arbroath played just 2 of those "other 5" games and it's already impossible for them to win 4 of those. It's now guaranteed that what I said is correct - 10 points from our last 6 games (now 6 points from our last 4) will be enough as long as 3 of those are against Arbroath.

Think you're safe enough, more concerned about ICT

Should be a fun week, with several interesting games…

Pars v Raith on Tuesday is a critical win for either Raith’s playoff hopes or the Pars non-relegation hopes. Both teams are 1-2-2 in the last five, it won’t be pretty.

QoS v Partick on Friday is a chance to for Queens to ratchet up the pressure on the Pars before their Saturday match against Killie, especially if the Pars failed to get any points on Tuesday.

Accies v Arbroath and Killie v Pars will hopefully sort out the title race, but with a HtH match to go, you never know.

Killie, Arbroath and ICT are all in with a chance at the title, but ICT are the huge longshot.

No team is assured of the promotion playoff yet, but Ayr is the last team theoretically able to make them…very theoretically given their current GD. Only Raith and up are secure from the trapdoor playoffs.

Accies and Morton are unlikely to qualify for the promotion playoffs, but the way Partick and Raith have played, it’s not impossible.

Killie making a right dog’s dinner of what should be a one horse race. Arbroath’s realistic title hopes ended a few weeks ago tbh.

Really can’t see any of the play-off sides going up so they’re fighting for prize money as much as anything.

If we fail to beat the wee team on Wednesday night then we’ll be needing snookers to avoid the bottom two.

Three massive home games vs Rovers, Ayr and Queens and you’d think we’ll probably need to win them all. I certainly don’t fancy us getting any more than a point from Killie & Thistle away.

I’m not even sure it’s possible for The Caley to win the league now? The fixture permutations might see to that. I know Killie and Arbroath still need to play so both teams can’t lose, so at least one of them is getting points there.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Should be a fun week, with several interesting games…

Pars v Raith on Tuesday is a critical win for either Raith’s playoff hopes or the Pars non-relegation hopes. Both teams are 1-2-2 in the last five, it won’t be pretty.

QoS v Partick on Friday is a chance to for Queens to ratchet up the pressure on the Pars before their Saturday match against Killie, especially if the Pars failed to get any points on Tuesday.

Accies v Arbroath and Killie v Pars will hopefully sort out the title race, but with a HtH match to go, you never know.

Killie, Arbroath and ICT are all in with a chance at the title, but ICT are the huge longshot.

No team is assured of the promotion playoff yet, but Ayr is the last team theoretically able to make them…very theoretically given their current GD. Only Raith and up are secure from the trapdoor playoffs.

Accies and Morton are unlikely to qualify for the promotion playoffs, but the way Partick and Raith have played, it’s not impossible.

Pars v Raith is on Wednesday 

We are going back up although we have made it much harder than it should have been, Arbroath are clearly punching way above their weight and I hope they get through the playoffs. Will  be delighted for their players and supporters if they make it.

I’m not even sure it’s possible for The Caley to win the league now? The fixture permutations might see to that. I know Killie and Arbroath still need to play so both teams can’t lose, so at least one of them is getting points there.

You can still get to 64 points and we're only on 60, Arbroath on 56, so still a possibility.

I'm still nervous about everything, despite us being in the driving seat. I won't be doing any celebrating until it's confirmed.

In almost any other year, I'd be all-in for Arbroath winning the league, but when it's your own team that's involved then it makes it a wrench to not want the fairytale to happen. Ideally for most Killie fans )I think at least) would be us winning the league and the Lichties winning the playoffs. Given St. Johnstone are finding a bit of form now and I'm fairly sure they'll finish in 11th ahead of Dundee, I think it'll be a struggle for the playoff team to get promoted but it's not impossible. A big month remains, and I'll be gripped for the entirety of it.

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I'm still nervous about everything, despite us being in the driving seat. I won't be doing any celebrating until it's confirmed.

In almost any other year, I'd be all-in for Arbroath winning the league, but when it's your own team that's involved then it makes it a wrench to not want the fairytale to happen. Ideally for most Killie fans )I think at least) would be us winning the league and the Lichties winning the playoffs. Given St. Johnstone are finding a bit of form now and I'm fairly sure they'll finish in 11th ahead of Dundee, I think it'll be a struggle for the playoff team to get promoted but it's not impossible. A big month remains, and I'll be gripped for the entirety of it.

St Johnstone are now only 6 points behind St Mirren, who are on a stinking run of form. It's getting to the point where there's a realistic chance that StJ will survive outright, which seems remarkable based on how they played up until about a month ago.

Edited by Nightmare

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

St Johnstone are now only 6 points behind St Mirren, who are on a stinking run of form. It's getting to the point where there's a realistic chance that StJ will survive outright, which seems remarkable based on how they played up until about a month ago.

That would be absolutely remarkable for both clubs - I was certain the Buddies would make the top six at one point but given how close the teams in the glob are, it shows just how similar a level a lot of the teams in the Premiership are this season. It'd be some story if the Saintees could escape 11th place, and having re-evaluated things and looked at their recent results, I suppose they've put themselves into a great position to make it a reality. Dundee have looked absolutely humped for a while now though, and inexplicably sacking a manager who might just have been able to get the best out of their players for an auld huddie like Muttley will probably see that they get what they deserve.