The side that finishes 4th has never even won the first play-off tie, never mind gone on to secure promotion.
That’s mostly because a team finishing 4th out of the 10-team Championship is almost certainly going to be shite.
Very true, I think the exception in the last thing you said was 17/18, was about 3 points separating 2nd and 4th in a full season, felt there wasn't much between the 3 sides.

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:
The side that finishes 4th has never even won the first play-off tie, never mind gone on to secure promotion.
That’s mostly because a team finishing 4th out of the 10-team Championship is almost certainly going to be shite.

Very true, I think the exception in the last thing you said was 17/18, was about 3 points separating 2nd and 4th in a full season, felt there wasn't much between the 3 sides.

True.

However, it helps when the worst team in the league’s history happens to be giving everyone 12 free points.

20 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Did Hamilton not do it from 4th?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Every team in the Championship should be helping Arbroath achieve top spot. 

F*ck that. Arbroath’s a good awayday, will probably never be as strong as this season if they don’t go up and their ground will likely get the Victoria Park treatment if they’re promoted- turning into a plastic shoebox through time, whilst Kilmarnock would likely be clear favourites next season.

There are no positives for fans of clubs like ourselves in Arbroath going up. No harm to them, but being completely selfish, I’m quite happy for Killie to swan off into the sunset.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

F*ck that. Arbroath’s a good awayday, will probably never be as strong as this season if they don’t go up and their ground will likely get the Victoria Park treatment if they’re promoted- turning into a plastic shoebox through time, whilst Kilmarnock would likely be clear favourites next season.

There are no positives for fans of clubs like ourselves in Arbroath going up. No harm to them, but being completely selfish, I’m quite happy for Killie to swan off into the sunset.

Absolutely this. 

As harsh as it may sound, I want as many "small" clubs in this division so as to increase Dunfermlines chance of promotion. I'm sure it'd be nice for Arbroath fans but I'm hoping they stay here, and the prem side wins the playoff. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely this. 

As harsh as it may sound, I want as many "small" clubs in this division so as to increase Dunfermlines chance of promotion. I'm sure it'd be nice for Arbroath fans but I'm hoping they stay here, and the prem side wins the playoff. 

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself worrying about Championship teams next season, you've got to stay in it after this season first. 

It's interesting to see a Dundee United fan appealing for the plucky minnow to come out on top now, given that their club racked up a cool £2 million a year loss to clamber out of the same league by hook or by crook not too long ago. True champions of the Corinthian spirit. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself worrying about Championship teams next season, you've got to stay in it after this season first. 

If I was to display such a lack of foresight I might even get a job on the QoTS board. 

Although not impossible they could go again, you’d have to think this is possibly Arbroath’s one great chance at getting into the Premiership.

*If* the Pars stay up then I’d far rather play Arbroath next season than Kilmarnock, who will just carry out some more desperate panic buying.

1 minute ago, Stan Quinn said:

If Killie don't go up they are goosed. They are paying Premier League wages but have stated this cannot continue if they don't gain promotion.

Eh I don’t think so.

If we don’t go up, We will probably pull back on wages next year 

We actually posted a profit for last year and have owners who are willing to invest if required

40 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

If Killie don't go up they are goosed. They are paying Premier League wages but have stated this cannot continue if they don't gain promotion.

You just made that up....

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yip, any side finishing 4th behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers must be shite.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, any side finishing 4th behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers must be shite.

... Just because those three teams are good doesn't necessitate that the team below them is also good, the only certainty is that you weren't as good as those three teams, it doesn't show or say how bad you were. It bears absolutely no reflection on the quality of the rest of the league. 

In 2018 Brechin finished a mere two places behind Falkirk, now while Falkirk weren't very good, realistically the Brechin were absolutely turbo shite.