3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Based on Dunfermline's last two performances I can’t see us finishing any higher than 9th. I suspect the game against Queens at Palmerston on the 2nd last game of the season will decide who’s 9th and 10th. 

Queens having Ayr & Dunfermline in the final fortnight should provide some interesting viewing.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Queens having Ayr & Dunfermline in the final fortnight should provide some interesting viewing.

We'll probably have to get a bit closer to them by then for the games to have much significance for us.

The likelihood is though, that we'll be further adrift.

Killie were laughably shite until about 8 weeks ago when they did a Ross County and signed a whole new team. 
Mmm. Not really. We were boring under Wright who did not appear to give a shiny shite about our club. We signed a whole new ethos when McInnes and Docherty were appointed and that has been evident in the improvement in performances, both from individuals and the team as a whole. How's Sportsound's best pal working out for you?

6 hours ago, blackislekillie said:
9 hours ago, TheScarf said:
Killie were laughably shite until about 8 weeks ago when they did a Ross County and signed a whole new team. 

Mmm. Not really. We were boring under Wright who did not appear to give a shiny shite about our club. We signed a whole new ethos when McInnes and Docherty were appointed and that has been evident in the improvement in performances, both from individuals and the team as a whole. How's Sportsound's best pal working out for you?

How many players did Kilmarnock sign in January?

Loving the idea that merely hiring Derek fucking McInnes in January (after first hiring and punting Tommy Wright, and also adding half a dozen mercenaries as well) would somehow be evidence against the claim that Kilmarnock have just chucked money at this league to slither out of it. 

Those sunbed sessions don't pay for themselves. 

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How many players did Kilmarnock sign in January?

Only one player was signed that is not a loanee. A further 4 loan players were brought in and we lost Hendry who went back to SJ. Polworth was loaned out to Dunfermline. 

Edited by the west curve

15 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Only one player was signed that is not a loanee. A further 4 loan players were brought in and we lost Hendry who went back to SJ. Polworth was loaned out to Dunfermline. 

Five in total?

That's one more than ICT.

That     is     a     disgrace

Ayr United looking likely to join the relegation playoff battle in the next couple of weeks now 🤣

Mental to think there's almost as much between the big 2 and the rest, as there is between the while of the bottom half. 

Edited by Estragon

58 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Weren’t Ash Taylor and Kyle Lafferty both permanent signings? 

Loving the idea that merely hiring Derek fucking McInnes in January (after first hiring and punting Tommy Wright, and also adding half a dozen mercenaries as well) would somehow be evidence against the claim that Kilmarnock have just chucked money at this league to slither out of it. 
Those sunbed sessions don't pay for themselves. 

The point of disagreement isn't that we haven't chucked money at it (we have), it's the claim that we were rubbish before that and have got better. In reality our form since McInnes arrived is basically the same, and most of those signings have been poor. Hopefully the last six games is a sign of that investment starting to pay off.

I was feeling quite comfortable that we would be alright until last night. Now I'm considering lobbying my local politicians to have football cancelled until July. Just can't see where we will pick up points as every game I've made it too this season we've been incredibly poor. Tag to that our two main strikers are possibly missing (Ashford certainly / Adeloye unknown) for Saturday and things are not looking good at present. 

I was feeling quite comfortable that we would be alright until last night. Now I'm considering lobbying my local politicians to have football cancelled until July. Just can't see where we will pick up points as every game I've made it too this season we've been incredibly poor. Tag to that our two main strikers are possibly missing (Ashford certainly / Adeloye unknown) for Saturday and things are not looking good at present. 

Good idea, I would fully support this.

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Based on recent form, the 3/4th placed play off match is going to be some laugh.

Was thinking that.  3 teams who have probably been the worst in the league the past while.