1 hour ago, KTID65 said:

I can't believe how many people seem to have conceded the title to Killie, we have Arbroath to play who have been better than us in all three games we have played, Partick have been better in two of the games, Dunfermline were the better team in both the abandoned game and the replay at Rugby park even though we won the game. With our squad we should go on and win the league from this position but watching the team this season and having been a Killie fan for longer than I care to remember I am taking absolutely nothing for granted.

Spot on 👍

I can't believe how many people seem to have conceded the title to Killie, we have Arbroath to play who have been better than us in all three games we have played, Partick have been better in two of the games, Dunfermline were the better team in both the abandoned game and the replay at Rugby park even though we won the game. With our squad we should go on and win the league from this position but watching the team this season and having been a Killie fan for longer than I care to remember I am taking absolutely nothing for granted.

Dunfermline absolutely were not better than us in either of those games.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dunfermline absolutely were not better than us in either of those games.

Tbf I was at the Park suite for the first game so my judgment may be clouded for that one but imo in the second game we we lucky.

We were the better team first half of the abandoned game and probably had the better of the game in the rearranged fixture until we scored.

We were really poor second half of the abandoned game though and it was only going one way when it was called off. After we scored in the rearranged game we completed dropped out of it.

2 hours ago, KTID65 said:

Tbf I was at the Park suite for the first game so my judgment may be clouded for that one but imo in the second game we we lucky.

It wasn’t the only thing that was clouded. 

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If the game at Rugby Park turns out to be the crucial game then it’ll be the most exciting day of supporting Arbroath for me in probably my whole lifetime (unless we done the unexpected and miraculously got promoted) but certainly up until this point.

And I know it’s so cliche to do but I have genuinely seen so much shite while watching us. Rarely if ever missed a game from as soon as I remember going. 

Remember leaving school early on multiple occasions to jump on buses (Sometimes mini buses of a dozen folk) down to Albion Rovers or up to Peterhead. Driving all over the place. Down to Berwick or up to Elgin, few good hidings and some horror shows

Obviously much more enjoyable going when you can get a drink and jump on a train or bus with your pals but even then there’s been some really awful stuff

So to even be in this position now is just something else and even if we don’t take it to the wire and we fall away I am over the moon with how much my football club has progressed and improved in every single area the past 6/7 year

New board coming in have completely transformed us alongside some fantastic work from Dick

I am delighted and no matter what happens future is bright for us I am sure of it 

Fantastic post and absolutely spot on ⚽🇱🇻💪

If the game at Rugby Park turns out to be the crucial game then it’ll be the most exciting day of supporting Arbroath for me in probably my whole lifetime (unless we done the unexpected and miraculously got promoted) but certainly up until this point.

And I know it’s so cliche to do but I have genuinely seen so much shite while watching us. Rarely if ever missed a game from as soon as I remember going. 

Remember leaving school early on multiple occasions to jump on buses (Sometimes mini buses of a dozen folk) down to Albion Rovers or up to Peterhead. Driving all over the place. Down to Berwick or up to Elgin, few good hidings and some horror shows

Obviously much more enjoyable going when you can get a drink and jump on a train or bus with your pals but even then there’s been some really awful stuff

So to even be in this position now is just something else and even if we don’t take it to the wire and we fall away I am over the moon with how much my football club has progressed and improved in every single area the past 6/7 year

New board coming in have completely transformed us alongside some fantastic work from Dick

I am delighted and no matter what happens future is bright for us I am sure of it 

A true football fan. I salute you sir.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And I know it’s so cliche to do but I have genuinely seen so much shite while watching us. Rarely if ever miss a game from as soon as I remember going. 

Great post and agree with every word, although I think the seeds of our recent and current success were planted in 2010-11. Yes we’ve had one particularly grim season since then but winning that first title (and almost back to back ones) was huge - gave us belief that we could actually win things and got that monkey off our back.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And I know it’s so cliche to do but I have genuinely seen so much shite while watching us. Rarely if ever miss a game from as soon as I remember going. 

Cracking post, and sums up the lived experience of those of us (the majority) who measure success in glorious one-offs rather than the tedium of "treble trebles", or however-many-in-a-row in a rigged system. I was still in my pram when we won the League, and after what appears to have been a decent '60s, started attending in the 70-71 season. Cue thirty plus years of fúck-all until '97, which was all the sweeter for the wait.

I wish you and Arbroath many of these Golden Days in the future. You can start by winning the Playoff Final, mind..

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Driving all over the place. Down to Berwick or up to Elgin, few good hidings and some horror shows

It's the old trips to Berwick, Firs Park and Glebe Park that put it into perspective for me. Brechin might bounce back. East Stirling & Berwick.....Unlikely with stronger teams coming up through the pyramid system. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Killie were laughably shite until about 8 weeks ago when they did a Ross County and signed a whole new team. 

Not true

Most of the new signings have been on the bench or not stripped. Only Lafferty and Taylor have played when fit. 

Based on Dunfermline's last two performances I can’t see us finishing any higher than 9th. I suspect the game against Queens at Palmerston on the 2nd last game of the season will decide who’s 9th and 10th. 

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Killie were laughably shite until about 8 weeks ago when they did a Ross County and signed a whole new team. 

The actual starting line-up has barely changed, almost all the new signings have been rubbish.

We have been exceptionally consistent throughout the season. We took 29 points from our first 15 games and then 27 points from the last 15. We have threatened to take off a bit with 5 wins and a draw in our last 6, but that could easily come crashing back down around us.