15 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

The clue's in "we're starting to gel as a team...."

PS -  Your fancied Thistle were lucky to get a point against us on Saturday...

Don't think I've ever fancied Thistle, in this or any other infinite number of universes. At least someone was entertained by a bore draw between two crap teams though. 

Edited by vikingTON

Really difficult to call at both ends.

Think arbroath stumble unfortunately, and only killie look likely to capitalise.

At the bottom dunfermline look hard to beat but can they win enough games? Draws are no good.

Queens have had a huge boost but its out just a flash in the pan?

And ayr are all over the place, winning recently against the top 3 and losing to everyone else. But the wins are vital, and if this erratic form continues we'll have enough for 8th.

Killie champions
Partick with a late run to get promotion thru the playoffs

Dunfermline playoffs and will survive
Queens to go down.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Don't think I've ever fancied Thistle, in this or any other infinite number of universe. At least someone was entertained by a bore draw between two crap teams though. 

So Thistle are no more likely than we are after all....

Lafferty is like Scott Mcdonald was for us in 2019 - a c**t with inextricable connections to an arse cheek but even in the twilight of his career far too good for this level at a crucial position on the field.

If he's fit for 6 or 7 (plus) of Killie's last 9 games they'll win it. 

Arbroath remind me a bit of the Livi team that relegated us but that team went into the playoffs on a high whereas its likely if Arbroath are in the playoffs, while it would still be their best finish in God knows how long there would be at least a small level of disappointment at not winning the league given the position 3 weeks ago which might affect them negatively. 

I can't see any of us, Raith or Caley having the grit to scratch past either horrible Tayside team in the playoffs, only caveat is Raith have been a bit fucked with injuries and are getting players back now, and zanatta might start fancying it again when the temperature gets above ten degrees. 

Going into the last quarter and any of the top five could realistically win the league or the playoffs. Also any of the bottom five could go down. It's been an entertaining season and in looking forward to the run in. I'd love to see Arbroath go up as champions but think they may be running out of steam. Still worry about morton getting relegated or ending up in the playoffs again.

Baffled at the amount of folk thinking Thistle could go up…

We’ve only got a small chance of managing making the final if we can get Tiffoney fit for the run in, in the same way Killie will need Lafferty. 
As others have eluded to, Arbroath have had our number for 2 and a half games (As have ICT tbf) so would like them to pip Killie to the league so we’d avoid playoffs with them. Obviously based on the fact I don’t see us winning it. Maybe coz we’d be the underdog but I’d fancy us against Killie in the playoffs over Arbroath or ICT. Probably about on par with Raith and that could go either way. 
At the bottom end, QOTS have actually impressed me more than say Morton, but at the end of the day Morton are keeping the ball out the net and scoring goals at the other. Didn’t actually realise Dunfermline were worse off on GD, but still just get the feeling they’ll eventually put a run together. If pushed for an answer I would tout QOTS to go down.

Unfortunately for the league’s sake I think it’ll be 1 up and 1 down. Quality of the league this year is too poor to step up to the premiership but too good for league 1. Going all out I’ll say Cove replacing QOTS and Dundee replacing Arbroath. 

Killie to lose a Meh off final on Mehnalties. 

Scraping our way into the playoffs to end this season on some sort if high is about best we can hope for really.  

For 4 teams this will be the best opportunity to win this league in years, blown.  

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Scraping our way into the playoffs to end this season on some sort if high is about best we can hope for really.  

For 4 teams this will be the best opportunity to win this league in years, blown.  

Yep, if Dundee come down we can all forget about winning the league as they'll just buy promotion like they did last season (as did Hearts, United and County).

Its tight at the top, but my gut feeling is Arbroath will suffer a similar fate to ourselves in 2011.  The reality of being a title contender in the final quarter begins to hit, and just run out of steam.

From a Rovers point of view, the fact we threw considerable resource in the worst possible direction is galling.  We have had an awful quarter with no wins, yet aren't detached.  If we had even thrown a portion of that money to strengthen we could have been genuine contenders going into the run in.  

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, if Dundee come down we can all forget about winning the league as they'll just buy promotion like they did last season (as did Hearts, United and County).

Dundee have tried to buy promotion from the second tier about ten times in the last 15 years. There's every chance they'll make a rip-roaring c**t of it and go into administration yet again. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Dundee have tried to buy promotion from the second tier about ten times in the last 15 years. There's every chance they'll make a rip-roaring c**t of it and go into administration yet again. 

Fair point.

49 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Our early season form had me thinking maybe, just maybe we could do it. Now, with something like 4 wins since October I am expecting us to finish 4th at best and wouldn't be shocked if we end up missing out on the playoffs altogether. 

Killie will win it if Lafferty stays fit. Everyone will then go on about the part time team just running out of puff or other clichéd nonsense but it's Killie/Arbroath for 1st and 2nd and whoever finishes 2nd will make the play off final. If St. Johnstone finish bottom then Dundee will lose in the play offs. If Dundee finish bottom St. Johnstone will win in the play offs. I think one of Raith or Caley Thistle will drop into the bottom half and one of ourselves and Hamilton will make the top half. Could even nip into the play offs but neither are good enough to go up if they do manage it. No-one outside Killie or Arboath has a hope at promotion. Raith and Caley Thistle have downed tools already and Partick are on their way to doing the same and have a fixture backlog to contend with on their tottie field. Down the way Dunfermline will finish bottom. Everyone's played their "sack the gaffer" card (Ayr twice) and, too early to tell for Gibson/QotS for sure, but it seems everyone's made an improvement. Dunfermline still feel like they're one game away from disaster despite their improvement and I can see them spinning out. Too early to tell if Gibson will get them finishing above Ayr but whoever finishes 9th win in the play offs because League One is fucking honking.
If Raith finish in the bottom half irrespective of what goes on with other issues we will be getting a new management team in.

Good to see us being written off. We looked like we're starting to gel as a team now so I'm optimistic we'll take care of whoever we get in the play-offs, and Dundee subsequently.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

This could get very tasty in the next few weeks ... Queens finally getting some confidence back, but took another key injury today with Fitzpatrick probably being out for at least a month just when he's been hitting form.

Although only a point ahead of the "pack", I think Ayr are looking too strong to get sucked in to the mess at the bottom.  Before today I thought Morton under Imrie would be far too good also - but they were surprisingly poor today.  I'm also surprised Accies are still in the mess too - they've looked much better against us this season.

Looks like Rovers have chucked it for the season, but they're safe - plenty of points in the bank now.

Pars and Queens in a real battle now - so hard to call.  Nerve shredding stuff.