Entering the final quarter of the Championship season this weekend and nothing has yet been decided.

Who do you think will be champions, which side will reach the Premiership play-off final and are Dunfermline and Queens destined to fill the bottom two places?

Possibly I’m biased but feel this has been another very poor quality league, although that has again meant the division is quite competitive. There was an obvious split earlier on in the campaign, which seems to have faded since the New Year.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Champions - Kilmarnock

Play off final - Partick

Relegation play off - Dunfermline

Relegated - QoS

I would expect Dunfermline to win the play off at the bottom and I can't see whoever reaches the play off final being promoted.

Hopefully we stumble up as champions. I think the main reason for us doing that will be Arbroath falling away more than it will be us taking charge and going on a winning run. 

As for the playoffs I think Partick will win the Championship part of the playoffs but not sure if they will make it up.

QOTS for relegation I think. 

53 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Entering the final quarter of the Championship season this weekend and nothing has yet been decided.

Who do you think will be champions, which side will reach the Premiership play-off final and are Dunfermline and Queens destined to fill the bottom two places?

Possibly I’m biased but feel this has been another very poor quality league, although that has again meant the division is quite competitive. There was an obvious split earlier on in the campaign, which seems to have faded since the New Year.

Have to agree

Champions-Killie

Play Off Final-Arbroath but not promoted

Relegation Play Off-Queens

Relegation-Ayr

Edited by Rovers_Lad

If we’re going to get promoted, it’ll be as champions. We’ve played Arbroath three times this season, and been utterly dominated for two and a half of those games. I don’t think we’d beat them if we had to face them in the playoffs. 

I also don’t think we’ll win the league - Kilmarnock will, IMO - so we’ll still be here next season. I don’t think whoever reaches the playoff final will go up in any case. 

If Morton had sacked McPherson a wee bit earlier, I’d say they’d be the other side in the playoffs, but I think they’ve left slightly too much to do. It’ll be interesting to see how they recruit over the summer and get on next season.

Everyone from Hamilton upwards is safe, but I wouldn’t yet discount Ayr from the relegation battle. I don’t think they’ll finish bottom, but I wouldn’t be massively shocked if one of Queens or Dunfermline overtook them. The other will finish bottom. I’ll go for the Pars to go down. 

I reckon we're going to stumble to the title with an extremely low points tally purely on the basis of us occasionally winning games while nobody else around us does.

Thistle to lose to St Johnstone in the play-off final, Queens to finish bottom, Dunfermline to lose a play-off semi to Falkirk but Airdrie to come up.

You'd imagine Killie will win it with Arbroath continuing to drop away but still making the playoffs. Looks like it'll be Partick and Abroath in the playoffs with ICT.

Keep expecting the Pars to start doing something but looking likely they'll drop into the relegation playoffs but you'd expect them to have enough to beat part-time L1 teams.

Championship - Arbroath 

Play Off Final - Killie or Thistle (more likely to be the former)

Relegation Play Off - Dunfermline 

Relegated - Queen of the South

I think whoever wins the play-offs from the championship side will probably beat St. Johnstone/Dundee over 2 legs. Dunfermline would probably have enough to stay up against L1 opposition in a relegation play off. 

Edited by JagsCG

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Still reckon Ayr, Hamilton and Morton aren't safe from 9th...

Kilmarnock Championship Winners

Partick Play Off Final

Ayr Relegation thru Play Offs

(Airdrieonians Promotion to Championship)

Dunfermline Relegated 

Who’s saying we’re safe from 9th? We could just as easily finish 10th if Gibson does a Dougie Imrie and Dunfermline have signed a good player at this level in Liam Polworth.

We seem incapable of beating the teams around us but are more than capable of beating the likes of Caley or hopefully Raith on Saturday.

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If we’re going to get promoted, it’ll be as champions. We’ve played Arbroath three times this season, and been utterly dominated for two and a half of those games. I don’t think we’d beat them if we had 

Everyone from Hamilton upwards is safe, but I wouldn’t yet discount Ayr from the relegation battle. I don’t think they’ll finish bottom, but I wouldn’t be massively shocked if one of Queens or Dunfermline overtook them. The other will finish bottom. I’ll go for the Pars to go down. 

Wouldn't say we are safe just yet.

If Queens beat us on Saturday,(in Dumfries) they are 5 points behind us with a game in hand. It would really tighten up the bottom 5 again and anything could happen in the run in.

For me;

Arbroath to win it.

Killie to win playoff and beat St Johnstone in final.

Queens down.

Ayr playoffs, beaten by Falkirk who go on and win the final.

56 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d be fucking shocked to my core if Falkirk got promoted, as would 95% of Falkirk supporters.

Falkirk will do well to make the play-offs. They ain’t getting promoted. 

Edited by JagsCG

Probably as much chance of any of the bottom 3 finishing 10th at the moment, all 3 deserve relegated for being minging.  

If it comes to goal difference rather than points by the end I'd make Ayr favourites.  

Edited by itzdrk

Everyone from Hamilton upwards is safe,

Yeah that's simply not true. Any of the bottom 5 are still in real danger of relegation. Morton are in the best position just now but it can turn very quickly in this division and I doubt any sane Morton fan thinks they're out the woods yet.

As someone else said, I'm still waiting for Dunfermline to kick on. I can't believe that squad of players is down there but so far they're doing their best to remain awful.

We look a far different team since our charlatan manager was canned. I still think it's probably too little too late but if we keep it as tight at the back as we have so far then you never know. This time next week could give us a better idea of how things will go. We could potentially be joint 8th, 5 points ahead of Dunfermline and 2 points behind 6th/7th. Or we could be rooted to the bottom, 4 points behind 9th.

My enthusiasm or resignation to relegation could be determined come Tuesday night...

Think if Lafferty stays fit (I'm assuming he was rested rather than injured last night) then Killie will dig out enough wins to edge out Arbroath. 

Arbroath will finish 2nd and look the only other team capable of beating Dundee / St Johnstone of the playoff candidates. 

Queens are enjoying a new manager bounce but that might wear off, I'd probably still back them for tenth. 

I've kept thinking Dunfermline will get out of it but they're leaving it very late. I'll go for them to see off Airdrie in the playoffs.