Killie v Rovers - Diddy Cup Semi

16 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do like how quickly the Killie fans got on Naismith’s back, and how dreadful he’s been ever since. Terrified of the ball coming near him.

It’s on account of the fact that he’s a horrible, horrible footballer. 

We've probably been marginally the better side, despite the scoreline, but given this is our first team versus a bunch of jobbers who can't get a game for an inconsistent Kilmarnock, that's not really good enough. 

I still don't know what our desired route to goal is. Hope Varian bodies folk and then somehow also gets the second ball and then also finishes it? Dario lashes one in from thirty yards? Or...? 

Edited by Against The Machine

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We've probably been marginally the better side, despite the scoreline, but given this is our first team versus a bunch of jobbers who can't get a game for an inconsistent Kilmarnock, that's not really good enough. 

I still don't know what our desired route to goal is. Hope Varian bodies folk and then somehow also gets the second ball and then also finishes it? Dario lashes one in from thirty yards? Or...? 

Its annoying, we can't seem to find a path back to how we were playing in the first half of the season. 

I'm still hoping that Spencer can come back in and gives us the base to play a possession game further up the pitch.

A lot of sturm und drang out there but not enough tactical nous.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

"No game in which Kilmarnock have scored has finished 0-0." - David Hopkin

His suggestion of bringing on a RB and moving Naismith into the middle if Stokes can't continue tells you exactly why he's a shite manager.

I think we can feel pretty hard done by. Goal chalked off for f**k all and probably been the better side. 

Agreed. The luck has to turn at some point, if we carry on like this and Saturday we’ll get there eventually.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Agreed. The luck has turn at some point, if we carry on like this and Saturday we’ll get there eventually.

Admire your optimism, but I think this season is fucked. We were struggling before, but the Goodwillie saga has left us a shell of a club. McGlynn knows it’s over., the players also. The only thing that will potentially save us is Inverness being more shite than us, but realistically all that means is we’ll be 4th with virtually no chance of getting through the play offs. 

We are not finishing 4th. Simple as that. Saturday we offered a little more threat, but we seem to be scared to just fucking shoot sometimes.
I would possibly despite the award of the penalty, given we weren’t given one for a shove on Saturday. Unless dario has caught his foot as he moved his leg.