The Tattie field derby

6 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Or give the players encouragement and they might give a good performance. 

They’re experienced professional footballers not wee 10 year olds. Encouragement from the supporters shouldn’t be the trigger to play well on the pitch

I hear encouragement at almost every game but when the team are underperforming for large periods when we know they’re capable of more, it’s natural to have criticisms 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Or give the players encouragement and they might give a good performance. 

They’ve had that all season. A few shouts during a few games doesn’t change that fact. Win tomorrow and seven points from three is something approaching a mini-run. We need to be putting a proper body of results together, though. We’ve had the measure of Dumbarton, so far. No reason why we can’t go ahead and get another win if we apply ourselves. Would wager this being Marijn Beuker’s last game in the dugout, so sending him into his actual job with three points would be a nice sign off.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

They’ve had that all season. A few shouts during a few games doesn’t change that fact. Win tomorrow and seven points from three is something approaching a mini-run. We need to be putting a proper body of results together, though. We’ve had the measure of Dumbarton, so far. No reason why we can’t go ahead and get another win if we apply ourselves. Would wager this being Marijn Beuker’s last game in the dugout, so sending him into his actual job with three points would be a nice sign off.

Have you finally agreed to be our new manager?

12 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I wonder if the boo boys have ever been managers or had a job. At work does your manager shouting and swearing at you improve your performance after all aren’t you a professional being paid to work well.

Almost as if all working environments are different. Not even just working environments. Dare say anyone who has played amateur football has had or witnessed an absolute roasting at one time or another. We can pretend that sporting environments are the same as other professional environments if you want, but I think I’d get the sack for shoulder barging Sharon from accounts in the corridor.

10 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I wonder if the boo boys have ever been managers or had a job. At work does your manager shouting and swearing at you improve your performance after all aren’t you a professional being paid to work well.

Have you seen some football managers? Gus was an absolute mad man on the touchline, constantly shouting and swearing at his players yet he brought great success to the club? The Football environment is different to a standard 9-5 job where a wide range of players respond better to someone on their back constantly, maintaining the standards and demands of what’s expected of them. 

I think your gripe over the boo boys is very much exaggerated. God knows what you’d be like if you hear what gets said in changing rooms 

49 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I know them all personally, and not one of them has ever been a manager, or had a job. They earn enough to get to games at the weekend by collecting coins they find in the street and using that money to buy scratchcards.

The interesting thing about the “boo boys” guff is that there was a much more significant portion of the support expressing displeasure at the end of the Montrose game from a broader section of the crowd. Barely a peep about it. Most unusual. 

A setback for Josh, MacLean out for the next two and Paton out tomorrow.

That's arguably three of our most important players (and best performers since January) ruled out. It's going to take something special tomorrow for us to get a win. Or Queen's will need to have an absolute shocker.

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A setback for Josh, MacLean out for the next two and Paton out tomorrow.

That's arguably three of our most important players (and best performers since January) ruled out. It's going to take something special tomorrow for us to get a win. Or Queen's will need to have an absolute shocker.

Even with everyone fit I wouldn’t be confident but with Josh and MacLean out we have absolutely no chance. Paton being out means Farrell will shunt everyone around so we have defenders in midfield and centre backs at right back etc so that also massively diminishes our chances. 

Up top we’re going to have to go with a combination of 2 from Stokes, Duthie and Orsi, none of whom are really a natural striker. The fact we are into the last quarter of the season with such pathetic striking options is just mind boggling to me. Duthie is far more effective out wide so I’d rather see him there.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Have you seen some football managers? Gus was an absolute mad man on the touchline, constantly shouting and swearing at his players yet he brought great success to the club? 

I think your gripe over the boo boys is very much exaggerated. God knows what you’d be like if you hear what gets said in changing rooms 

Somebody needs to tell him about Eddie Hunter. I grew up in the street next to Hampden listening to Eddie constantly berating the players when they were training on the old ash park

3 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Thankfully my work doesn't sell season tickets to fans to come and watch us work all day. We do have customers mind you and if I was doing a poor job then they (and my manager) would be quick to let me know. Thankfully I only have a few bad days a year so I can handle the criticism 😉

Anyway, what's being a professional got to do with it? Plenty of stick was given out when we were amateur at Hampden, most of it from the old boys in the centre stand. They gave it to the same scapegoats every week no matter how they performed. But they did it without swearing and they were all sitting in the comfy seats so they got away with it.....

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, an86 said:

The interesting thing about the “boo boys” guff is that there was a much more significant portion of the support expressing displeasure at the end of the Montrose game from a broader section of the crowd. Barely a peep about it. Most unusual. 

It doesn't fit the narrative. In fact the fans I was with spent the whole second half on Saturday just watching silently in disbelief at the rubbish they were watching.. Then on Tuesday the same fans spent the whole game singing and getting fully behind the team for 90 minutes. But aye,  "boo boys" it is.

Having watched 90 minutes of Firhill in glorious HD tonight I may have to accept defeat here. Jesus Christ.
Tomorrow you get to watch 90 minutes of the Rock in glorious 3D. Don't concede defeat just yet.