Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 5th Mar

When did Hilson or Donnelly last score a league goal for us? I sure as hell can't remember but I'm sure it's years rather than weeks or months. Never like to criticise Campbell or the players but I can't for the life of me understand what he sees in them as regulars - squad players fine, and they can both do a certain type of job well for us, but we need goals and wins and neither of them are the answer as has been proven time and time again. What do they say about the definition of madness?

Get Ford on from the start with Hamilton and bring Donnelly and/or Hilson on later if need be.

Linn has to start after his performance in the first half against Partick and I would like to see Bakare get some game time - he looked lively when he came on against Hibs. Why bring him and Ford in if they're not going to get a game?

If Thomson, Low and Wighton are all missing from the Dunfermline game then this would be my starting XI :-

GASTON

GOLD    LITTLE    TOB    HAMMY

STEWART    C.HAMILTON    HENDO    LINN

BIG HAMMY    MCKENNA

D.C. HAS to start with Linn as he was outstanding for the 60 mins  he was on in the Thistle game and a constant threat and if creative Low is out at least having Linn and Stewart out wide they will  create chances for the 2 robust strikers to attack in the box.

That leaves a strong central midfield to battle for the ball and both are not bad in the air in fact the very impressive Chris Hamilton has surprised me at the amount of headers he has won, if that is not working a simple swap of Craigen on for any of those 2 in central midfield but we must give Bobby game time, also agree the 2 new strikers need more of a chance i thought Bakare looked decent and a bit of a handfull in his short time he had against Hibs and i do not think he has played a minute since?

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES - 36-0.

It’s Gameday! And the club needs you! Our Lichties host Dunfermline at Gayfield today as we start the run in that could see the Lichties create history and win the Championship! We need to fill Gayfield and support the players from kickoff! Leave the negativity at the gate and roar the lads to 3 points! Get your tickets at https://arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/

We are so close to making history so whoever Dick selects get right behind them from the start!

Cmon Arbroath 🇱🇻

9 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Hilson? Come on lads we need to keep our shit together at this stage of the season

Was only thinking out of the box, to avoid the centre midfield wasteland of Hendo and wee Hammy

8 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

When did Hilson or Donnelly last score a league goal for us? I sure as hell can't remember but I'm sure it's years rather than weeks or months. Never like to criticise Campbell or the players but I can't for the life of me understand what he sees in them as regulars - squad players fine, and they can both do a certain type of job well for us, but we need goals and wins and neither of them are the answer as has been proven time and time again. What do they say about the definition of madness?

Get Ford on from the start with Hamilton and bring Donnelly and/or Hilson on later if need be.

Linn has to start after his performance in the first half against Partick and I would like to see Bakare get some game time - he looked lively when he came on against Hibs. Why bring him and Ford in if they're not going to get a game?

I can’t remember Hilson or Donnelly being regulars at any point This season??

McKenna pushed on with Hamilton will give us a big threat.  Need to win tiday I think 

Hoping Bobby Linn starts the game, think he is more effective starting the game rather than coming on for the last quarter.

No surprise if Donnelly starts though, either up front with Jack Hamilton in place of Wighton or out wide instead of Bobby Linn.

Whatever the team selection we need to get back to winning ways and on a fine day, weatherwise, for football, today would be the day to play with the confidence of being the top team in the league. We are well past the need to play for enough points to stay in the Championship. We should be approaching each game expecting to win and expect a better game today than that dreadful excuse for a game of football served up by the two Thistles last night

Edited by SotesBornalichtie
grammar

Hughes has came in and improved us somewhat, but not enough compared to Imrie or Bullen. Ayr and Morton are winning games where we are drawing. We’ve not seen that turn in fortunes from punting Grant that was expected. We’re still not getting the necessary amount of wins that keeps us away from danger. It would really take something special from us to avoid the bottom two I think now. That includes winning games we’re expected to lose and hope Ayr, Morton etc lose.

Arbroath haven’t got Nouble (thank f*ck) and have hit a bit of a snag, but being at home and still in a good position to challenge should give them plenty of mettle to get through us today and win, but probably not as easily compared to the last 3 games where we were embarrassed in each game.

So depressing. Just feels like we’re waiting on the reaper to come with his bucket and spade to take us to the hell which is the seaside league.

4 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

It’s Gameday! And the club needs you! Our Lichties host Dunfermline at Gayfield today as we start the run in that could see the Lichties create history and win the Championship! We need to fill Gayfield and support the players from kickoff! Leave the negativity at the gate and roar the lads to 3 points! Get your tickets at https://arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/

We are so close to making history so whoever Dick selects get right behind them from the start!

Cmon Arbroath 🇱🇻

The idea that any Arbroath fan is feeling negative right now is completely preposterous tbh.

A must win game today for the 'broath.

Agree  Linn should start - he will drive at their defence and get good crosses into the box ( also handy for set pieces and free kicks).

Donnelly is not a centre forward - if he plays his role will be to provide service to Jack Hamilton.

Our defence is solid, but still trying to find out best formation in midfield with Low out injured.

Today's line up will be very attacking minded and expect Arbroath to be pushing from the get go for goals.

Score prediction - 2-0 Arbroath ( but this will be a very tough match).

23 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolute madness that Thomas is on the bench again. He’s our best player and we need to win games.

No seen the team but thats enough for me. Complete shambles.