Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 5th Mar

We could be doing with a big result here. We can't keep drawing and saying it's a good result or losing and hoping others around us drop points. Wins are required in every game. Probably not really, but we need to head in to each one with that sort of attitude. Our form is meh and would naturally see us in an OK position heading in to the business end of the season, but Ayr, Hamilton, and Morton are all picking up wins where we are drawing. This is why it is so crucial we start picking up wins. Queens will come on a game as well now they have got rid of that fud Johnson. It's not looking too clever for us at all. If Polworth is fit, start him and play O'Hara up front with Polworth helping him in an attacking sense. A front line of Dom Thomas, Steven Lawless, Liam Polworth and Kevin O'Hara should not be anywhere near relegation material, but this is the situation we find ourselves in. Praying to almighty our fortune changes or we are proper screwed. 

2 hours ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I'd prefer Gold at right back and Stewart in his usual midfield position where he can run at defences. Also would like to see McKenna alongside Hamilton up front.

Hoping for a win, but after a slow start Dunfermline are improving under John Hughes. If the players are rested and recovered from Tuesday night we are well capable of taking 3 points and staying top of the table.

That probably means Bobby misses out then, I would play Stewart at RB, bring Gold in to the middle with Hamilton and push Mckenna up. I think Bobby deserves to start and have a wee run in the team. 

Dom Thomas is the only chance we have in the run in. 

Replace McCann with someone. Probably O Hara. Then just try our best. 

Dont think it will be enough tomorrow (draw) or to avoid, at best, the play offs. 

20 hours ago, Gayf78 said:

Presuming Low and Thomson are both out, my team would be

Gaston

Stewart/Gold Little TOB Hammy

Stewart/Gold Hamilton Henderson Linn

Mckenna Hamilton

Don’t really mind which one of gold or Stewart plays right back or right midfield, they can both put a shift in.
This absolutely won’t be the team tho, Dick will find some way to start Donnelly and will also drop Linn, more than likely for Craigen which is baffling considering his recent performances.

Wee Hammy and Hendo in centre mid is a horrible thought, not an ounce of creativity in there, I would rather have Goldie and Craigen in there with wee Hammy at RB

Wee Hammy and Hendo in centre mid is a horrible thought, not an ounce of creativity in there, I would rather have Goldie and Craigen in there with wee Hammy at RB

No matter who you play in there, we’ll have no creativity unless low is fit. Henderson is the most comfortable of them on the ball and has the composure to actually make a pass. You’re not telling me Craigen provides us with any sort of creativity at all.

Arbroath have just put the 10 goals past us this season.

However, tormentor in chief Nouble is no longer an Arbroath player and they seem to have stalled a bit of late, although we have only won twice since we last played them (and indeed have only won 4 times in the league all season).

My prediction? Our team bus will be under no threat this time and I won't be shouting to the manager requesting him to take his leave at various points throughout the game and at full time. I will have a pie as well. Campbell will admit that Hughes is secretly his son. Two goals will be scored.

Edited by DA Baracus

I shall be attending. I have combined an optician appointment with the game (Dundee Specsavers has no appointments available to book online, seemingly ever going by the booking system, so I have used this opportunity to combine my ocular wellbeing with beer and football, although not all at once, as it may invalidate the eye test somewhat).

We’re undoubtedly better than we were under Grant but I don’t feel Hughes has improved us quickly or significantly enough to avoid the bottom two.

We need to win games people don’t expect us to win. Have to go for it because draws do almost nothing for us right now.

1 hour ago, Gayf78 said:

No matter who you play in there, we’ll have no creativity unless low is fit. Henderson is the most comfortable of them on the ball and has the composure to actually make a pass. You’re not telling me Craigen provides us with any sort of creativity at all.

Don't agree that Henderson is the most comfortable on the ball or the composure to make a pass, always looks to me, he is trying to get rid

Don't agree that Henderson is the most comfortable on the ball or the composure to make a pass, always looks to me, he is trying to get rid

I’m with gayf78 on my his one. Henderson is good on the ball and can make a pass, but I still wouldn’t play Henderson and wee Hammy together in centre mid.

27 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I’m with gayf78 on my his one. Henderson is good on the ball and can make a pass, but I still wouldn’t play Henderson and wee Hammy together in centre mid.

I know Hilsons form isn't good but he played well last season, in behind Jack Hamilton, leave McKenna in centre mid with Hendo, wee Hammy at RB, Stewart wide right, but we will have disagree on Hendo's abilities

I know Hilsons form isn't good but he played well last season, in behind Jack Hamilton, leave McKenna in centre mid with Hendo, wee Hammy at RB, Stewart wide right, but we will have disagree on Hendo's abilities
Undoubtedly Hilson is best when he's playing just behind the striker but he's miles off it. I'd rather play Swankie if his ban is over. I would probably go with Mckenna further forward and bring Gold into midfield. He was the best player on the pitch for us against QOTS and always reliable.

Hilson? Come on lads we need to keep our shit together at this stage of the season