Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 5th Mar

Seemed on Sat that a lot of the belief had been sucked out of the support and seems inevitable that 9th is the best we can manage this season.

We’ve added Liam Polworth to the squad so you’d imagine he’ll come straight into the fold. Comrie should return at RB after suspension and O’Hara and Thomas must start.

Doubt many people will give us a chance this weekend but we need some unexpected wins if we’re to avoid the bottom two.

Arbroath have drawn all four games since beating Killie, stalling their title challenge a little.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

if we can't win the league then I want the Lichties to do it.

Without wanting to be too negative, that ship might have sailed...

Not expecting anything other than a complete rinsing, 'mon Pars, prove me wrong.

16 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Been harping on to push mckenna (our top scorer) further up so this is a great opportunity to do it. What dc will do it play donnelly (who hasn’t scored in the league for about 2 years)

Agree with this and as said, more than likely that Donnelly will start the game. 

Maybe it's time to give Ford more time on the pitch to show what he can do, rather than a few minutes near the end of a game. But whatever the team selection we need to get back to playing as well as we can do for 90 minutes and winning games. 

Almost thinking that at this point in time I would take a ................................

Pars lost 1 in 6 games. Certainly hard to beat but we need wins.

Dorrans can't play AM. Either Polworth given a go in there or put O'Hara up top feeding off McCann.

Like last week, this fixture would normally look like a decent point but we desperately need three.

Edited by Chubbychops

If he doesn't push McKenna up on Saturday, he never will. 

I'm one of Donnelly's biggest cheerleaders and I think there is a player in there but that's 3 years he's been at the club and we've still not found a way to make him effective.

Jack Hamilton is winning loads of aerial battles and we're not picking up the 2nd balls (something we were really good at earlier in the season) and I think McKenna up with him would help. 

We've got loads of players that can play alongside Chris Hamilton too. Even in the absence of Nicky Low, we've seen Craigen, Gold and Henderson all play well in that position this season.

Yeah, get Gold in and stick McKenna up one. We will miss Wighton, his assist the other night was quality and think he was slowly coming onto a game. 

Wighton constantly tries to do the unexpected. Lay offs, flicks etc. It really helps to break defences down. It doesn’t always come off for him but when it does it gives us an edge. I thought he really chased and tackled back on Tuesday which is something he hasn’t always been known for.
Agree that McKenna’s the man to play off Jack Hamilton but LD is likely to start.

Wighton constantly tries to do the unexpected. Lay offs, flicks etc. It really helps to break defences down. It doesn’t always come off for him but when it does it gives us an edge. I thought he really chased and tackled back on Tuesday which is something he hasn’t always been known for.
Agree that McKenna’s the man to play off Jack Hamilton but LD is likely to start.

Wighton was my man of the match on Tuesday.

Presuming Low and Thomson are both out, my team would be

Gaston

Stewart/Gold Little TOB Hammy

Stewart/Gold Hamilton Henderson Linn

Mckenna Hamilton

Don’t really mind which one of gold or Stewart plays right back or right midfield, they can both put a shift in.
This absolutely won’t be the team tho, Dick will find some way to start Donnelly and will also drop Linn, more than likely for Craigen which is baffling considering his recent performances.

I'd prefer Gold at right back and Stewart in his usual midfield position where he can run at defences. Also would like to see McKenna alongside Hamilton up front.

Hoping for a win, but after a slow start Dunfermline are improving under John Hughes. If the players are rested and recovered from Tuesday night we are well capable of taking 3 points and staying top of the table.