Celtic vs Paisley Saints Wednesday 2nd March.

I don’t see St Mirren too often but I thought they well disciplined and organised in first half. Hardly a chance offered to Celtic and I was slightly concerned we might panic, commit too many men forward and tire in second half but tbh I thought Saints never gave themselves a chance or push the game up the park. Turned out relatively comfortable in the end and the points were vital tonight, regardless if it was a struggle for 45-50 mins.

99% of the time, teams like St Mirren travel to the OF with the same mindset, formation, and plan - avoid a gubbing and maybe, if they have an off day, escape with a 0-0. I don’t like it, I don’t pay to go there to sit through it, but I do understand it. I didn’t even listen to the radio commentary, I just checked the score online at half and full time, such is my disinterest in OF away games. As a season ticket holder I don’t go to home games against them anymore either. That’s just my view on it, not expecting anyone to agree or follow suit.

Ross County away is far more interesting, but Dundee away and Hearts in the cup are even more interesting. IMHO. Anywhere from 4th to 10th is where we could finish I think. That’s another OF game gone, we lost, big deal, we usually do.

Edited by pozbaird

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Admittedly there was some empty seats but this is a rather strange claim considering the game was sold out.

Anyway watching the highlights we were better than what I remembered yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed Ange making a c**t out of Kenny McIntyre.

There was admittedly some nervousness in the stadium however I think that was partly due to the Rangers scoring early and the news trickling through.

The game itself was as comfortable as it could have been, St Mirren barely threatened and once the 1st went in the result was never in doubt. It was a better performance than it was at Hibs. 

Great to see Karamoko get some minutes also 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

There was admittedly some nervousness in the stadium however I think that was partly due to the Rangers scoring early and the news trickling through.

The game itself was as comfortable as it could have been, St Mirren barely threatened and once the 1st went in the result was never in doubt. It was a better performance than it was at Hibs. 

Great to see Karamoko get some minutes also 

We're on the brink of WW3 and you're getting 'nervous' about a game of football that you're watching ???

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Can't believe we keep starting Main. He's horrendous. 

This concerns me that he may be Robinsons 1st pick forward as he had him at Motherwell when clearly Brophy and Greive are better players, I'm happy giving everyone a clean slate under the new manager but Main hasn't offered anything different in the 2 games he's played.

Edited by thomas

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Can't believe we keep starting Main. He's horrendous. 

Yeah I thought Grieve showed to be more of an out ball when he was on the park. He seemed to be playing right up against Taylor and had the beating of him. He put in a couple of decent crosses unfortunately it was Brophy who put him down the line so no one was in the box for them. I’m sure I heard on the way back Robinson mentioned he needs to be a bit more smart in conserving his energy. I hope that’s not him trying to morph Grieve into Main. Grieve should’ve started last night, not that he’d have done much better as there was little to no play we could muster up. 

2 hours ago, thomas said:

This concerns me that he may be Thompsons 1st pick forward as he had him at Motherwell when clearly Brophy and Greive are better players, I'm happy giving everyone a clean slate under the new manager but Main hasn't offered anything different in the 2 games he's played.

Who?

I thought the changes made an impact in the second half, Celtic started to play with less forced errors.
Squad rotation will be key for Ange to get league title in the bag.
St Mirren offered nothing in this game, other than a 10min spell in the second half they popped it around in our half with real intent.

I was hoping for a mid-week goalfest, performance and the 3pts.
Settled for the points and we move on.