The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s sad to call out people who actively make out David Goodwillie to be some kind of victim in all of this? And to openly come out and basically say that the fans that are against the move don’t matter and can go support another team? I’ve no idea how you’ve reached that conclusion to be honest.

It's easy the vast majority of our support think the same thing no one is going to beg them to come back. The truth is the ones moaning on here know that all to well.

It’s good to know that if you don’t actively campaign regarding a particular issue and it doesn’t directly involve the football club you support, you’ve no right to voice an opinion.

Cheers Frank!

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Frank, I'm flattered, but I just don't think it would ever work between us, so I'm going to pass.

You might not have any choice in the matter.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s good to know that if you don’t actively campaign regarding a particular issue and it doesn’t directly involve the football club you support, you’ve no right to voice an opinion.

Cheers Frank!

Pity they didn't give an opinion when he played for another club for several years. Thanks for the input though. 

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He's been loaned to Clyde. They tried to terminate it after a backlash, but we didn't agree to it. That being the case I have no idea what payment arrangements are in place currently.

Rumours of a £400 per week contribution to his RR wages from Clyde as part of a loan deal which saw him play for 25 mins in a 9-0 Glasgow cup defeat. All 3 parties had to agree to terminate the loan agreement apparently.... I’m fairly sure we can deduce which party declined.

I also wonder how they've managed to come out of this in a better sponsorship position after the major backers chucked it. Is Sim just trying to talk down the problem in the hope of attracting new sponsors in?

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I also wonder how they've managed to come out of this in a better sponsorship position after the major backers chucked it. Is Sim just trying to talk down the problem in the hope of attracting new sponsors in?

Think Sim was hinting at fact we already have a new home shirt sponsor to replace Val. 

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

New home shirt sponsor has been found at any rate.

22 minutes ago, GiGi said:

😂 holy f**k.

Also not sure if it's been mentioned but that article also seems to confirm McGlynn wanted Goodwillie.

Nothing surer

Been said already, but that’s an absolute astounding article from Sims. Makes it abundantly clear that the “we got it wrong” stuff was a lie, and that he doesn’t actually give a f**k about Raith Rovers as a community club, it’s his club to do with as he wishes.

I’d suggest that Rovers fans are going to have to start working on a way to get him out of the club. I know it’s not easy, but it’s surely untenable having a man like that in control. 

31 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Been said already, but that’s an absolute astounding article from Sims. Makes it abundantly clear that the “we got it wrong” stuff was a lie, and that he doesn’t actually give a f**k about Raith Rovers as a community club, it’s his club to do with as he wishes.

I’d suggest that Rovers fans are going to have to start working on a way to get him out of the club. I know it’s not easy, but it’s surely untenable having a man like that in control. 

Very doubtful considering the vast majority aren't losing their shit over this! Please do keep up or concentrate on your own club.

11 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Very doubtful considering the vast majority aren't losing their shit over this! Please do keep up or concentrate on your own club.

If you're not worried that the owner of your football club has just publicly chatted about shutting the club down, then that's up to you I suppose.