The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

That is absolutely staggering. What a vile individual.

He may as well have said "poor wee David is the victim in all this and anyone who forced us not to select him should be ashamed of themselves. My message to fans who haven't felt able to return is simple: we don't want you, we have nothing to apologise to you or anyone else for, f**k off and support someone else."

So Sim essentially admits he doesn't understand why some people might not like a rapist playing for their club but that they should get over it already.

Staggering idiocy that completely undoes the small steps made by Rovers trying to repair the damage done with this Goodwillie saga.

Absolutely lost for words at that.  To think we've been waiting for him to finally come out and say something, and when he does he manages to make things far worse than if he'd just continued to say f**k all.

I've not been back to a game since we signed Goodwillie, but was finally at that point that I'd decided I'd head back and that I'd renew my season ticket for next season.  But that interview has just pissed me off all over again.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

So Sim essentially admits he doesn't understand why some people might not like a rapist playing for their club but that they should get over it already.

Staggering idiocy that completely undoes the small steps made by Rovers trying to repair the damage done with this Goodwillie saga.

They were absolutely miniscule steps tbf, no resignations, a half arsed apology from McGlynn and a challenge Cup win seemed suffice for Raith fans. 

They'll be outraged at this statement and then be over it in a week. 

Close the club because people had the temerity to be upset about signing a rapist? And this is the guy who his fanboys say has Rovers’ best interests at heart and wants to leave a legacy? Fucking disgrace of a man. He and the rest of his ‘yes’ men can get down to the Prom and keep walking into the sea.

Sickening.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

They were absolutely miniscule steps tbf, no resignations, a half arsed apology from McGlynn and a challenge Cup win seemed suffice for Raith fans. 

They'll be outraged at this statement and then be over it in a week. 

Theres nothing we can do as fans or volunteers.  Our owner and his band of merry men have essentially said its their club come or don't.  Even made a remark of shutting the club down as we couldnt play Goodwillie.  Nothing we can do  will change their minds.  What we need is someone to buy him out but who has a spare 3-4m and more on top to run it?

6 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Theres nothing we can do as fans or volunteers.  Our owner and his band of merry men have essentially said its their club come or don't.  Even made a remark of shutting the club down as we couldnt play Goodwillie.  Nothing we can do  will change their minds.  What we need is someone to buy him out but who has a spare 3-4m and more on top to run it?

Except, that your volunteers walking away at least brought that half arsed apology. Some protests wouldn't go amiss? As it is you sang his rape apologists mates name at games. 

What an awful statement, what possessed him. Why would anyone say any of this nonsense on something like this. He cant be this stupid can he.

His angle i guess about "well no one moaned until we signed him," is the one thing that still baffles me in this whole thing. I no some Clyde fans were unhappy at the time, but in general lets face it, he played for them for years and no one was bothered about calling this out. Where was their sponsors? the media then? The government?  If there was anything it wasn't enough, and the fact there wasn't has given Sim and co an angle to pass the buck

They are of course wrong and above doesnt excuse the signing, they are grown ups, fathers, humans etc, and should no better either way than appoint Goodwillie and then react in the way they did, and especially should no better than react this way in this article.  But dont leave clyde and co and the past out of this, a lot to answer for there too. 

22 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That is absolutely staggering. What a vile individual.

He may as well have said "poor wee David is the victim in all this and anyone who forced us not to select him should be ashamed of themselves. My message to fans who haven't felt able to return is simple: we don't want you, we have nothing to apologise to you or anyone else for, f**k off and support someone else."

That's an accurate summary, but you missed the bit where he attempts to hide behind the rest of the club's staff for a decision that he was fully behind:

“There were seven people involved in the decision-making process and I was the chairman,” he continues.

“Could I have vetoed it? Yes. But you’ve got to back your people; the management team, the CEO and the people on the ground. Whatever people may think of me, I’m not a dictator.”

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Except, that your volunteers walking away at least brought that half arsed apology. Some protests wouldn't go amiss? As it is you sang his rape apologists mates name at games. 

It got a half hearted retraction but they meant none of it.  Sim wont be forced out hes shown before his stubbornness.

McGlynn at least showed proper remorse for the whole situation and faced the media unlike Sim who has hid away until now and pretty much told the fans go support someone else and if you disagree I may even shut the doors....  

27 minutes ago, renton said:

https://12ft.io/

Paste the courier link in there.

Short answer though, it's a fucking train wreck.

What a club we are. Is it only wrong uns who get on and do well in life? It seems that way. 

For those disillusioned, angry fans who still feel unable to attend matches at Stark’s Park, Sim’s message is brusque.

“I respect their judgement — and there are 41 other football teams,” he continues.

There are 41 other clubs. Just away and support one of them. As easy as going to a different supermarket. This is why clubs should be fan run.

If you don’t like it I’ll shut the club. What’s the difference between him and Colin McGowan? Have the Rovers really been reclaimed?