The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

Get him to F@@k  damage limitation now for me !
A bitter pill to swallow but the rovers board didn’t listen to us nor the major sponsors and this is the mess we are now in , Still  can’t believe Clyde either are they mad ? Do we have the finances luckily for us yes having played celtic twice away this season but it’s a pity as this would have made a difference in signing players in the close season 
I wouldn't be surprised with the opportunity of getting Ethan Ross, Sam Stanton and Ben Williamson it has spunked most of that money.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
56 minutes ago, basher brash said:
Get him to F@@k  damage limitation now for me !
A bitter pill to swallow but the rovers board didn’t listen to us nor the major sponsors and this is the mess we are now in , Still  can’t believe Clyde either are they mad ? Do we have the finances luckily for us yes having played celtic twice away this season but it’s a pity as this would have made a difference in signing players in the close season 

I wouldn't be surprised with the opportunity of getting Ethan Ross, Sam Stanton and Ben Williamson it has spunked most of that money.

If there’s any Justice the 4 board members would be paying DGW off, will they? I highly doubt it. It’ll come from our pockets, despite the warnings they were given and chose to ignore. 

If there’s anything good to come of this from a Rovers point of view, it is that we now know for certain that we don’t have the daftest, most out-of-touch board in Scottish football.
Which says alot about Clyde.

Goodwillie is likely to resist paying it off in one lump unless a premium is paid to cover the extra tax that will be due compared to if the contract was paid over the 2.5 years. Don’t know how these things work but given it will now be his last pay day in football I’d imagine Goodwillie won’t budge on it at all. 

32 minutes ago, bullywee2010 said:

Goodwillie is likely to resist paying it off in one lump unless a premium is paid to cover the extra tax that will be due compared to if the contract was paid over the 2.5 years. Don’t know how these things work but given it will now be his last pay day in football I’d imagine Goodwillie won’t budge on it at all. 

Playing with some basic assumptions: 130 week contract, 125 weeks left at £1,200 per, equals a nice round £150,000. With inflation running in the 5% range, we can set the time value of that at about £133,000 paid today. The net marginal tax rate impact is in the 5% range, so around £137,000 is a “fair” buyout figure from those assumptions.

He is likely in a pretty dark place mentally, seeing very little future going forward, so he’d certainly seem likely to be looking to maximize his income. I suspect DG will be leaving Scotland (and the UK) a soon as his contract is up.

Playing with some basic assumptions: 130 week contract, 125 weeks left at £1,200 per, equals a nice round £150,000. With inflation running in the 5% range, we can set the time value of that at about £133,000 paid today. The net marginal tax rate impact is in the 5% range, so around £137,000 is a “fair” buyout figure from those assumptions.
He is likely in a pretty dark place mentally, seeing very little future going forward, so he’d certainly seem likely to be looking to maximize his income. I suspect DG will be leaving Scotland (and the UK) a soon as his contract is up.
I think you need to rethink this one. You have deducted money for inflation and the tax implications are far bigger than 5%

I have got to say that I have been an avid Rovers supporter for over 35 years. I have seen many good times and many bad times. This is a mega problem with DGW and RRFC Directors. I will not comment on what has been posted, as we are all posted out . But this is not going away. The Directors will not pay DWG redundancy and no one will sign him..Why not bite the f**k up that the Directors made and just play him (if he is fit) because we are arsed from public opinion and he MAY be the striker that we have been and the RRFC management team requie to get us up. PS our club welfare and community support is poor now anyway so given that have we any more to lose? I await the onslaught.

15 minutes ago, Malay Robertsons Shorts said:

I have got to say that I have been an avid Rovers supporter for over 35 years. I have seen many good times and many bad times. This is a mega problem with DGW and RRFC Directors. I will not comment on what has been posted, as we are all posted out . But this is not going away. The Directors will not pay DWG redundancy and no one will sign him..Why not bite the f**k up that the Directors made and just play him (if he is fit) because we are arsed from public opinion and he MAY be the striker that we have been and the RRFC management team requie to get us up. PS our club welfare and community support is poor now anyway so given that have we any more to lose? I await the onslaught.

Aye, I said earlier, stick him on the bench and see how it goes. Everyone is watching the war anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, I said earlier, stick him on the bench and see how it goes. Everyone is watching the war anyway.

I reckon Kyiv will be focussed on Clyde v Falkirk.  Takes their minds off things for a bit.

No no fucking a million times no. He pulls on the shirt and it’s game over for hundreds of fans currently (me included). He is finished at professional level. He is toxic for the club, brand and long term future prosperity. 

Edit to add - as soon as he is on the bench the volunteers go again and it’s game over. And forget getting the supporters find money back of the many that stopped it. The club is not viable, correctly, with him there. The directors need to stump up and pay for their mistake. Get a line under it and move on. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

This isn't just a David Goodwillie thing, or a Pie and Bovril thing, it's internet wide:

If you type out a post, and then at the end of it you read it back and realise it's an utterly moronic opinion, don't add a coda that says "I bet I'll get slaughtered for this!".

Just delete it. I know it took you a few minute to hammer out, but that's okay. You can just chalk it up to experience. Don't click Submit. Just delete it. Move on. 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

2)I understand DG was training for a job outside football.

A) Money. If he has no real job prospect in the UK, he may need to travel and work because even some £200k is not nearly enough to last his lifetime.

David Goodwillie had a job with scottish gas as either an electrician or gas engineer when playing with Clyde, so has a trade to fall back on which is relatively well paid. I don't know if he jacked that job in when he signed for Raith. 

4 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

David Goodwillie had a job with scottish gas as either an electrician or gas engineer when playing with Clyde, so has a trade to fall back on which is relatively well paid. I don't know if he jacked that job in when he signed for Raith. 

I shudder to think of him having access to knicker drawers and laundry baskets.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe he could come on for his debut wrapped in a Ukraine flag? Get folk onside? Maybe write ‘I’m sorry’ on it or something.

People always talk about him deserving a second chance. The guy is clearly too stupid to deserve one. I think I remember reading that he has been charged with assault 3 times. He has never shown remorse for raping someone and has in fact only shown remorse because he doesn't have a good car etc. The sooner he is gone from raith rovers and Scottish football as a whole, the better.

2 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
3 hours ago, TxRover said:

I think you need to rethink this one. You have deducted money for inflation and the tax implications are far bigger than 5%

Yes, I corrected todays money for the decreased purchasing capacity of the same sums over nearly two and a half years with 5% inflation. In short, you would rather have £100 today than £100 in two and a half years. The concept of Time Value of Money calculates the delta and shows what a stream of payments is equivalent to in todays money. That’s how they pay lottery winners less than the jackpot if they select cash value option. They give them the cash amount it would take to purchase an annuity contract that paid the jackpot over 20 years or so.

The tax implications are exactly 5%. He would be paying 40% income tax until £150,000, and then pays 45% above that. So the marginal change is 5%…he would always pay at least 40% income tax on the money.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

If I had to bet, when the story get written about how DG’s contract got bought out or terminated, there will be a mention of his “day” job, if he still has it. Then the howls of protest will echo from the hills, etc.

I doubt any gas or electrical company would touch him now if he resigned to go full time. The headlines would be horrific.

The tax implications of receiving it all as a lump sum now as opposed to receiving a salary for the next 2 years are much more than 5%. Unless he has another job to go to he'd be absolutely crazy to take a pay off.