The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

10 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but would we be here if David Goodwillie had never left Clyde in January?

For what it's worth my opinion has never changed, until he shows some contrition he deserves everything that comes his way on a football pitch.

“NO”  is the answer to your question.  Things would have carried on pretty much as they were before. Whatever else Goodwillie may (or may not) regret in his life, I bet he now rues the day he signed for Raith Rovers, no matter what the increase in his wage is, was or might not be.

Re your second point, I really wonder now if he’ll ever play play professional football in Scotland again…….

Tbh, I'd forgotten about the Colts. 
Clyde is the unwanted tenant that Council wants to get rid of asap. It would be better off moving back to its roots.
ETA - Do Kirkintilloch Rob Roy play there? IIRC they moved there from Adamslie Park a few years ago.
No, Rob Roy currently play at Cumbernauld Uniteds ground but the Rabs are currently having some very acrimonious discussions with East Dunbartonshire over the new stadium that is being built in Kirkintilloch

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Just hope ICT get him signed up asap would get us promoted, top player, top goalscorer. Win the playoffs, even the league with him in our team. No brainer!

He had already faced 2 court cases, criminal trial dismissed due to 'insufficient evidence' (most important by the way) civil case run its course. Well in the past now, he deserves another chance, good luck to him.

As for all the hypocrite, band wagon jumpers, where were your protests before? Nowt said from any of you all time he played for Clyde before. Did it not matter then? Obviously not... Why the silence? Explain me that, but you won't.. 

If you all feel so strongly that an injustice has been done, put your money where your mouth is and go fund a criminal retrial. Or at least protest, yet anything that involves action on your part your all strangely silent. 

Your words here are not going to change a thing, act now, or shut the f*** up. 

You must be on the wind up. Nobody could actually be this special

4 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Tbh, I'd forgotten about the Colts. 
Clyde is the unwanted tenant that Council wants to get rid of asap. It would be better off moving back to its roots.
ETA - Do Kirkintilloch Rob Roy play there? IIRC they moved there from Adamslie Park a few years ago.

No, Rob Roy currently play at Cumbernauld Uniteds ground but the Rabs are currently having some very acrimonious discussions with East Dunbartonshire over the new stadium that is being built in Kirkintilloch

Thanks a lot for that. I used to go to odd game at Adamslie and hope that they can return to Kirkie soon.

30 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Does the council have any other significant sources of income from the stadium? It could be a costly liability next year.

Cumbernauld colts are apparently the primary lease holders. I.e. they pay more rent than Clyde. 

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Nowt said from any of you all time he played for Clyde before. Did it not matter then? Obviously not... Why the silence? Explain me that, but you won't.. 

If you all feel so strongly that an injustice has been done, put your money where your mouth is and go fund a criminal retrial. Or at least protest, yet anything that involves action on your part your all strangely silent. 

- Actually, quite a lot was said when he played for Clyde before, this is a case of completely selective memory.

- You can't 'fund' a criminal trial, there can't be a 'retrial' since there was no criminal trial in the first place as the Crown did not pursue this. 

- Protest quite literally stopped DG from playing for Rovers, so there is nothing to suggest that something similar would not lead to similar results here.

- Registering an account to run to the defence of a rapist says a lot about yourself, and a lot of how we as a society still have a long way to go.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Ball back in the Rovers court.

We can tell Clyde to get fucked but that only buys respite until the end of the season. 

Get your cheque book out Sim,  pay him off and get him away from the club. There is no cheap easy fix for this that has just been blown out the sky. 

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Ball back in the Rovers court.

What did Clyde expect would happen when they signed him? Did they genuinely not forsee any issues? Braindead stuff.

9 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

If it didn't involve my club I'd say this was comedy gold.

How on gods green earth have we allowed an early termination clause in the loan agreement?

Because Clyde would not have taken him back without one.

It suggests that Clyde knew that the loan was massive gamble and needed an exit option if it went badly wrong.

And, predictably, it did.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Because Clyde would not have taken him back without one.

It suggests that Clyde knew that the loan was massive gamble and needed an exit option if it went badly wrong.

Surely the absolute donkeys running Raith Rovers should have envisaged such outcry, you know, because it literally happened to us the week before?

Both clubs hierarchy need to get in the sea, cretins that shouldn't be running a bath min.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Clyde triggered the clause which read 'If we find out he's been a bit of a rapist you know what'll happen'

Imagine our idiotic board all getting together "well I dunno about you guys but I did not forsee this outcome. Twice in a month, best baton down the hatches"

2 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Surely the absolute donkeys running Raith Rovers should have envisaged such outcry, you know, because it literally happened to us the week before?

Both clubs hierarchy need to get in the sea, cretins that shouldn't be running a bath min.

I agree but it's hard for clubs at attract top quality executives and directors from their limited supporter base.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So there was a change of management but not ownership. 

The Council (should have?) had control through its contract with NLLL but did not exercise it.

Given the Council's convenient excuse, that contract should be published on its website.

TBH it sounds very similar to what happened in Angus. The Council's old Leisure Services Department was basically punted off the Council budget and made into a charitable trust called Angus Alive. All the Leisure facilities were transferred over as well. Legally its a separate entity from the Council, with its own board, constitution etc. All the staff we re-employed by Angus Alive on new contracts.