The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

12 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There was a Clyde supporting MSP on Radio Scotland expressing his disgust but also saying he'd heard Clyde fans singing in support of Goodwillie recently. He also said a significant section of the Raith support hadn't been bothered about signing him and some had even singing in support of him and against Val McDiarmid. Sounded a bit odd to me - can any Raith or Clyde fans confirm or deny?

I wouldn't listen to anything that idiot says. Pretended to have morals first time round for publicity then appeared back not long after with his tail between his legs.

13 hours ago, btb said:

In the real world not everyone is interested enough in football to put two and two together.

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Speak for you own club.

Jags fans have regarded Goodwillie as a scumbag after the court case.

You've missed the point. People who aren't interested in football don't have a club and the signing probably passed under the radar. Jags fans, in common with most other supporters, think he's a scumbag.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If he does join Clyde permanently at the end of the season Raith will no doubt still have to give him a decent pay off to go, whether that’s topping up his weekly wage until the end of his contract or just paying him a lump sum. He isn’t going to just optionally walk away from a wage rumoured to be over a grand a week until May 2024 to take up his old part time wage at Clyde again.

He is still the only winner in this whole saga, now he gets go back to Clyde a richer man to be idolised by a bunch of morons for the final few years of his career.

The chances of it happening are exceptionally slim, but if Denise Clair gets a private prosecution then it might be the transfer backfire for him. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The chances of it happening are exceptionally slim, but if Denise Clair gets a private prosecution then it might be the transfer backfire for him. 

Interesting thought…usually a private prosecution requires a letter of criminality (basically, permission) from the High Court. But it seems she might be able to do it with DG’s permission. Now, if DG truly believes he’s innocent of rape, he should be willing to agree, as that would then clear his name, eh? Not sure he’s that stupid, but it would show how much he really believes that tale he has told for years!

Great signing for Clyde. Wish ICT had signed him instead, would have got us promoted!!

Don't believe anyone should be permanently cancelled, especially when not guilty in a criminal court. Hats off to Clyde, am sure they will reap the benefits.

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Great signing for Clyde. Wish ICT had signed him instead, would have got us promoted!!

Don't believe anyone should be permanently cancelled, especially when not guilty in a criminal court. Hats off to Clyde, am sure they will reap the benefits.

See the source image

40 minutes ago, Roland said:

Don't believe anyone should be permanently cancelled, especially when not guilty in a criminal court.

It's this attitude that I really don't get. Surely the important issue is whether he raped a woman or not, not whether he got away with it due to the failings of the Scottish justice system? It is absolutely clear from the thorough court case (upheld in appeal), that he did indeed rape a woman. If you don't believe someone who commits such a crime should be "canceled" is up to you- I personally think they should be in jail.

47 minutes ago, Roland said:

Only problem with your belief in the case of Goodwillie is that never happened. 

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Imagine actually signing up a new account on a football forum to troll about rape.

It's just sad.

It happens often enough that I assume they're regular posters who don't want to be known for their horrendous views on their main account.

Which is worse, as they're serious.

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Was the shirt no some wild effort which someone had just taped onto there back? Absolutely wild. 

My understanding was both the shirt (name and number apparently taped piece of paper on their back) and the banner were by one guy who is a apparently a known idiot.  Didn’t hear about any other shows of support for DGW, I’m sure there were fans who favored the move for whatever reason but not that publicly backed it in the Stand. Saturday was my first game back and there was certainly no signing about DGW just a very flat atmosphere in the home end. 

27 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

My understanding was both the shirt (name and number apparently taped piece of paper on their back) and the banner were by one guy who is a apparently a known idiot.  Didn’t hear about any other shows of support for DGW, I’m sure there were fans who favored the move for whatever reason but not that publicly backed it in the Stand. Saturday was my first game back and there was certainly no signing about DGW just a very flat atmosphere in the home end. 

The whole saga showed P&B to be a bit of an echo chamber (for the most part) on whether rapists should play for the club you support. Twitter and Facebook there were as many Raith fans raging at the outcry as there was raging at the signing. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

It happens often enough that I assume they're regular posters who don't want to be known for their horrendous views on their main account.

Which is worse, as they're serious.

What I dislike most about people like you is your double standards, hypocrisy and inconsistency. Where were your protests when he originally signed for Clyde? I  can't find ANYTHING from you both, 'google advanced' searched on this site, nothing!! Nada. Strange silence, hypocrites! Why no problem before? Why didnt you speak up then?

Yet pouncing on people now, real hatred I sense. Just waiting for others on here to join my inevitable characters assassination, people who deep down are violent inside and just looking for a 'justified' reason to take it out on someone else. All because I don't believe in judging or cancelling a person forever. Even if guilty, I feel there is a time for forgiveness. Yet as stated there was 'insufficient evidence' for criminal trial?

Yet no doubt you will be tuning into the World Cup when it's on!  Be honest, bet you will!! No need to boycott that, is there? Or protest? Yet slavery, deaths, many of them, isn't that bad? Or are you ok with that? If OK, is that because its only Pakistanis & Indian people dying, hundreds, probably thousands actually, but what does that matter? Bet that issue doesn't count. Tune into that world cup, lets turn a blind eye and yet selectively choose another issue.

Yet this issue, involving only 1 victum you are all over!! Scottish victim, so that matters. Other victims in those foreign countries, who gives a f*** Is that it? Well, will you be watching the world cup or not, be honest if you can?

What about the EPL, watch that do you? Know the history and facts behind some of the club owners? Where are your words of protest? Nothing. Full of it, when it suits you. 

Lots of ugly things going on in this world, I trust the criminal courts as that is all we got, sure the system is not perfect, mistakes occasionally made. Yet if not proven in criminal court, for me, I say leave people be. In Goodwillie's case 'insufficient evidence'. If there was a criminal case it would have gone to trial and he would be sentenced. Fact is he wasnt. Yet you are damming this person forever. Even if guilty, I believe after a certain time a person should be allowed to start again. That's my view. 

People like you take the moral high ground, only selectively when it suits you. No consistency, yet turn a blind eye to worse things that are proven. Jumped on this Goodwillie bandwagon like the sheep you are, why don't you speak up for all the other stuff? Let's hear something original? Lots of stuff out there, could really make a difference to protest about a person/people who definitely are guilty. Worse things going on, even in football now. Will you though? Bet you just wait until the crowd decide next, then jump on that bandwagon. 

Start an original debate for once, a lot of bad stuff going on. Yet you choose this single issue and damn anyone that offers a different opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

What I dislike most about people like you is your double standards, hypocrisy and inconsistency. Where were your protests when he originally signed for Clyde? I  can't find ANYTHING from you both, 'google advanced' searched on this site, nothing!! Nada. Strange silence, hypocrites! Why no problem before? Why didnt you speak up then?

Yet pouncing on people now, real hatred I sense. Just waiting for others on here to join my inevitable characters assassination, people who deep down are violent inside and just looking for a 'justified' reason to take it out on someone else. All because I don't believe in judging or cancelling a person forever. Even if guilty, I feel there is a time for forgiveness. Yet as stated there was 'insufficient evidence' for criminal trial?

Yet no doubt you will be tuning into the World Cup when it's on!  Be honest, bet you will!! No need to boycott that, is there? Or protest? Yet slavery, deaths, many of them, isn't that bad? Or are you ok with that? If OK, is that because its only Pakistanis & Indian people dying, hundreds, probably thousands actually, but what does that matter? Bet that issue doesn't count. Tune into that world cup, lets turn a blind eye and yet selectively choose another issue.

Yet this issue, involving only 1 victum you are all over!! Scottish victim, so that matters. Other victims in those foreign countries, who gives a f*** Is that it? Well, will you be watching the world cup or not, be honest if you can?

What about the EPL, watch that do you? Know the history and facts behind some of the club owners? Where are your words of protest? Nothing. Full of it, when it suits you. 

Lots of ugly things going on in this world, I trust the criminal courts as that is all we got, sure the system is not perfect, mistakes occasionally made. Yet if not proven in criminal court, for me, I say leave people be. In Goodwillie's case 'insufficient evidence'. If there was a criminal case it would have gone to trial and he would be sentenced. Fact is he wasnt. Yet you are damming this person forever. Even if guilty, I believe after a certain time a person should be allowed to start again. That's my view. 

People like you take the moral high ground, only selectively when it suits you. No consistency, yet turn a blind eye to worse things that are proven. Jumped on this Goodwillie bandwagon like the sheep you are, why don't you speak up for all the other stuff? Let's hear something original? Lots of stuff out there, could really make a difference to protest about a person/people who definitely are guilty. Worse things going on, even in football now. Will you though? Bet you just wait until the crowd decide next, then jump on that bandwagon. 

Start an original debate for once, a lot of bad stuff going on. Yet you choose this single issue and damn anyone that offers a different opinion. 

That is an unbelievable state to get yourself into in order to defend a rapist.

Utterly bizarre

17 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

That is an unbelievable state to get yourself into in order to defend a rapist.

Utterly bizarre

Criminal court said 'insufficient evidence', in our justice system that is what counts. Therefore sorry, he isnt a 'rapist', unless proven in criminal court. That's what I base things on.

For me, innocent until proven guilty (in criminal court). 

If there is a problem with the justice system,  then why haven't you raised it with your MP? Actually done something about it, start a protest march, anything, I don't know, but continually moaning about this case on here achieves nothing. Label him what you want, but means nothing until proven in criminal trial. 

Campaign for a change in the justice system if you feel there is a problem? Do you though? Bet you do nowt, suprise suprise. Civil court is not the same as much as you want it to be. 

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Criminal court said 'insufficient evidence', in our justice system that is what counts. Therefore sorry, he isnt a 'rapist', unless proven in criminal court. That's what I base things on.

If there is a problem with the justice system,  then why haven't you raised it with your MP? Actually done something about it, start a protest march, anything, I don't know, but continually moaning about this case on here achieves nothing. Label him what you want, but means nothing until proven in criminal trial. 

Campaign for a change in the justice system if you feel there is a problem? Do you though? Bet you do nowt, suprise suprise. Civil court is not the same as much as you want it to be. 

Wow, you doubled down. I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

What I do, or any other poster for that matter, wont change whether or not GW is a rapist. He is, not matter how much you want to howl at the moon about criminal courts.

You have to be congratulated on your levels of whataboutery, though. Who's your big team?

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

David Goodwillie was found guilty of rape in a civil court case which was upheld by a panel of three judges at appeal. What you think is irrelevant.