QP v Peterheid

9 hours ago, qpfc said:

We seemed to go for a more direct style tonight and tbh we looked a hell of a lot more comfortable playing that way. We got it up the park as quickly as possible and allowed our attacking players to do the direct and intricate passing in the final third.

Totally agree.

Missed a couple of golden opportunities to put the game to bed in the first half but thankfully converted a couple too and overall there seemed to be an intensity about the team that has been somewhat lacking of recent. A good result against no pushovers ---onwards and upwards ----I hope.

Got caught sleeping at the start of both halves, thought the first goal was offside but we were all over the place for 20 minutes. Queens had the right idea by passing the ball & keeping it off the deck which they did well & quickly. We did gradually get involved but the players we have tend to carry the ball more which was near impossible on that park.To the lads credit they kept at it & eventually got one back just too little too late.

Decent from us. Looked hungry from the start and could have been out of sight by half time. Really well taken goals and thought McHugh led the line well, good link up etc. Proper stabilising influence from Grant too. He'll get done for pace from time to time but adds so much more to the backline. Big month coming up. 

The boys done well to get a win.

Happy for Bob getting a goal and an assist. I thought he looked lively all game. Very frustrating watching Bob and Luca running ahead of their man in an offside position. I wanted to pull them back a yard or two and we could have had 4 goals!

Jack Thomson took his goal well too. 

Great opportunity on Saturday for 2 wins on the bounce :) 

I thought we bullied Peterhead at times with our pressing, the way we should have been all season with our full time status. I do think Bob makes a difference up top and he showed it last night. If we can get Murray back fit then a proper go at the playoffs could be in play.

Echo the comments about Grant - great to see him back and getting 90 minutes under him.

Need six points from the next two games to kick off some momentum. 

On 28/02/2022 at 16:29, an86 said:

I’ll be at the Barrowlands, so I’m expecting fully expecting these chumps to finally turn in a performance just to spite me. I hope they do tbf. 

Aye I believe you. Let's hope the "chumps" put in another decent performance on Saturday so you know it's not personal.

Seriously I think last night showed that if you get players playing types of football and  in positions that they are comfortable with - they will play better.

I didn’t watch last night but glad to read Beuker adapted his style, as he touched on in Saturday’s post match, to deal with the playing surface. I like the fella. A weaker man might have stuck to his guns but he’s done the best thing for the team. Seen it so many times, coaches trying to make players fit in a system rather than having a system to get the best from the players. Encouraging!

I’m not a big fan of Grant’s skill levels but he’s definitely been missed as a team leader and I hope last night wasn’t just a fluke. The legendary run-in of 2007 started just after Andy Millen joined and his influence at the back allowed those in front of him to do what they were good at. Maybe Grant will pull this through yet.

Well done Bob. Do a comeback every game please.

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The legendary run-in of 2007 started just after Andy Millen joined and his influence at the back allowed those in front of him to do what they were good at. 

Millen didn't play for Stark. Speirs signed him in 2011. He did have a major impact tbf. We went from 8th to 3rd. Unfortunately those play offs didn't end up as legendary as 2007

5 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Millen didn't play for Stark. Speirs signed him in 2011. He did have a major impact tbf. We went from 8th to 3rd. Unfortunately those play offs didn't end up as legendary as 2007

Fair enough but I’m still sticking with my Millen/Grant analogy. It’s a happy ending waiting to happen.

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fair enough but I’m still sticking with my Millen/Grant analogy. It’s a happy ending waiting to happen.

Yeah I agree with your general point. I'm just a pedantic wee b*****d