QP v Peterheid

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hopefully the chance to erase Saturday from the memory. I'll be controversial and go for a QP victory. 1-0.

Some efforts on goal would be nice. Think we had zero in the first half on Saturday. I can remember three in the second half, one on target. 

Guest Bluetoon

Might need more than a point in this one as we'll likely get a doing again on Saturday against Cove!

Pitch will not suit our game tomorrow as it looks a mess. Can see why so many games have been called off. Rusty being out will be a blow.

I'm looking forward to this match - Queen's Park's backlog of fixtures has come at a decent time for a neutral like myself! - but more so out of a curious fascination about the state of the Firhill pitch more than anything else. I don't think this Spiders side is very good (I was at the Dumbarton match a couple of weeks ago and thought they were a tad fortunate to get the victory) and I fancy Peterhead to give them a difficult game. I was impressed by the effort they showed against Dundee and Falkirk and fancy them to be an awkward opposition.

I'll see you there!

58 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm looking forward to this match - Queen's Park's backlog of fixtures has come at a decent time for a neutral like myself! - but more so out of a curious fascination about the state of the Firhill pitch more than anything else. I don't think this Spiders side is very good (I was at the Dumbarton match a couple of weeks ago and thought they were a tad fortunate to get the victory) and I fancy Peterhead to give them a difficult game. I was impressed by the effort they showed against Dundee and Falkirk and fancy them to be an awkward opposition.

I'll see you there!

If driving i was told junction 16 from the M8 is still closed, last i went down ended up going round in circles trying to get on the Dumbarton road.

Edited by peternapper

46 minutes ago, peternapper said:

If driving i was told junction 16 from the M8 is still closed, last i went down ended up going round in circles trying to get on the Dumbarton road.

Keep to the outside lane and come off at Charing Cross

Opted for the megabus today. A few injury doubts for this one and with us playing so many games recently I’m unsure if we will be able to keep up our recent levels of performance and pressing for the full 90. But hopefully we can put in another solid performance and take at least a point back up the road.

Good win and a solid performance to go with it. Started off in a similar vein to the last time we played Peterhead at home, where we totally suffocated them with high pressing and it was pleasing to see us take the lead so quickly. What was even more pleasing was the intensity continued to beam off the players for large parts of the game and we always looked comfortable at the back. Fluke goal at the end but we seen it out without much fuss

We seemed to go for a more direct style tonight and tbh we looked a hell of a lot more comfortable playing that way. We got it up the park as quickly as possible and allowed our attacking players to do the direct and intricate passing in the final third. We needed to adapt to the pitch and the personnel. Grant, Doyle, Ferrie aren’t the most cultured with the ball at their feet but the high energy football tonight suited everyone to the ground and for me we should play that way for the rest of the season. 

I’ll give Motm to Peter Grant. Could of easily been Mchugh who put in a proper strikers performance tonight but considering it was first start in almost a year, Grant was magnificent. He organised everyone, he won every header and it’s no coincidence we managed the game better with his presence on the pitch. I think cause he’s been out so long, you actually forget how good of a defender he is for this level. Could be a key player for the run in if he maintains his fitness 

Surprised with how little Peterhead threatened. By all accounts they seem to have been decent in recent weeks but for me they looked out of sorts all over the pitch. For a guy of his size, the number 9 was soft as anything. Fell at every touch and tried to buy fouls on about 5 or 6 occasions. Maybe the midweek travelling impacted the team ?

Edited by qpfc

Echo the comment on Peter Grant; a real leader and won a surprising number of headers against McLean (?).

Better performance all round against a team that, I thought, weren't half bad.

There was definitely a more positive attitude on the park and good to hear a  bit of vocal backing from the crowd. Maybe the season can be rescued after all.