Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Indeed, only bettered by doing a full blown Adebayor and running the length of the pitch for a knee slide.

glory fame GIF

I was looking for the Batistuta one from the 90s, where he was winding up Napoli fans after scoring the umpteenth goal against them and they bottled him and knocked him spark out.

Wasn't there yesterday but enjoyed the highlights. Ashford looked excellent (he's the kind that will unsettle centre backs like Berra - he chases lost causes constantly and I like that) and Tomi could and should have had a hat-trick. Still think we're not that secure at the back at times but can't complain about a clean-sheet which McAdams has thoroughly deserved in recent weeks  - he's been superb. Houston was brilliant going forward though I doubt he'll get that amount of leeway against a better defence. The other recent signing McInroy amazes me - what was a player of his calibre doing playing in the lower leagues fgs - hope we can sign him for the longer term as he's helped give Murdy a new lease of life.

All in all, a very good day - the thought occurs that the appointment of Lee Bullen is beginning to look a really outstanding one; the guy oozes intelligence and professionalism and is calm and considered with it. Does he really need a number 2 with him?  

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Fitzpatrick was way worse with him cupping his ears and then running back to the halfway line giving a 1-0 with his fingers. Was he booked or spoken too? Of course not.

And nor should he be.  

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I quite enjoy the players giving it a GIRFUY when they score to the opposition fans. It's a bit of pantomime. It's especially apt if the player concerned has been getting pelters from the stand.

The heads gone that it induces in supporters who are then whining about the ref booking said player is even better.

I'm all for it!

Fully agree as long as there are no obscene gestures and he doesn’t leave the pitch. Players receive abuse throughout the 90 minutes and it’s only natural that they want to give some back, within limits. That yesterday was never a booking, just a gentle wind up.

Fully agree as long as there are no obscene gestures and he doesn’t leave the pitch. Players receive abuse throughout the 90 minutes and it’s only natural that they want to give some back, within limits. That yesterday was never a booking, just a gentle wind up.

That’s what made it weird. There was no abuse towards Maxwell, unless it’s happened down at somerset earlier in the season?
Apart from that, absolutely agree with the rest of that post.

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

That’s what made it weird. There was no abuse towards Maxwell, unless it’s happened down at somerset earlier in the season?
Apart from that, absolutely agree with the rest of that post.

Maybe he just doesn't like the Rovers?