Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

(I'm not at the game today, so I'm maybe lacking the visceral rage of others.) 
There's no point sacking McGlynn. We're not going to get relegated. Worst case scenario, we finish somewhere in mid-table. Sack him and the best case scenario is another manager gets us to fourth and we lose in the playoffs anyway, which he still might manage himself given how garbage Caley Thistle are.
Just leave it til the end of the season and re-assess then. 

You’re first sentence then made the rest of the post look weak.

Would you rather he stayed in the job for every other fan to walk away from the club at the minute as well? I don’t think any of us wants to continue to go to games knowing what the outcomes going to be.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thank christ thats over with, I had visions of 5 or 6 nil, The search for new Management must start now

Why on earth would you want our current lot looking for a new manager? Just saying.

I always thought that Frank Connor played a huge part in the success that Dalziel had at Ayr.   Remember standing behind both of them at Blyth Spartans in a pre season friendly and you would be hard pushed to tell who the manager was.

Jesus H fucking Christ that was bad. Dick has been a liability all season, no surprise that a couple of the goals came from getting at him. Willaimson and Stanton were brought in to improve the midfield and they have done nothing of the sort. Berra looked disinterested. Most games we are failing to register a shot on target in the first half.
You can see why Macdonald always looks so pissed off with that defence. Tumilty tried, and played ok. Poplatnik, you can’t fault his work rate. Says it all that the biggest applause from us came from him going to cool down just before Ayr scored their 4th.
I don’t know if there is a DG factor in all of this, maybe some players are downing tools. We are going to go through the motions until the end of the season until Mcglynn goes.
Next 8 weeks are just go be shite.
Well done to Ayr, absolutely clinical up front, hit us well and knew where to. Managed the game really well in the second half, just set themselves up, well organised infront of us.

That's the earliest I've ever left a game in my 30+ years following the Rovers. Terrible performance. To be fair I completely jinxed it pre match when I said to my old man that there's not been many humpings in the league. Double jinxed it when I said to my son he had only seen us lose in the flesh once this season and that maybe he was our lucky charm. I'll need to keep shtum in the future. 

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Who the feck else is there, and do you think very much will change at board level I very much doubt it

Make no mistake, we are at an absolute crossroads as a club. We either take the view that this lot in the Boardroom who thought signing Goodwillie was a good move are the best we can get or we believe that we can be much, much better as a club. The most depressing aspect of all this is the number of Rovers fans saying, ach there’s no other option, let’s just trust these guys. Removing them won’t be quick or easy, but trust me, it’s absolutely essential. 

Edited by roverthemoon

No DG factor involved in this.We,ve been pretty dung since end of  November only having won 1 league since then.That run in itself would have seen most managers emptied,lucky McGlynn

Dick has been a liability most of the season and deservedly hooked today for yet another poor performance but by f**k he wasn,t helped any by Ross

Hard to imagine that the absolute shitshow around the club this last month hasn’t had an impact on players. They would have to be robots not to be affected by being at a club that’s getting slated day in, day out. Football is a mental game. The Goodwillie stuff has fucked both players and management. I reckon.

No DG factor involved in this.We,ve been pretty dung since end of  November only having won 1 league since then.That run in itself would have seen most managers emptied,lucky McGlynn
Dick has been a liability most of the season and deservedly hooked today for yet another poor performance but by f**k he wasn,t helped any by Ross

I was saying this. Dick was all over the place but we had Ross meant to be playing left wing who kept going into the middle. However that's for a manager to see and do something about it immediately, not when we're 3-0 down.

Even in the 2nd half we didn't really change how we were playing. It was just more of the same. Absolutely shambolic.

We really haven't kicked a ball since October. I look back to the away game at Queen of the South in November and we should have been hammered that day as well. This isn't just a sudden change, it's been a slow and gradual deterioration brought around by a stubborn old manager who can't or won't see what he's doing isn't good enough. He went on and on about needing a goal scorer yet it's clear out issues are at the other end.

Time to go John.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Aye well,  the knives even came out for Nicholl eventually.

I get it, I do.... McGlynn has been a fantastic servant and aye, there is that cup final but this performance isn't an isolated incident, the situation with Goodwillie has broken the club on and off the field by the looks of it and I'm not sure that the crowd numbers will hold up with taking 8 more kickings until league end.

There is, also, as Calderon says still a slim chance of making the play offs so why let it slide if there is a possible fix? I have in the past tended towards the bleeding heart end of keeping managers in situ, if only because its a crap shoot and things can always get worse but I'm concerned he has nothing in the tank now.

To quote Tommy Docherty

"Managers are hired and fired with the same amount of enthusiasm "

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's the earliest I've ever left a game in my 30+ years following the Rovers. Terrible performance. To be fair I completely jinxed it pre match when I said to my old man that there's not been many humpings in the league. Double jinxed it when I said to my son he had only seen us lose in the flesh once this season and that maybe he was our lucky charm. I'll need to keep shtum in the future. 

That was the first time I’d seen us lose at Starks (in person) since December 2019. 

32 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Make no mistake, we are at an absolute crossroads as a club. We either take the view that this lot in the Boardroom who thought signing Goodwillie was a good move are the best we can get or we believe that we can be much, much better as a club. The most depressing aspect of all this is the number of Rovers fans saying, ach there’s no other option, let’s just trust these guys. Removing them won’t be quick or easy, but trust me, it’s absolutely essential. 

Yeah , I'm fully aware its essential to remove some if not all of them, but the Management team need replaced along with the CEO, either now or in the near future, if we wait till theres changes at board level to do that then we're into next season with the likelyhood of these same last few months being repeated over and over again

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

35 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The one constant over my time supporting the Rovers is muppetry in the Board Room.

Are you aware of some movement to change things or are you just hoping it happens?

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Hard to imagine that the absolute shitshow around the club this last month hasn’t had an impact on players. They would have to be robots not to be affected by being at a club that’s getting slated day in, day out. Football is a mental game. The Goodwillie stuff has fucked both players and management. I reckon.

Two ways of potentially looking at it. We brought in a player who would've likely got us goals, they've met and trained with him, and then we've got rid of him. They might feel the fans have just hindered any promotion push. The other side is whether players feel annoyed we brought him in. I've always said it'll be interesting if any of them do any podcasts after they leave the club about what their thoughts were at the time. 

In my view, the unity between the fans, players and management went when Scott Burns tweeted out we were chasing him in December. After that game, you had fans saying it was dumb we'd not brought him in to get us the goals. The other half knew it was a fucking stupid move. But it created a clear divide. Had we not signed him, we'd likely still have folk sniping away on twitter suggesting we should've brought him in as he's a goalscorer.