Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Probably, but he's not any other manager. I don't really think there's anything to be gained (really) by sacking him now. 

Bundle the management position into a full review in the summer alongside the board structure and everything else.

Let McGlynn finally see his team out for a final and see what the options are once there's a couple of months breathing room. We're not going up or down regardless of what decisions anyone makes now. 

Having though about it, you’re right. End of the season is the right time to do it. But it renders the rest of the league games pointless - but that’s been the case for the last 3 or 4 weeks anyway. 

I left on 80 minutes. Couldn’t even be bothered staying to the end and booing.

I’m not sure if it’s the Goodwillie shambles that has knocked the stuffing out of us, or if it started before that. Either way, there’s no heart in that team. 

It feels like the hearts been knocked out the support too. The more I think about it the more I think there needs to be some people who pay for the ridiculous decision to sign Goodwillie.

Edited by Scary Bear

16 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Probably, but he's not any other manager. I don't really think there's anything to be gained (really) by sacking him now. 

Bundle the management position into a full review in the summer alongside the board structure and everything else.

Let McGlynn finally see his team out for a final and see what the options are once there's a couple of months breathing room. We're not going up or down regardless of what decisions anyone makes now. 

Aye well,  the knives even came out for Nicholl eventually.

I get it, I do.... McGlynn has been a fantastic servant and aye, there is that cup final but this performance isn't an isolated incident, the situation with Goodwillie has broken the club on and off the field by the looks of it and I'm not sure that the crowd numbers will hold up with taking 8 more kickings until league end.

There is, also, as Calderon says still a slim chance of making the play offs so why let it slide if there is a possible fix? I have in the past tended towards the bleeding heart end of keeping managers in situ, if only because its a crap shoot and things can always get worse but I'm concerned he has nothing in the tank now.

Edited by renton

Ayr absolutely ruined us there. Definitely one of the most gutless, heartless performances I've seen at Starks Park. Probably slots in along with going 4-0 down against Accies and Livi at half time. They could've had five or six on another day. Adeloye absolutely ran our backline ragged. Dick was deservedly hooked, but Mackie was no improvement. We created four chances and squandered all of them. We've relied on a system of one up top for far too long and we've nothing to show for it. 

Fair play to the away fans. Absolute racket up the North End of the ground, and their fans were in full voice throughout - understandable given the performance on the pitch. I'm fucking delighted we don't need to play Ayr every week. 

As for McGlynn, on paper it looks like an easy decision. He's pulled our club out the shitter twice, but no wins since December 11th in the League isn't good enough. The Goodwillie situation just exacerbated things. The only thing we all agree on is change is needed at the club short term. 

What does he see in Williamson? He was honking again today, haven’t seen him play well for us and still gets picked. As for Sean Mackie , wow he was absolutely murder when he can on. Horrible game, horrible day for the rovers. 0 shots on target in 90 mins at home. Mcglynn to go….. think it may be time for a change.

In all honesty what does a drubbing at home from Ayr matter in the wider scheme of things when it's compared to the horrendous happenings in Ukraine?

There's always the next game or season for most of us. Not the case so far for thousands in Ukraine.

A wee bit of perspective needed from me to be honest.🥺

How long as he played 1 up front and it doesn’t work , Some of the recruitments been woeful TBH Gullan for one was a desperation signing , Dick has been mince all season his positional play for a defender is embarrassing and it hasn’t just been today’s game , Mcglynn always has favourites and is pig headed and stubborn to change things which ultimately is his down fall after the Goodwillie farce he’s pleading let me sort it well if this is what’s served up I’m sorry John no thank you 

18 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The team are 1 point off playoffs despite not winning in over a quarter.  Sentiment around finals shouldn't come into it.  There's a,genuine opportunity to at least finish in top 4  let alone make a fist of it.  It just won't happen with the status quo.

It could happen under the current management team. I mean who saw us winning at Kilmarnock? Agreed it’s not looking likely though.

Despite the shit show on the park since December and the Goodwillie disaster, we are still in with a chance of making the play-offs. I do wonder what conversations are going on in the Boardroom.

McGlynn has burnt all his good will with the Goodwillie signing. Wouldn’t bother me that much if he was bagged. 

B91AA6E8-BFBA-4C28-B8C3-AA807B9856C7.png

Genuinely had chances, which is the most annoying thing about today. Ben Williamson, who I’ve seen enough of, missed two easy ones at 0-0. One when he’s in on goal and another when he completely misses the ball when it was cut back to him. We then concede 3 goals and the game is over. Come out in the second half and miss another 3 simple, simple chances and Ayr then score a 4th. The finishing is letting us down week after week after week. 
I'm sorry but the finishing today wasn't the reason we lost. It was conceding 4 and defending like they'd never met each other before.

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I'm sorry but the finishing today want the reason we lost. It was conceding 4 and defending like they'd never met each other before.

Exactly, but but the narrative n shit!!

Anyone giving it the 'McGlynn deserves the cup final" nonsense needs to get their head out the sand. We were not playing well before this run but getting results. Now we've played 12 and taken 5 points and signed Goodwillie. All of that is down to McGlynn. He's caused this and needs to go.

I honestly cannot fathom anyone still sticking up for him any more. He doesn't even acknowledge his own failings. Guaranteed he comes out today and still mentions the missed chances despite us not having a shot on target all game at home. We now have a home goal difference of -1. Any other manager would be sacked and McGlynn should be no different.