Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

First goals the winner. 

If Raith score first, we will retreat further in to our shell and abandon trying to get back in to it. 

If Ayr score first, we'll cling on and defend for the remainder of the game and make more subs to try and cling on than we would do if we were a goal down. 

0-0 Based on Ayr's form in the last 18 months, don't know the last time we won 3/4 or 3/5 games. 

Between that transfer & other commitments, finally back at Stark’s to watch the team on Saturday. Can’t wait! Surely after the Killie result last night, it kicks us on [emoji1695]

Matej must start especially with Varian going off - presume Gullan is injured?

Between that transfer & other commitments, finally back at Stark’s to watch the team on Saturday. Can’t wait! Surely after the Killie result last night, it kicks us on [emoji1695]

Got the flu apparently

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Between that transfer & other commitments, finally back at Stark’s to watch the team on Saturday. Can’t wait! Surely after the Killie result last night, it kicks us on emoji1695.png

I think Varian will be fit going by what McGlynn said post match. 

On 01/03/2022 at 07:24, AuAl said:

I think I'll probably head up to this.  The QOS game was a real disappointment but I am strangely confident of at least a draw here.

Although, Raith are a team on terrible form, not won for ages, club in disarray not so long ago... It's all set up for a 3 point gift from Ayr.

A bit obvious to say but a win here would be huge for getting us back on track with creating a gap to the bottom two. Any chance Raith are disinterested and looking to see Dunfermline be cut further adrift? Would be much appreciated.

From a financial point of view it'd be great if the Pars stay up if we stay down. 

From a rivalry viewpoint it'd be funny as f**k watching Hughes take them down. 

I'm hoping we help them out tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Listened to a bit of a rovers discussion about the game last night and they raised the point that this is their 4th game against Ayr this season and 4th different Ayr manager they’ll be facing. 

We faced 3 different managers in our 3 games against Ayr last season as well!

Davie White has managed as many games against us (two) as any Ayr manager since Ian McCall.

Edited by R.R.FC

On 27/02/2022 at 22:41, itzdrk said:

Too expensive a day out for Bullenball for me.  

Draw IMO

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, I'll skip getting a takeaway and make the trip. 

Lovely sunny day for football. Now, after beating one half of Ayrshire, can we beat the other half and get our first 3 points since December?

Edited by Scary Bear

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Lovely sunny day for football. Now, after beating one half of Ayrshire, can we beat the other half and get our first 3 points since December?

Pffft. QOS have only won 2 league games since October, both against Ayr. Always here to help a team in need. 

16 hours ago, steakngravy said:

I hope there will be a tribute to Frank Connor tomorrow a minutes applause or something similar would be fitting.

Not a fan of a minutes applause, always comes across that this is done because idiots can’t shut up for a minute.  Should always be a minutes silence in my opinion when someone has passed away.