Squad Injuries Ahead of Ukraine Match

MarkoDevilovich

SOD shouldn't be near the squad anymore. He was rubbish going forward against Austria in the Vienna qualifiers and was the rock on which all our attacks on that side foundered. He was utter garbage against the Czechs, but very good against England. He has put in some good performances for us defensively, but going forward against the Ukrainians he'll be utter guff.
I would rather have Hickey.

I thought he was good against Austria and even better in the Denmark game at Hampden, and that was more or less the general consensus on here as far as I can remember.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I thought he was good against Austria and even better in the Denmark game at Hampden, and that was more or less the general consensus on here as far as I can remember.

Ach I love the big guy, and I'd love him to pull out a big performance again, so hopefully he defies both firm and criticism this time.

5 hours ago, velo army said:

SOD shouldn't be near the squad anymore. He was rubbish going forward against Austria in the Vienna qualifiers and was the rock on which all our attacks on that side foundered. He was utter garbage against the Czechs, but very good against England. He has put in some good performances for us defensively, but going forward against the Ukrainians he'll be utter guff.

I would rather have Hickey.

I agree, but there’s no doubting he’ll be in the squad, and most probably start.   

Edit: also Jack Grealish. 

Edited by Savage Henry

SOD's return from injury in the last few weeks has coincided with us switching to a back 3/5 with wingbacks. In our last 2 games against Ross County and Hearts, SOD has arguably been MOTM in both as we've picked up 6 points and has played better than at any other point this season for Motherwell. Appreciate it is a fairly small sample size but maybe a few weeks off to recharge the batteries has done him some good.

I've no doubt he'll be in the squad so fingers crossed the positive end to the season with us gives him a boost going into the playoffs/NL. I'm guessing there's no chance Patterson will be fit so it's likely between SOD and Hickey for RWB and I think SOD will get the nod (no rhyming intended). 

If Stephen O'Donnell starts ahead of Hickey it would be an absolutely ludicrous decision.

Hickey is already playing and achieving at a level domestically that O'Donnell never ever came close to getting to.

Ill support the team that gets picked regardless, but if he plays and plays badly then major questions should be being asked.

33 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Much as I love Sid as a former Jag and for his display at Wembley are we going to give Ukraine a target? They are pacey and direct

Nobody is saying Simon Donnelly will be in the squad mate.

Gilmour apparently has an ankle injury from todays game. Bailey didn’t say how serious it was, but it sounds like he started with it and then went off injured mid second-half.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Gilmour apparently has an ankle injury from todays game. Bailey didn’t say how serious it was, but it sounds like he started with it and then went off injured mid second-half.

Starting a loan player who’s carrying an injury, in the second last game of the season when you’ve nothing to play for, would be very stupid. Hopefully it’s nothing.

On 15/05/2022 at 18:10, Jambomo said:

FFS. We're just a John McGinn injury away from becoming an average team again.