Squad Injuries Ahead of Ukraine Match

MarkoDevilovich

40 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
17 hours ago, Donathan said:
Hanley should be fine given that the isolation period is shorter now, though I won’t be shocked if we just leave him out for a rest anyway 

What's the deal with isolation in England, and will that change if he has to travel up here?

Legally you no longer need to self-isolate at all, but I think football is still doing 7 days. 

• 1 month later...

Hopefully they all recover , but...

McKenna for Tierney.

Cooper and Hanley the other centre backs ?

Hickey RWB !

( how fit are James Forrest and a , grovelling required , Ryan Fraser ? )

Jacob Brown for Nisbet !?

Edited by Ewan8472

I'm beginning to get more comfortable with the idea of Robertson at LCB and Hickey at LWB in the event of no Tierney. If Clarke goes along those lines, he's more likely to pick Taylor at LWB I think. RWB sounds an issue though if neither SOD or Patterson are fit. Fraser at RWB? Recall Liam Palmer?!

5 minutes ago, Moonhound17 said:

I'm beginning to get more comfortable with the idea of Robertson at LCB and Hickey at LWB in the event of no Tierney. If Clarke goes along those lines, he's more likely to pick Taylor at LWB I think. RWB sounds an issue though if neither SOD or Patterson are fit. Fraser at RWB? Recall Liam Palmer?!

Has Robertson played LCB , ever ?

Paul McGinn at RWB ?!

Edited by Ewan8472

7 minutes ago, Moonhound17 said:

I think you meant call up Liam Henderson , to deliver

14 minutes ago, Moonhound17 said:

I think we have good options. I wonder how much emphasis will be placed on fitting within the system. To ask a player to come into a new system with new team-mates and minimal training time seems like it might be asking too much and so I wouldn't be surprised if we just saw Fraser and Cooper or McKenna replace the injured guys in those departments.

Has Robertson played LCB , ever ?
Paul McGinn at RWB ?!
Don't think he has, but I'm thinking along the lines of the Tierney/Robertson switching of positions in a game, Robertson must spend a decent portion of each game at LCB?

McGinn is a decent shout actually. Better then recalling Palmer. Don't think Calvin Ramsay is ready? Could be mistaken there of course.

I think we have good options. I wonder how much emphasis will be placed on fitting within the system. To ask a player to come into a new system with new team-mates and minimal training time seems like it might be asking too much and so I wouldn't be surprised if we just saw Fraser and Cooper or McKenna replace the injured guys in those departments.
Agreed, I think Clarke will prioritise guys who are used to the system. How many squads has Paul McGinn been in?

4 minutes ago, Moonhound17 said:
21 minutes ago, Loominous said:

Agreed, I think Clarke will prioritise guys who are used to the system. How many squads has Paul McGinn been in?

Not sure tbh, none I think - just called in as cover

2 hours ago, Moonhound17 said:
2 hours ago, Loominous said:

How many times have O'Donnell and Patterson been injured at the same time ?

Edited by Ewan8472

image.png.7812b8ca8af8f491b7c93e8326631555.png

It's looks pretty straight forward to me - I think things look like this at the moment. The interesting choice for me is more Ryan Christie or Lyndon Dykes - Christie seems to be just ahead but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lyndon Dykes started against Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

image.png.7812b8ca8af8f491b7c93e8326631555.png

It's looks pretty straight forward to me - I think things look like this at the moment. The interesting choice for me is more Ryan Christie or Lyndon Dykes - Christie seems to be just ahead but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lyndon Dykes started against Ukraine.

Based on what?

Christie has started the last few games because Dykes was ineligible.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Based on what?

Christie has started the last few games because Dykes was ineligible.

Yes, that's true.

My basis for this view assumes Kieran Tierney won't be available for the game.

Liam Cooper/Scott McKenna won't replace the attacking role KT performs and to make up for that loss I think Ryan Christie will be required to support Andrew Robertson and Callum McGregor with attacks on the left.

Additionally, In the Poland game with an attacking left side including Tierney, Taylor, McGregor and Christie we saw Kieran Tierney make significantly less runs into and crosses from advanced positions on the field and play a role that could be performed by Liam Cooper or Scott McKenna

Finally, the last time this situation occurred Steve Clarke selected Ryan Christie alongside Liam Cooper, Stuart Armstrong and Andrew Robertson against the Czech Republic in Euro 2020. 

Edited by 2426255