Chain restaurants

Donathan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I know I'm not qualified to adjudicate that one

Nando's official address is...Phoenix Retail Park, Linwood Road, Paisley PA1 2AB.

Two things to me say that it's not in LInwood...

1. it's in Linwood Road and very rarely, if ever, will you get a road named after the town or village within the boundary of that town/village.
  2. Linwood's postcode is PA3 not PA1.

As I say, others argue that, since the retail park was built on land that was formerly the Rootes/Chrysler/Talbot Linwood car factory, it is in Linwood but to me Linwood's boundary has always been the other side of the Linclive roundabout.

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nando's official address is...Phoenix Retail Park, Linwood Road, Paisley PA1 2AB.

Two things to me say that it's not in LInwood...

1. it's in Linwood Road and very rarely, if ever, will you get a road named after the town or village within the boundary of that town/village.
  2. Linwood's postcode is PA3 not PA1.

As I say, others argue that, since the retail park was built on land that was formerly the Rootes/Chrysler/Talbot Linwood car factory, it is in Linwood but to me Linwood's boundary has always been the other side of the Linclive roundabout.

This map from 1895 shows Linwood stopping (and Paisley starting) at the bridge
https://maps.nls.uk/view/74400786

Which suggests that the supposed "Linwood" Car Factory was just as much in Paisley as "Glasgow" Airport

I'm provisionaly judging this case in your favour but obviously there's room to appeal it to a higher authority

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which suggests that the supposed "Linwood" Car Factory was just as much in Paisley as "Glasgow" Airport

I'm provisionaly judging this case in your favour but obviously there's room to appeal it to a higher authority

Just above the big "12" is Linclive, which, as I said earlier, was always where the LInwood signage was located whenever you drove down that road.

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This map is tremendous, you can swipe between 1900 and present day.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/swipe/#zoom=15&lat=55.8469&lon=-4.4811&layers=1&right=ESRIWorld

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

There's one in the Phoenix Retail Park. However, arguments have raged for decades as to whether that is in Paisley or not.

If it's south west of Stirling and north of Ayr then it's in Glasgow.

Why do you fucking weegies have to continually argue about “boundaries” and which shitey suburb is/is not Glasgow.

Anything south and west of Helmsdale is a weegie toon.