Arbroath v Partick Thistle

We have broken into fourth place. Need to get some wins on the board to cement our playoff place and keep the unlikely dream alive, hopefully starting on Friday.

That was a pitiful 2nd half performance after such a dominant 1st. I think Dick got the subs totally wrong. Lucky not to lose in the end after the corner from Craigen set up a break away. 

big improvement needed on Saturday 

That second half was, by a mile, the best we've played in ages. Very frustrating that the chance at the end fell to Holt and not basically anyone else who you'd back to score it. Couple of other decent chances as well, while Arbroath had very little, other than a header that went just wide.

I will say it shows the difference in Arbroath's forward line - I don't think the game turns out like that with Nouble and Dowds playing as they'd hold it up much, much more effectively that Wighton and Hamilton did. That's not to say those two aren't good players obviously, but it's a noticeable difference.

Alegria is a better player than MacIver, so that's something too. I thought Foster did well when he came on as well. And we're not fucking fifth anymore.

However, for all that the second half was good, the first half was a total disgrace. We simply can't have a repeat of that again.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Good first half but we cannot play that way for 90 minutes when we’re in trouble we cannot get a hold of the ball and calm it down. A terrible second half. Every sub we make we get worse, there’s no way DC could believe we’ve got enough in that squad. If you’re bringing on Dale Hilson RIGHT WING then you’ve got a big problem

Ford and Bakare panic signings

A terrible second half after a very good first half. Lucky to get a point in the end 

Much better 2nd half performance from us, which I didn’t envisage at half time. Originally felt it was bizarre subs from McCall but suppose he should be given credit given the change in performance. 

I still hate playing Arbroath, but at least we’re back in the Top 4. Another huge match on Friday and it’s probably a must win - play like we did in the 2nd half and we’ve got a real chance to overtake Inverness. 

Good first half but we cannot play that way for 90 minutes when we’re in trouble we cannot get a hold of the ball and calm it down. A terrible second half. Every sub we make we get worse, there’s no way DC could believe we’ve got enough in that squad. If you’re bringing on Dale Hilson RIGHT WING then you’ve got a big problem

Ford and Bakare panic signings

A terrible second half after a very good first half. Lucky to get a point in the end 
Hilson was actually the best of the subs,

Agree panic signings, would of preferred to have kept Paterson than them two and get another loan in,

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Thought we were good first half, second half Patrick came into It a bit more. Donnelly header the big chance late on that could’ve won it 

Partick should have won it on the break away. Feels like a point gained in the end 

Gonna draw our way to the title😃

Lucky to get a draw we got horsed in the second half but still top.

As for the absolute moronic abuse by a few of our supporters and one in particular in the second half in the seaside terrace please f**k off and don't come back.

Good noise by the Thistle support btw.

Edited by keptie

He’s been able to get the very best out of some guys, most notably Scott Tiffoney, but not others. Smith hasn’t been great for us, yet, even when we were actually playing well.
The love of playing central midfielders is frustrating. I get that we have a number of very decent centre midfielders, but that doesn’t mean he should be playing all of them together. There’s just no pace or width without Tiffoney, and I think we must be fairly easy to defend against like that. 

I convinced myself ages ago that McCall sees a player he likes, signs them and then thinks about where to play them after that. He starts off with good intentions in the window and then gets distracted by shiny things (centre mids) and grabs as many as he can but has no clue where to put them all. I didn’t really appreciate Trouten until he went to Albion Rovers and scored about 30 goals in a side that finished bottom of League 1. Made me realise that had we actually used him properly instead of playing him wide then we might’ve ran Dunfermline a bit closer in 15/16.

Tldr, McCall has a brilliant eye for certain players but his fatal flaw is over using them to the detriment of the team.

Good to see Bobby back being Bobby and getting proper run.

Only issue with Bobby starting is there’s nobody on the bench that has a spark to change things if needed like tonight.

Some shocking shouts from the stand mainly from folk who have only ever seen us pump Thistle recently.

30 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Thought we were good first half, second half Patrick came into It a bit more. Donnelly header the big chance late on that could’ve won it 

Came into it a bit more? Dominated it 2nd half after a piss poor first half. What's with the childish Patrick nonesense?

Could have been 2-0 Arbroath at half time, but Thistle dominated in the 2nd half, thanks to the introduction of their sub Alegria and think a draw was a fair result.

Thats 5 games now without a win - we are missing Dowds, Nouble and Nicky Low.

Thought Bobby had a decent game in the first half and Hilson played well in the 2nd half.

Arbroath's defence were dependable and solid as always.

Needing to stamp our authority in midfield and start opening up further chances upfront.

9 games to go and sitting top of the league - very happy with that !

8 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Came into it a bit more? Dominated it 2nd half after a piss poor first half. What's with the childish Patrick nonesense?

Was actually a typo and you dominated fack all son. It was a game of two half’s. We’re not at our best at the minute and you still can’t beat us. 

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Was actually a typo and you dominated fack all son. It was a game of two half’s. We’re not at our best at the minute and you still can’t beat us. 

Son?? Get a grip pal. We dominated second half. You're not at your best? Have a look at our recent results and see how good we've been.