Arbroath v Partick Thistle

Smith is a strange one, he's been good at this level for at least 3 different clubs but he's been really poor and he's been the one played in his favoured position. 

Not watching tonight but not at all surprised by both the score and Tiffoney going off injured. If he's out for a bit that's probably the season done. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McCall is a strange manager at times. He loves a side of central midfielders. Initially with us he very much failed to get the best out of creative players like Smith, (Trouten) but towards the end of his time with us he definitely did get the best out of similar players like Forrest and McCowan. Seems he has reverted back to lots of central midfielders and struggling to get the best out of creative types though. Smith is a very good player at this level if used in the correct way IMO. 

He’s been able to get the very best out of some guys, most notably Scott Tiffoney, but not others. Smith hasn’t been great for us, yet, even when we were actually playing well.

The love of playing central midfielders is frustrating. I get that we have a number of very decent centre midfielders, but that doesn’t mean he should be playing all of them together. There’s just no pace or width without Tiffoney, and I think we must be fairly easy to defend against like that. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s been able to get the very best out of some guys, most notably Scott Tiffoney, but not others. Smith hasn’t been great for us, yet, even when we were actually playing well.

The love of playing central midfielders is frustrating. I get that we have a number of very decent centre midfielders, but that doesn’t mean he should be playing all of them together. There’s just no pace or width without Tiffoney, and I think we must be fairly easy to defend against like that. 

Smith has been so underwhelming. He doesn't really do anything good or bad; he's just... there.

Can't see where a goal is coming from here. No width yet again.

Smith has been so underwhelming. He doesn't really do anything good or bad; he's just... there.
Can't see where a goal is coming from here. No width yet again.
Was just coming on to say the same thing about Smith. I would have hooked him instead of Turner. Turner at least gives a set piece delivery threat, not much but more than Smith has provided in a thistle jersey so far

Much better second half from us after being bossed in the first. Probably a result that Arbroath, Thistle and Killie will all be happy enough with.

Thought Alegria looked decent when he came on. A few nice touches and seems to have more to his game than McIver.