Livingston v Dundee United - Wednesday 2 March 2022

1 hour ago, ol1vercloff said:

Who else was expecting Soto to be subbed off last night? 🙈😂

Pleased with Devlin's recovery during the game.  He started quite poorly, but came good in the end.  Love his passion at full-time!

If Dundee Utd sign Forrest, they best buckle up for the Alan Forrest Show.  It can be frustrating at times 😂

Soto made a lot of mistakes but he was nowhere near the performance level of Chukwumenka when he was taken off after about five minutes. The young man was doing a lot of running and, even if it didn't end up with anything positive, he was tying up two defenders at the same time.

Also I feel his presence meant that Edwards had to make that interception leading to the own goal. Personally I feel he's a bit too lightweight for our game but then again the likes of Holt and Omeonga are not exactly behemoths.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Soto made a lot of mistakes but he was nowhere near the performance level of Chukwumenka when he was taken off after about five minutes. The young man was doing a lot of running and, even if it didn't end up with anything positive, he was tying up two defenders at the same time.

Also I feel his presence meant that Edwards had to make that interception leading to the own goal. Personally I feel he's a bit too lightweight for our game but then again the likes of Holt and Omeonga are not exactly behemoths.

What i've noticed about Soto is, he's deceptively good in the air for a lad his size. Hard for the lad to be getting game time when our forward line are playing like they are so it's tough to judge him as he'll still be getting used to the style of play here.

Soto has a massive amount of potential, and I reckon if we're somehow able to get him back in next season then he'll be great for us, but his instincts don't seem to be to do exactly what we need him to do. A lot of his centre forward play is flicks, rather than hold up play, which doesn't work nearly as well in our wider shape where no-one is guaranteed to be near him when the ball is launched long.

He's clearly talented though, and would fit in well given the time, but with only 9 games left in the season then I'm not sure he'll get it.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

What i've noticed about Soto is, he's deceptively good in the air for a lad his size. Hard for the lad to be getting game time when our forward line are playing like they are so it's tough to judge him as he'll still be getting used to the style of play here.

Sometimes he would jump despite being far away from the ball. Maybe mind fucking the opponent is part of the deception 🤔

If he can sort out the heavy touch and look a little less frantic, he may have something.

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I did note a challenge near the end where I felt a card would have been appropriate for the Livi player, he went through the back of a united player and the ref waved play on 🤦‍♂️

Thought i saw Devlin getting booked for celebrating our winner, but amazing the difference when only a few games ago a ref handed out about 9 cards to us. Hoping we don't get Kevin Clancy ever again.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought i saw Devlin getting booked for celebrating our winner, but amazing the difference when only a few games ago a ref handed out about 9 cards to us. Hoping we don't get Kevin Clancy ever again.

yeah, Sir Nicky of Bishopbriggs got a yellow for celebrating a late winner with the supporters. Crap rule that imo.

44 minutes ago, Snooky said:

yeah, Sir Nicky of Bishopbriggs got a yellow for celebrating a late winner with the supporters. Crap rule that imo.

Crazy when you had Watt running over to the Livi fans giving it the big jump and landing with arms stretched out taking a bow, celebrating his goal with Motherwell, and he didn't get booked, but our own player does when going over to our fans. 

1 hour ago, Snooky said:

Neither our official report nor the BBC have any cards recorded other than the one given to Niskanen. Suppose we'll have to wait for the referee's report.

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Neither our official report nor the BBC have any cards recorded other than the one given to Niskanen. Suppose we'll have to wait for the referee's report.

Nicky definitely got booked for the celebration. That snivelling toad of a ref couldn't wait to haul the card out.