Queens v Morton

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye maybe for the first, but think the second was a great attacking move ...

It was a great ball aye, it started with Hamilton slicing it but he can't be blamed for the following 15 seconds. The chocolate wrists for the first though, fucking hell.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The chocolate wrists for the first though, fucking hell.

Was hard to see from the camera angle and the low sun, but thought he got good hands to it - was hit with some power though to be fair.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Never thought I'd be gutted to see Fitzpatrick injured. That's a devastating blow given the form he's in. Did he walk off or stretchered?

Walked off supported, then on his own down the touchline.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Never thought I'd be gutted to see Fitzpatrick injured. That's a devastating blow given the form he's in. Did he walk off or stretchered?

Hobbled off supported on both sides - doesn't look good - just our friggin' luck when the guy finally hits some form.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Was hard to see from the camera angle and the low sun, but thought he got good hands to it - was hit with some power though to be fair.

He did get good hands to it, hence the chocolate wrists.

Serious question.  I'm watching the stream here, but a question for anyone in the ground .... the camera follows the ball as per normal ... but what does Gordon do?  I've hardly seen him on the ball.  Is he doing a lot of good closing down off the ball that we don't see on the stream?  Must be contributing something or else Gibson wouldn't start him.

Errr, genuinely not sure. Misplaced energy, at best.

Serious question.  I'm watching the stream here, but a question for anyone in the ground .... the camera follows the ball as per normal ... but what does Gordon do?  I've hardly seen him on the ball.  Is he doing a lot of good closing down off the ball that we don't see on the stream?  Must be contributing something or else Gibson wouldn't start him.

We've started brightly and had a few half chances with one off the line.

Queens score with yet another goal from outside the box and no one closing him down. Many is that this season? 

Hamilton then slips punting the ball up the park and it's picked up by Queens player slips a great ball for the 2nd goal.

We've fell right out it since the 2nd goal and Queens worthy of their lead now.

We now look at bit disjointed and our midfield has disappeared. 

All to do now just to get a draw.. 

Errr, genuinely not sure. Misplaced energy, at best.

(Not watching today so not based on that) He's truly pish. Hopefully he scores another rocket. Other than that up at Raith he's contributed nothing.

The only guaranteed starter in our central midfield should be Reece Lyon. That's been apparent for every game without him in the starting XI, but especially so today. For all that we looked fine at 0-0, we've been absolutely lost since they scored. Wilson's getting a lot of stick and it's understandable with how wasteful he is in possession, but he's been the least bad of the midfield three. Oliver is losing the ball every time he touches it and Blues is as well not being there: his only touches have been his set pieces, which have all been passbacks.

With five subs available there's no reason not to make a triple sub at half time. Blues, Oliver and Lithgow off, Lyon, McGrattan and Muirhead on, 4-3-3. We're not getting back into this game if we wait until the 70th minute to make a like for like change then throw a striker on for a centre back in the 85th minute.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

(Not watching today so not based on that) He's truly pish. Hopefully he scores another rocket. Other than that up at Raith he's contributed nothing.

Yeah, I get that but WG must see something in him that's better than what's on the bench ... I'm mystified though.

We've created enough chances to score at least once (though Queens' keeper hasn't actually had to save anything, as we keep gawping at the ball instead of striking it), but you need air crash investigators to pick over both goals conceded.

On the balance of play it would be level but we deserve everything we get for our errors and lack of finishing. Us at Palmerston has a habit of producing a meltdown from one of the teams and we're having it today so far. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He walked off but very gingerly, would be surprised if we see him in the next 5/6 weeks. Bad blow considering  he is our most likely for a goal these days.