Queens v Morton

I don’t know why folk are still trying single out players after a good win. Gordon put in a good shift today as did the whole team. Max Johnston was getting the stick before but he has been very impressive last few games. A goal line clearance today and then the goal that set us on our way. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Question for the Ton fans here ... Lewis Strapp's long throws are a real weapon and tough to defend.  But I just wonder if its all too predictable and should they mix it up a bit and go short now and again?  Hope to hell I haven't jinxed this.

Was also going to ask if Morton have actually scored many goals when Strapp's long throws have been put down as assists. It's a useful tactic but gets a bit tedious if used every time. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, #Gary said:
Our best midfielder left on the bench again..

Wouldn't worry about it, The Invisible Man has returned to our midfield.

Well he certainly wasn’t invisible today - thought he was outstanding. What a shift he put in.

Well he certainly wasn’t invisible today - thought he was outstanding. What a shift he put in.

Good to hear. Hopefully kicks on from here.

Great result. 4 clean sheets in a row is nothing short of incredible when you see some of the goals we've conceded this season. Long may it continue.

45 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I don’t know why folk are still trying single out players after a good win. Gordon put in a good shift today as did the whole team. Max Johnston was getting the stick before but he has been very impressive last few games. A goal line clearance today and then the goal that set us on our way. 

Brilliant team performance again .

Did not start well struggled a bit with the  high ball  but after the 1st goal we never looked back the defence started to win more balls in the air .

We could have scored more but just took it easy after the 3rd goal 

Morton really struggled with our pace we actually played the ball on the ground rather than in the air all the time 

Shea Gordon easily had his best game for us as did Junior.

Max without his Dad as his boss is a different player .

Wullie and Josh Todd controlled the midfield only downside of the day was the injury to Fizpartrick 

Very good today.

We were on the back foot until we scored, but got a real grip thereafter.

Seeing our midfield in control like that feels disconcerting.  Decent finishing would have seen a bigger margin of victory, but I don't feel like complaining.

We have a real chance now, where I'd thought we genuinely had none at all.  

What was really great was not sitting back after half time. We were always looking to break forwards and really could have scored more.

Like others have said, credit where it's due, Gordon did well second half.

Who were the co-commentators today. I figured it was Lee Connelly first half, but didn't hear who it was second half ... Cochrane maybe?

Thought it was a nice change to include players, good media experience for them too. 👍

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Who were the co-commentators today. I figured it was Lee Connelly first half, but didn't hear who it was second half ... Cochrane maybe?

Thought it was a nice change to include players, good media experience for them too. 👍

Second half was Calvin McGrory, with our injury list growing they won’t be short of options for co commentators anytime soon. 

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I did wonder why the keeper didn't see red at the penalty. Can only guess the ref thought a defender had got back to the goals.

Is there not a new rule that  the pen is enough the keeper does not get sent off 

4 hours ago, virginton said:

We've created enough chances to score at least once (though Queens' keeper hasn't actually had to save anything, as we keep gawping at the ball instead of striking it), but you need air crash investigators to pick over both goals conceded.

On the balance of play it would be level but we deserve everything we get for our errors and lack of finishing. Us at Palmerston has a habit of producing a meltdown from one of the teams and we're having it today so far. 

That sums it up for me overall. After starting promisingly in the second half, we then contributed another ridiculous backpass/penalty/goal from McEntee, who has been excellent before and after the change of manager. By all accounts we were fortunate to keep it to 3 after that, but all the goals were pretty wild exceptions to the flow of the game before then.

I'd be much more concerned about that scoreline if we had been dominated and overwhelmed tactically, but IMO it was mostly just a honking day at the office. We cannot get Imrie back into the dugout fast enough though, as we are not pressing the ball or making effective changes under that tit Millen. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I did wonder why the keeper didn't see red at the penalty. Can only guess the ref thought a defender had got back to the goals.

When a penalty is awarded, is it not now the case that there's only a sending off, if it's an obvious scoring opportunity AND the foul is adjudged deliberate?

I'm guessing that he stayed on the field as it was seen as an attempt to get the ball, rather than a deliberate foul.

Probably fair enough.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

When a penalty is awarded, is it not now the case that there's only a sending off, if it's an obvious scoring opportunity AND the foul is adjudged deliberate?

I'm guessing that he stayed on the field as it was seen as an attempt to get the ball, rather than a deliberate foul.

Probably fair enough.

Don't know the new rule to be fair. However, it had to be a scoring opportunity, and given Junior had got past the keeper it looked deliberate.  No doubt the highlights will clear it up.

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Don't know the new rule to be fair. However, it had to be a scoring opportunity, and given Junior had got past the keeper it looked deliberate.  No doubt the highlights will clear it up.

He wasn't past the goalkeeper though. That's how Hamilton was able to upend him.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I thought Gordon put in a great shift, second half anyway. Winning tackles, spraying some good passes about and pushing forward to attack. Ok, maybe not the best opposition to judge him against but he did fine imo. He's better than Liddle anyway. As I say you've got to judge performances against the standard of opposition but I thought once we withstood a few early scares there were no passengers today. 

Gordon been absolutely fine every game since Wullie took over.