Cove v Queens

Greenacres

2nd or 3rd April when I’m unfortunately on my stag. 

Really professional performance second half. Some effort from the fans that went up tonight. Really pleased with that, keeps up the momentum. 

Edit: Just seen you asked where. Central belt whoever wins the semi you’d think. 

Edited by JK_Queens

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

where's the final likely to be?

Probably depends who wins tomorrow night. If it is Killie, maybe Fir Park? If Raith, maybe Livi?

Am on holiday too. Can't imagine many Queens fans plan holidays so they dont clash with cup finals.

2nd or 3rd April when I’m unfortunately on my stag. 

Really professional performance second half. Some effort from the fans that went up tonight. Really pleased with that, keeps up the momentum. 

Edit: Just seen you asked where. Central belt whoever wins the semi you’d think. 

Really pleased with that. To go all I.M. Jolly, I don't particularly care that it's a final, I'm far happier we keep this momentum going especially with Morton up next. We defended deep for large parts and were probably a bit lucky as well at times but we still created by far the best chances of the game and should really have been out of sight. Love to see the passion from the boys at the end as well. Really is an unusual feeling just now that we're all in this together.

Fair play to QoS who defended resolutely and took their early chance. Fine strike. Thought that was very one sided game in Cove's favour and was attack against defence at times. Wouldn't break or go in for us tonight and out that cup. 

Thought Ola should have been on from the start ahead of Leitch and without our wing backs of Milne and Logan tonight we missed some quality delivery. Vigurs slows play far too much and missed Blair playing centrally. Need more energy and drive in the middle.

Stats win feck all as we know but reflects the above

Screenshot_20220301-212716.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Fair play to QoS who defended resolutely and took their early chance. Fine strike. Thought that was very one sided game in Cove's favour and was attack against defence at times. Wouldn't break or go in for us tonight and out that cup. 
Thought Ola should have been on from the start ahead of Leitch and without our wing backs of Milne and Logan tonight we missed some quality delivery. Vigurs slows play far too much and missed Blair playing centrally. Need more energy and drive in the middle.
Stats win feck all as we know but reflects the above

Screenshot_20220301-212716.thumb.jpg.0a1ccd731038ffaac8b35ac14fea4d41.jpg

The stats you've displayed are utterly pointless. Our 'keeper had a couple of saves to make but other than the scramble in the first half I can't recall Cove really looking like scoring.

We had two one-on-ones that should have killed the game: two chances far better than anything Cove offered.

Wasn't pretty to watch but great organisation and phenomenal work rate from Queens. Change of shape early second half made things more difficult for Cove.

Great play from Junior to set up the goal. Great save from Rae too, first half. Either of Junior or Fitzpatrick could/should have made it more comfortable second half.

Great win.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The stats you've displayed are utterly pointless. Our 'keeper had a couple of saves to make but other than the scramble in the first half I can't recall Cove really looking like scoring.

We had two one-on-ones that should have killed the game: two chances far better than anything Cove offered.

I didn't say we had clear cut chances as clearly we didn't. Goals change and win games and we didn't get any.

We pressed more, had a few half chances but didn't do enough in the final third. Delivery was poor on the whole.

I'd like to see Junior's one on one again as he looked miles offside but could well of have been on. From the angle I was at and when the ball was played could just have been my ignorance.

We've had a few games like this recently, dominated ball and the territory but not been ruthless enough or creative enough. Frustrating but hopefully will come again.

Thought Cove looked the better side overall. QoS improved under Gibson, who is a class act.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

The results Gibson is currently getting out of a very average squad are very impressive so far - long may it last.
From the team that played tonight, Connolly, Cameron, Nditi and Cochrane will obviously improve the overall quality once they are back. Thought we might have seen wee McKechnie at some point tonight, but we can keep him up our sleeves for Morton.
Although they both worked hard, the sitters missed by Roy & Soares could have cost us the game

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really pleased with that. To go all I.M. Jolly, I don't particularly care that it's a final, I'm far happier we keep this momentum going especially with Morton up next. We defended deep for large parts and were probably a bit lucky as well at times but we still created by far the best chances of the game and should really have been out of sight. Love to see the passion from the boys at the end as well. Really is an unusual feeling just now that we're all in this together.

Sounds like Morton 6 weeks ago.

Huge game on Saturday.