Cove v Queens

Greenacres

I genuinely couldn't give a shit tbh. If we're relegated, winning the Challenge Cup won't soften that blow in the slightest. It would be an hilarious riddy actually.

I do want us to win tomorrow though purely to keep this momentum going. Any win the now is good news and it would surely give the players another boost going to a strong opponent and getting a victory.

I genuinely couldn't give a shit tbh. If we're relegated, winning the Challenge Cup won't soften that blow in the slightest. It would be an hilarious riddy actually.

I do want us to win tomorrow though purely to keep this momentum going. Any win the now is good news and it would surely give the players another boost going to a strong opponent and getting a victory.
You're right it would definitely not make relegation any easier to stomach. Would be great to get to a cup final though especially after the season we have had and the effort the players put in to the competition. Thought we were outstanding against Patrick Thistle in the second half of the fourth round.

This game just gets in the way of more important business, but it could be a good chance to give Nditi, McKechnie and Cooper - and dare I say it Chima?! - some game time to help bring them up to full match fitness.   

Is Cameron eligible for this one or is he still unable to play due to the conditions of his loan deal?  If he's out, and Connelly is unfit, it will be interesting to see who Wullie plays up top.

While I want to see us win, the result isn't of the greatest importance in the grand scheme of things and the main priority for me is not to have us pick up any further injuries.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

This game just gets in the way of more important business, but it could be a good chance to give Nditi, McKechnie and Cooper - and dare I say it Chima?! - some game time to help bring them up to full match fitness.   

Is Cameron eligible for this one or is he still unable to play due to the conditions of his loan deal?  If he's out, and Connelly is unfit, it will be interesting to see who Wullie plays up top.

While I want to see us win, the result isn't of the greatest importance in the grand scheme of things and the main priority for me is not to have us pick up any further injuries.

Cameron is cup-tied. The loan deal applied to the Scottish Cup.

Cove lineup as per below. Gourlay gets a rare start. He's clearly been told he'll play cup games and league games is all McKenzie.

Think we switch from 3-5-2 with 2 wing backs to a straight 4-4-2 tonight. 

No Harry Milne due to suspension, no Strachan and Logan due to injury.

No true wingers tonight in that lineup and Scully is make-shift LB

Screenshot_20220301-185214.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-185622.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

This game has really captured the imagination, eh?

I'm not really too fussed about it myself, but it's a bit of a shame.  This competition has provided some of my best ever moments as a Queens fan.  

I don't like the media narrative that often strives to elevate the mundane league over cups.  I hope we can win tonight, but like most of us, I'll live with it if we don't.