Peter W

Peter W

Hi. I am trying to seek out either a funny song or poem (other than the welly song) by Billy Connolly that we can play at my Dad's funeral, as he was such a huge fan! Does anyone have any ideas please? Thank you, Peter

Evil Scotsman? It does have its fair share of expletives mind you.

It's not really Connolly's style of comedy either TBH.

Think there was a thread about this ages ago; songs that aren't by the people everyone thinks they are. Apparently the internet decided years ago that Don't Worry, Be Happy was by Bob Marley, presumably by people who'd never heard a Bob Marley song.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I liked his version of Long-Haired Lover from Liverpool - Short-Arsed Police Cadet fae Maryhill.

Short Haired police cadet far Maryhill. The second verse is "short arsed shuggy fae shettleston"

The song I had in mind was his version of "ten guitars" by Engelbert Humperdinck. Or obviously his famous parody of D.I.V.O.R.C.E which topped the charts and kept Tammy Wynette's original off the top 😊.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Short Haired police cadet far Maryhill. The second verse is "short arsed shuggy fae shettleston"

The song I had in mind was his version of "ten guitars" by Engelbert Humperdinck. Or obviously his famous parody of D.I.V.O.R.C.E which topped the charts and kept Tammy Wynette's original off the top 😊.

Forgot about Ten Guitars. Billy's Freebird  :lol:

I wonder if there's a Billy Connolly tribute act out there somewhere, like Fake That and the Faux Fighters.

Probably some good money to be made if someone could do a decent job of his songs, although a bit trickier than your standard musician!