Elgin City v The Binos

We travel the long road to Elgin on Saturday (Weather permitting) to take on an Elgin side that like ourselves have struggled in the League. 

Must win game for both teams if Elgin win they jump above in the League and we move closer to the bottom.

Expect a close fought game with neither team wanting to lose. Expect it will end in a draw but you never know if we can play like the 2nd half against Forfar then maybe just maybe the 3 points will be coming down the road to make the long journey back to Stirling that little bit more pleasing.  ( It will make the refreshment stop at Aviemore even more enjoyable 😀

Prediction Elgin 1 Binos 1  

The meeting of the leagues in form teams eh……what a belter this will be!!

No idea how it’ll go, watched Elgin play Kelty the other week and thought they were really poor, was obviously at the match where we lost 1-0 during the Christmas period and didn’t think Elgin were up to much then, despite them taking the points…..so we’ll see.

Lose it and find ourselves 2nd bottom of the league on Saturday night and it’s panic stations time.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The meeting of the leagues in form teams eh……what a belter this will be!!

No idea how it’ll go, watched Elgin play Kelty the other week and thought they were really poor, was obviously at the match where we lost 1-0 during the Christmas period and didn’t think Elgin were up to much then, despite them taking the points…..so we’ll see.

Lose it and find ourselves 2nd bottom of the league on Saturday night and it’s panic stations time.

We've been in danger since Christmas and seem to sleep walking backwards towards the play off. Win or lose on Saturday and I'll still fear for us. We have  a squad of players good enough to be challenging to get out of the lowest level of the national league at the top end not the bottom.

One win in our last 15 games in the league shows something badly wrong with the club.

I'll be happy to see the same starting eleven, that appeared against Forfar.  I thought young Paterson was hobbling prior to his substitution. Hope, what ever it was, it doesn't  prevent him from appearing against Elgin.

It's been a while since we won a game. Remind me what form a victory celebration takes? Polite clapping, group hug or taps awff.

Edited by Dumb yatt
does to doesn't

17 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

We've been in danger since Christmas and seem to sleep walking backwards towards the play off. Win or lose on Saturday and I'll still fear for us. We have  a squad of players good enough to be challenging to get out of the lowest level of the national league at the top end not the bottom.

One win in our last 15 games in the league shows something badly wrong with the club.

Pretty much matches Elgin's situation too.

Dreadful recent form, can't buy a goal.  Gifting penalties all over.

So frustrating, as when the team do play well we can beat anyone. 

Some horrific refereeing calls against us in the last few games, but that is no excuse - bad refereeing never puts a team in relegation trouble.   Poor teams put themselves there.

Could be 0-0, 5-5, 6-1 or 1-6... or somewhere in between.

A well deserved win for City. Hester missed a couple of good chances in the first half which would have put them well out of sight. Stirling were incredibly poor in the first half, but were better in the second half. Stick on red card. Omar played his best game since his return to Elgin and deserved his goal. Impressed with Anderson who probably deserved MotM. Apart from losing a scrappy goal the defence were excellent. Good to see Soapy back and Machado was worthy of his start.

I have some wisdom and definitely old. I therefore know it's only a game. But oh dear not only did it rain for Stirling it poured. The irony of ironies was EC's second goal, scored by Omar.  " Revenge is a dish best served cold"

I've heard play-offs are a moneyspinner.

2 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

I have some wisdom and definitely old. I therefore know it's only a game. But oh dear not only did it rain for Stirling it poured. The irony of ironies was EC's second goal, scored by Omar.  " Revenge is a dish best served cold"

The relegation play off?

3 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Just back from the game, First half we were poor very lucky to go in at halftime only 2-0 down and with 10 men. Yes Omar`s goal was not unexpected given our form at the moment. Sweet revenge indeed. 

Second half at least even with 10 men for about half an hour we had a go and managed to get a goal back but same old failings we made a mistake in defence and were punished late on to make it 3-1 to Elgin. 

Now down to 8th spot and I am getting worried that if Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers start to hit a bit of form we could be in serious trouble come the end of the season. Next 2 home games against Stenny and Cowdenbeath are both 6 pointers. 

Much needed win especially with us playing the top 4 in our next games, so possibly slim pickings there. We played well first half against as poor a Stirling performance as I can remember seeing and that was against 11.  Could/Should have been 4-0 at HT. Thought it was a definite red card and good to see the ref didn’t bottle it. First period of the second half saw Stirling come into the game and I would not have been surprised if it went 2-2. Coincided with Cameron moving further forward, when I felt his ability to receive and keep possession of the ball was missed at the base of midfield. As the game wore on Elgin eventually gained control and could have scored 6-7 in the end. Good all round performance over all. I thought Anderson fitted in well and good to see Cameron and Cooper back and Spark getting game time. Pleasant surprise to see Weir in the dug out, even if it’s just a one off.