Airdrie v Clyde - 26/2/22

4 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Could hear the usual on the stream yesterday. When the ball went backwards it was booing. 

Being actually at the game I never noticed much of that: some degree of frustration when the back pass lost the forward momentum, I will give you- it was probably me!😀We do need to get behind the team but it was chances missed. On to a hard game at Alloa.

Just watched the highlights, superb strike from Jamieson for the goal but has to take the chance not long before it goes 1-1, probably kills the game off at that point. 

On a side note, Afolabi booked in the first half for a dive then did it again in the second, why no booking second time?

18 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Just watched the highlights, superb strike from Jamieson for the goal but has to take the chance not long before it goes 1-1, probably kills the game off at that point. 

On a side note, Afolabi booked in the first half for a dive then did it again in the second, why no booking second time?

Not every non penalty decision means that there was a dive. My child knows that so surprised you had to ask.

49 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Not every non penalty decision means that there was a dive. My child knows that so surprised you had to ask.

In real-time, which is obviously how the ref saw it too, my initial view was that the keeper touched the ball away and Jon's momentum took him over the boy's arms. No penalty, no dive, no booking.

With the benefit of replays, Jon nicks the ball to the side and the only thing the keeper connects with is his foot. It's a penalty all day.

Edited by el Gringo

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Both looked dives to me, hence why I said. 

None of the penalty “claims” were penalties. 

Must need you’re eyesight tested cos the 1st one was a stonewaller. Ref had an absolute fucking stinker, would even go as far as saying the ref yesterday was worse than Barry Cook and that is saying something. Level of refereeing is an absolute joke, bar the female ref we had a couple of weeks ago against Montrose; put all of the usual wankers we get to shame